Why all the change?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Why all the change?

Why do you think AFL has changed so drastically. The obvious recent incident has inspired my post here(leave that talk to a different thread please).

Why has the game changed so much, the rules so different and now the style of play so different?

I reckon it's just due to society evolving. Now ''unsafe'' thing are taken out of the game, Hell you can get penalised for a ''dangerous'' tackle now, one thing that sets our game apart from others.

Its not about the footy, or just about winning premierships, it's about money and revenue and off field stuff more so now. Teams dont play to win, they play for the best picks. Im probably ignorant to a lot of the facts admitidly, but I cannot understand why collingwood(and other teams) get such as advantage in the draw to other teams(not just us).

To think how are game has changed in the last 10 years... imagine what it will be like in 2017.

I think we will play on astro turf, and everyone will where complete body armour and ever will get a tag connected to their waste at the back and instead of tackling you just run up and grab someone's tag. Because thats the way things are going :evil: .../rant off.

Carpe Diem
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

yep, it's called "Duty of Care" and it's everywhere.

WARNING at MCG: "It's been raining, careful, as surfaces maybe slippery!"

True story - they put that and many other moronic things on scoreboards now.

Next we will get warnings that crossing the road is dangerous.

Heck, breathing may be dangerous if we're not really careful!

The whole world has gone soft.

It's gone way too far, and the AFL are leading the way in all of this....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

catering for little johny's mum
hope when little johnny goes to preschool tomorrow some barstard snots him..let his mum see some real blood