The manure has hit the air circulator...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

The manure has hit the air circulator...

I think this is the beginning of the end for the St.KFC - In fighting amongst fellow Saint supporters, lack of interestin the game from several members and corruption in the league itself - not to mention all other 15 clubs hate us.....

mark my words, if this continues, the saints will be extinct within ten years.....

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

If you're wrong, and the St Kilda Football Club is still around in 10 years, no one will remember this post.

On the other hand, if you're right, and the St Kilda Football Club is extinct in 10 years ... no one will remember this post. :lol:

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Richter
SS Life Member

I disagree. If we're made of anything as a club - supporters, players, directors, it will urge us on even more. Hopefully to premiership glory.

Yes, these f*****s at the AFL are doing everything in their power to stop it, but they can't stop Roo from running, Kosi from flying, Harvey from sidestepping, Bally from tackling, Dal from dodging.......

Will the real St Kilda now stand up? YES, YES, YES........

On the pitch the players will play and in the stands, we will cheer. I am quite confidant of that. I now back the boys to do it. To go all the way and show these arseholes what we're made of.

GO SAINTS.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
brewski
Club Player

i hope everyone hates us, im sick of being everyones 2nd team

f*** em all, we have been the nice guys for so long, what do they say? thats right........................nice guys finish last!

Banned by the censors
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

I don't think we're everyones second team anymore, not since 2004 at least. We seem to be a bit of a target because of our draft concessions.

Bowey Boy
Club Player

I can truly say that compared to the 1980s, these are golden days for the St Kilda Football Club !!

"I think, 'You kick a footy mate, you kick a footy. It's not like you've got a cure for cancer. You kick a footy, stop thinking you are so special'." - Samantha Black
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

:D :D lol in fighting amongst supporters thats been happening at every club forever!!!!!!!!!!!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Perhaps a tad melodramatic methinks.

This business about Baker is simply a symptom of a problem our club faces that isn't new.

Basically, for most of the rest of the AFL world, we have been seen as being far too big for our boots in recent years. GT was in a way clever at getting most of the hostility and venom directed towards him rather than the club and the players: but, at root, our rightful place is seen by most to be struggling at the bottom of the table rather than playing in the finals most years.

Most of the AFL world thinks that it was totally unfair for us to be able to snaffle Riewoldt, Kosi, Dal, Ball, Goddard, etc. We were seen as doing it by deliberately tanking for several seasons: never mind that there were extenuating circumstances (eg, Timmy Watson) or that others have tanked more systematically and blatantly since. Unfortunately for us, nobody has yet been as successful in using the draft to elevate themselves up the table, so we are seen as the #1 draft cheats.

Most of the AFL world also couldn't care less if we sink or swim. They don't seem to care about the fact that we have a huge potential fan base south and south-east of the city: or else, they covet those fans for their ailing clubs. They don't see us as a club with much of a glorious tradition: we are the party club, not lovable battlers like the Dogs, or the one-time glamour boys like the Dees, Hawks or Tigers, or a club like Carlton, whose rightful place is at the top of the table but - like some British aristocrat who has blown their inheritance at the racecourse - is just a bit down on their luck at present but is sure to come good. We certainly don't have powerful friends at the top of the AFL like the Kangaroos.

We are seen as the party boys: a bit inclined to break the rules on and off the field, unpredictable and unreliable.

The treatment of Baker is an example of this problem in a microcosm. He is basically a clean player (other than his idiotic rushes of blood to the head, for which he deserves everything he gets). But he isn't seen this way outside of our club. He is seen as a dirty, niggling, sniping cheat who constantly impedes star players behind the back of the cameras and umpires. It's crap, but it's the way the rest of the AFL sees him: he's a dirty, arrogant, uppity little cheat like the whole St Kilda club are dirty, arrogant, uppity little cheats: rorting the draft system, daring to criticise the umps and to accuse them of being corrupt, daring to complain about the grossly unfair draw, etc., etc.

If you don't believe that this is how the rest of the AFL world sees Bakes, just note the deafening silence in the media of anyone coming forward to say how unfair the whole process has been.

It ain't fair, but it's the way things are for our club. If you don't like it, go and support Essendon or Collingwood.

If it turns you off AFL, go and find another sport. But I suspect that you will find that - like life - all sports feature one rule for the powerful and favoured teams and players and another rule for the outsiders.

That said, I think the AFL is unique in how blatantly, unprofessionally and often embarrasingly biased and corrupt their processes and decisions are. But that's our game in 2007.

In the end, the market (particularly the TV audiences) will decide whether it continues that way: personally, I think the umpiring is getting close to the point where they will soon need to make a dramatic gesture like appointing Sheeds to restructure it.

And they are going to need to do something about the blatant cheating by the Swans: I wouldn't be surprised to see them destroyed by the umpires in their next two games and miss the finals. And I don't think the AFL would mind at all if a Melbourne team won the flag this year: stand by for every sort of conceivable help being given to the Kangaroos (an AFL darling, not just because of Demetriou but also because, since the departure of Carey, they are the Melbourne team that the supporters of other clubs would probably least object to seeing win the thing).

Anyway, enough of this rant.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Rubbish to the OP...

All it shows is that there is alot of passion for the Saints and about the Saints......

And don't make the mistake of take the microcosm of Saintsational to be fully representative of Saints fans.

Many are quite rightly hurting at pressent and are mightilly annoyed.........

....however where we need to vent it is with support of the saints against the Eagles tinight.

Once the siren blows............................

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

My suggestion - go and have a read of this.

These sorts of things have followed this club since before entry into the comp in 1897. We'll deal with it and come out stronger and with one more tale for the grandkids when we con them into following our team.

GrumpyOne

The sky is falling the sky is falling.

We'll all be ruined.

If the wind changes your face will stay like that.

We were warned.

The world is coming to an end.

You'll have someone's eye out with that.

Beware the ides of March.

Is that enough doom-saying for one day?

FFS get a grip. :roll: :roll:

yipper
SS Life Member

cowboy18 wrote:My suggestion - go and have a read of this.

These sorts of things have followed this club since before entry into the comp in 1897. We'll deal with it and come out stronger and with one more tale for the grandkids when we con them into following our team.
Exactly - get a grip ppl sheesh..

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

last time i checked we still had 22 fit fireing blokes readdy to run our for our club tonight

bakes is one player he got shafted and it sucks but its hardly the end of the world

if it make you feel better imgine bakes is injured for 7 games

the sun comes up each morning WE ARE ST KILDA WE WILL FIGHT ON !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
yipper
SS Life Member

The best revenge would be to win the bloody flag!! And to do that - we need to stick fat.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Kate
Club Player

Disagree - I think that this latest injustice cold be the one that inspires us to stand up and show the rest of the AFL world what we are capable of.

I think that the message from the AFL is that we will be on the outer with them regardless of whether we tow their line. Time to stand up and be the "Bad Boys" that they paint us to be.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

[quote="Richter"]I disagree. If we're made of anything as a club - supporters, players, directors, it will urge us on even more. Hopefully to premiership glory.

Yes, these f*****s at the AFL are doing everything in their power to stop it, but they can't stop Roo from running, Kosi from flying, Harvey from sidestepping, Bally from tackling, Dal from dodging.......

Will the real St Kilda now stand up? YES, YES, YES........

On the pitch the players will play and in the stands, we will cheer. I am quite confidant of that. I now back the boys to do it. To go all the way and show these arseholes what we're made of.

GO SAINTS.[/quote

well... i'm going tonight...and i will cheer myself horse......]

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:The best revenge would be to win the bloody flag!! And to do that - we need to stick fat.
\
yes....and yes..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Supremely confident tonight.

If we are pyssed about this, imagine how fired up the boys are? And to hear 3 of thier champs are out?

Hoo BOY - its on!

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Ric - hope like hell you're right.

If you are, we'll s*** on them.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"