No legal action

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tribunalsux

LETS STAND UP FOR BAKES AGAINST WESTCOAST!

This is the last straw for me in an extreamly crap performance by the AFL this year. I am calling on all saints memebers and supporters to do something about this baker fiasco!

St.kilda MUST take this further do we need a petition?? Send one around tommorow night to convince the club we need more action!

Lets not lie down like we did with the Fremantle draw (which would have seen us in the top four) or the Gheric JUMPER PUNCH fiasco. To many times St.Kilda has been known as the nice club. Nice does not win grand finals nice is rubbish nice is for losers!

ACTION IS A MUST!! St.Kilda fans must stand united!

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:08am, edited 2 times in total.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you realise boycotting the AFL will see you fined under new govt legislation?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/08/ ... 53847.html

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

evertonfc wrote:We'll learn a lot about the spine of RB and AF in the next 24 hours.
Exactly, If Rb does nothing about this he can say goodbye to the precidency, hes bowed down to the Afl too much, umpire gate, siren gate, and even ridded Gt to please them.

Before Im 85
Kate
Club Player

I think that we have to take this futher and make a real stand.

We've allowed ourselve to be pushed around too often, it's time to push back.Winning would be a bonus.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Aye!!!!

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

If there was any reasonable prospect of overturning the decision by taking it to the courts I'd be in it, but IMO there isn't, and doing so would become a distraction we don't need at this stage of the season.

Really, it's situation normal; we got shafted by the AFL; what's new in that? :roll:

But it's now time to concentrate on things we can influence, such as the game against the Weagles tonight. It's tough for Bakes, but, sadly, that's what we got. :(

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintsrus wrote:
evertonfc wrote:We'll learn a lot about the spine of RB and AF in the next 24 hours.
Exactly, If Rb does nothing about this he can say goodbye to the precidency, hes bowed down to the Afl too much, umpire gate, siren gate, and even ridded Gt to please them.
:roll: :roll:
get over the GT issue already !!!
if RB feels there is something to be gained out of taking this to the courts then yes lets do it but we still have 2 very important games left to win and then hopfully a finals series to contest in i would rather all our effort and resorces poured into that then making a statement to the AFL that they are going to ignore and more then likely punnish us for doing

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
kaos theory
Club Player

If Rb does nothing about this he can say goodbye to the precidency, hes bowed down to the Afl too much, umpire gate, siren gate, and even ridded Gt to please them.
that's BS.

To all here that want legal action.

Honestly, what could it possibly achieve?? I will tell you, nothing but a financial loss of about $250k in legal fees & distraction for the club from doing what its need to do to run the business and win games.

Its just a lot of usless chest beating.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Look...a day on I am still as mad as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But reality check....when Bakes said what he said (whether badly briefed...or his own lack of thought) his and our gooses was cooked.

Unfortunately his admission that he "blocked" and initiated the collision would most likely mean that in any higher court that he would also be found to be the one at fault.

The only way out would be if legally we could argue that the case should never have been heard....due to the Freo trainers testimony having been a fabrication or imagined.

So Bakes SHOULD have gotten off....but because of what was said he did not get off.....and his same words would now most likely mean that any other action would be unsuccessful as well.

We had don the hard yakka....discounted the Freo evidence and then stuffed it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After having worked hard to recovera good position Bakes was 10m out dead in front of goal.....and kicked it out on the full.

Time to move on I am afraid.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 24 Aug 2007 12:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Thanks saintsRrising... but it's a worry you know how to speak and spell pirate. ;)

Aye!!!
Belay that lad...though :wink: there is that "R" in my name.... rrrrrr

But yes there is a healthy dose of the nautical in my background.

perhaps some keel hauling for Dimmit???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Brian Collis
Club Player

How about venting their spleen on the field. All the sooking in the world won't help. F*** the courts, just win the game

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Nice naval Brian :lol:

AYE!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!