DOES THIS MEAN?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

DOES THIS MEAN?

Does the MRP panel now have to pass judgement on all blocks made during a game and pass verdict on all. The degree of impact obviously will vary but if they have now suspended one player for a off the ball block all players have to be reviewed and even minumum points have to be given. As a football lover I dont want to this happen but I cant see how they cannot.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Yes Curley they will, but only on St.KFC players. Interstate clubs in particular, will be exempt.

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.
Saints94
SS Life Member

yes it does curly

JeffDunne

Of course it doesn't.

What it means is the AFL will do nothing until a West Coast player flattens one of our players behind play. The AFL will then intervene and say they've changed their interpretation - this time no footage=no suspension.

Two weeks later, we'll see a Sydney player go down behind play, and they'll change their interpretations back again.

A bad liar always needs to tell more lies to cover their previous lies. The AFL are poor liars.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

What we might see is an increase in players defending what happened in terms of "I wasn't trying to lay a shepherd, I was simply stopping dead in my tracks so that I could watch where the ball was going".

Other than that, I don't think so. Still, it will be interesting to see what happens next time we get an accidental head clash more than 5 metres from the ball.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
spert
Saintsational Legend

It means that when a player such as Baker gives his view of the "incident" he is deemed to be lying by the AFL. Clearly a premeditated outcome regardless of how much evidence was given.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

My main issue is that blocking has never been deemed a suspendable offence. Now that is every incident has to be graded with there ridiculous point system. Its the same with striking even a fairy tap gets viewed and graded.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
SainterX1
Club Player

Does anyone remember a few years ago, Justin Murphy was playing at Essendon and put a block on Hamill. Aaron ran through him, and was reported. Don't remember what came of the report, but he was definitely hung, drawn and quartered by the media...

Just shows the changing interpretations by the AFL