The Footy Show (developments etc.)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The Footy Show (developments etc.)

Thought I might start a thread in case anything comes up.

Already Luke Hodge has said:

"That happens a lot in games, where you try and block your opponent when you are in front of him."

Hodge said it had "happened to me before where my opponent stops and I run into the back of him".

Said that Bakes was doing what happens "all the time on a football field".

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
JeffDunne

Interesting.

I received this today from someone whose opinion I generally respect (don't tell him that) and has no reason I can see to make this up.

I;ve removed the name for obvious reasons.

-----------------------------------------------------------
******* who represents ******* at the tribunal works with me. That is my source. Baker is known to stop in front of opponents and throw his head back. Numerous players are happy he's been dealt with. Luke Hodge is one in particular who has spoken to *******.

Someone's telling porkies I'm just not sure who. :?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Interesting.

I received this today from someone whose opinion I generally respect (don't tell him that) and has no reason I can see to make this up.

I;ve removed the name for obvious reasons.

******* who represents ******* at the tribunal works with me. That is my source. Baker is known to stop in front of opponents and throw his head back. Numerous players are happy he's been dealt with. Luke Hodge is one in particular who has spoken to *******.

Someone's telling porkies I'm just not sure who. :?
Id say - going off Hodges glowing support of Baker on the FS tonight that your sauce is Dodgerfox an full of shyte.

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Nah, a footballer would never lie in a public forum.

Would he? :shock:

strauchanie
Club Player

that Farmer reference is quite a good one :shock:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Nah, a footballer would never lie in a public forum.

Would he? :shock:
yeah yeah Jeff...we know...its all conspracy...

your sauce is shyte Jeff - its Dodgerfox isnt it?

“Yeah….nah””
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i find it funny how so many people on an internet forum are so worried about protecting their "sources" and not wanting to say something for fear of "incriminating" someone.....

i think some people might take themselves a bit too seriously...

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
JeffDunne

No dud, the reason I didn't post who told me that was because it 's irrlevant.

I think if you read my post you'll see that I also called what he said into question.

It's hardly an earth shattering comment and I do know that he works with a person who represents clubs at the tribunal. Hardly worth damaging someone's proffessional relationship over something of little consequence.

I only posted it because the opening post made reference to Hodge and his thoughts on Baker and I just happened to receive this today.

Take it with a pinch of salt, it's hardly earth shattering.

FWIW, if mod's are going to delete abuse at least be bloody consistent. :roll:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:i find it funny how so many people on an internet forum are so worried about protecting their "sources" and not wanting to say something for fear of "incriminating" someone.....

i think some people might take themselves a bit too seriously...
Actually dud I think there are a couple of valid reasons…

1/ the source themselves may not be comfortable with it or may have not approved it being put on the net

2/ it could cause embarrassment to the source

I doubt it has anything to do with the poster themselves.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i wasn't just refferring to you JD, so many do it, maybe to make themselves sound more 'connected or important, it was more like 'the straw that broke the camels back'

oh and if anyone takes anything they read on an internet forum as fact, then i hope they never watch ACA or read women's day, as they'd be too paranoid to leave their own bed

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Odd then that Hodge on the Footie Show seemed literally quited stunned about the 7 weeks that bakes got...

Also as Hodge often plays as a sweeper down back....would he have actually played on Bakes much?
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 24 Aug 2007 10:22am, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
JeffDunne

I haven't seen the Footy Show sRs so I can't comment on his response.

Must admit I was surprised at the comment because Hodge is always pretty hard at it.

TBH, I think all players would be stunned that a player could be reported in the fashion Bakes has, even if they didn't have a good opinion of him. I think it's appalling the AFLPA don't represent players interests in these cases.

Tuesday night I was discussing this case with some US NFL fans. Their first reaction was the players union would take the NFL to court over such an unjust ruling. The NFL players association are currently being criticised for not representing the interests of a convicted dog fighter/killer who was suspended from preseason. The expectation is they represent the interests of all players in all cases. The AFLPA is a poor immitation.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

JD....happy to cut a bit of slack tonight..everyone is very emotional and annoyed, with great reason..

Wasnt just the abuse in your post, was in very poor taste as well.,,which I reckon in hindsight you couldnt really argue with :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
JeffDunne

Fair enough.

But if you're going to leave the abuse from the consistent trouble maker then be prepared with your finger on the delete button. Because if history is any guide I won't be the only person that responds to that . . . . (I'll save you the time of editing/deleting the post).

I have received several PMs from people who no longer post here lamenting this posters constant abuse. You & the other mod's have done a great job cleaning up the joint but this one poster turns almost every thread into a slanging match.

If you leave his posts then people will respond in kind.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I too have received numerous PM's from people supporting the usage of less abuse and posters constantly spreading silly, inane and basically dumb rumours in threads.

In addition, most PM's Ive received are also concerned at the level of posters prepared to engage in mud slinging of the lowest order only to then simply run squealing to the mods when they cop a bit back......

Im with JD - lets get to the bottom of it and plug it out before it goes any further... :wink:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Teflon, I will go back to my policy of not responding to your posts.

Could you please do us all a favour and do likewise and stop stalking myself, Rodgerfox, Dan Warna, stinger, etc with inane responses?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Teflon, I will go back to my policy of not responding to your posts.

Could you please do us all a favour and do likewise and stop stalking myself, Rodgerfox, Dan Warna, stinger, etc with inane responses?
Im not sure Im allowed to respond...

Can you also please ensure you stop your inane dribble and tiresome attacks on JB, B4E, Magic and yours truly?

Your a Board Member Jeff of a respected virtual on-line widget company - try acting like one! :wink: ...or maybe you are... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

I'll take that as a NO. :roll:

Don't be too offended in future when I refuse to reply to you.

Saints94
SS Life Member

interesting to here his comments :roll:

Behind Play
Club Player

What about silly Sam, firstly picking WC to win tonight, and then when he realised the game is a TD he changed his pick. Has any one told him we beat them in WA already?

I also noticed Sam made no comment on the decision, usually he has an opinion on everything.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So nothing really came out of TFS as expected.

A one minute snap of RB after the tribunal saying we may take it further, then at about 10.20 Hutchy and the boys spending another 2 minutes on it.

Waste of airspace that show has become.

I watched that baby show "Fight for Life" I'd taped earlier instead!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.