Carlton circling over kosi???

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Carlton circling over kosi???

I have heard from two different sources (no idea on reliability) that kosi is finding it very hard to come to terms on a new contract and carlton are aware and ready to swoop!!

Anyone have anything to add to this. Im looking in your direction 3.16....

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

nothing official but i'll add my 2 cents

IMO Kosi loves the club, his friends are here, it has been very good to him and he seems like a very loyal person...

i don't think he would go to a rabble like carrrrlllllllton, for money alone

Behind Play
Club Player

Really what have they got to offer?

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

What do we get for Kosi???

He's worth more than their club all together!

They walk amongst us...

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Fine if they are willing to part with their #1 priority pick plus a couple of talented midfielders they may get us to the table to talk trade other wise they haven't a hope as the tigers have the box seat at the draft.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
ark
Club Player

Can't see it happening. He's too much of an uncomplicated person (ie strong and clear, old-fashioned values) to be mercenary. Read the Age last Sat - he's staying.

Remember last contract hype re Kosi leaving. No-one worthwhile has left the club recently and it won't happen this year.

(only my opinion not based on special inside knowledge).

G-Train09
Club Player

fev 4 kosi?

All Aboard woooo wooo!
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

G-Train09 wrote:fev 4 kosi?
I would screw up the piece of paper... burn it... and laugh in their faces if that was the offer.

They walk amongst us...

Behind Play
Club Player

G-Train09 wrote:fev 4 kosi?

No bloody way!!!!!!!!!!1

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If Kosi wants to go he Carlton dont have to trade, all they have to do is wait for the ND and pick him up with the No 1 pick like they did with Ackland.

Thats if he wants to go......does he? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
choowy
Club Player

how about they draft old clarke this year, he would make a matching
pair with jump early ackland.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

redwhite&blackblood wrote:Fine if they are willing to part with their #1 priority pick plus a couple of talented midfielders they may get us to the table to talk trade other wise they haven't a hope as the tigers have the box seat at the draft.
can't trade a priority pick anyways.

Carpe Diem
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Who is his agent? Pickering? I am getting worried he has not signed yet. Can't imagine him going to carlton...

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:If Kosi wants to go he Carlton dont have to trade, all they have to do is wait for the ND and pick him up with the No 1 pick like they did with Ackland.

Thats if he wants to go......does he? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM 8-)
Richmond will be #1 in ND as they will finish 16th. so they won't get him they either trade for him or take a punt on getting him in the PSD which is a long shot with the Tigers @ #2 pick.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
remboy
SS Hall of Fame

I'm not sure if it was SEN or AW but it was said last night that StKilda's offer to Kosi was heavily performanced based and he wanted something that was guaranteed. I'd be surprised if they don't find some middle ground. It's just a pain having to sit through the wheeling and dealing.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

If we don't pay him what he is worth... it would be one of the biggest losses ever for the club... he bleeds red, white and black.

They walk amongst us...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

On SEN today they said the Saints and Kosi are miles apart and the Tigers are very keen. Hope this isnt so as they can actually get him for nothing.

nabby7
Club Player

kosi has to stay
he'll keep his word to the pact made!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

remboy wrote:I'm not sure if it was SEN or AW but it was said last night that StKilda's offer to Kosi was heavily performanced based and he wanted something that was guaranteed. I'd be surprised if they don't find some middle ground. It's just a pain having to sit through the wheeling and dealing.
Spot on.

Just part of the negotiation process ... the player manager spreads the rumor that they are struggling to come to terms, and this puts pressure on the club to get it over and done with, and bow to the players demands.

They will come to an agreement ... according to some, Dal was a "certainty" to be at Essendon ... look what happened there.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id expect wed be sensible with what we offer...Kosi's first near full year in a few seasons and hes been solid without setting the world on fire across the whole yer so far.

Id also like to think that the club has backed Kosi and put a lot of time and effort into him and that in itself would translate to a sensible resolution.

“Yeah….nah””
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I raised this when Dal and Roo were signed, and funnily enough was shouted down for it, but.....

.....when we were back slapping the Board for signing those two, did any of us know how much we paid them to stay? Therefore, who would have to be sacrificed or at the least take a big pay cut to stay on board?

Now that may sound quite negative, and perhaps it is. But, surely it has to be the coach that dictates to the club who is on his list???

Surely.

The coach has to give the club a list of 'must have's', and list of 'want to have's' and a list of 'meh's'.

With Archie 'Mr Football' Fraser and Ken 'put Milney on the trade table before the new coach arrives' Sheldon doing the negotiations, can we be assured that the players that the coach wants stay at the club?

I don't think so.

I genuinely think the coach, more than anyone at the footy club should be involved in keeping players at the club.

suss
Club Player

This has been on my mind for months. He's coming off some lean times with us, not through his own fault of course, but normally he wouldn't be in a position to demand big bucks. I'm thinking $350k-$400k.

He question is: how much would be worth to Carlton? $500k? $600k?

Here's hoping the bridge is gapped not before long.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:Now that may sound quite negative, and perhaps it is. But, surely it has to be the coach that dictates to the club who is on his list???

Surely.

The coach has to give the club a list of 'must have's', and list of 'want to have's' and a list of 'meh's'.
Apparently the previous coach has stated publicly that he didn't have any say about who was on the list.

I agree with you totally about the coach being responsible for the playing list.

Mabye thats a reason why Ross Lyon is now coach.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Violent Stool
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Id expect wed be sensible with what we offer...Kosi's first near full year in a few seasons and hes been solid without setting the world on fire across the whole yer so far.

Id also like to think that the club has backed Kosi and put a lot of time and effort into him and that in itself would translate to a sensible resolution.
What crap!

Kosi has to be a certainty to be on our list!! If Lyon or the club do anything to play games in regards to keeping a player such as him, they are incompetent and negligent.

How far down the rabbit hole do you really want to go?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Violent Stool wrote:
Teflon wrote:Id expect wed be sensible with what we offer...Kosi's first near full year in a few seasons and hes been solid without setting the world on fire across the whole yer so far.

What crap!

Kosi has to be a certainty to be on our list!! If Lyon or the club do anything to play games in regards to keeping a player such as him, they are incompetent and negligent.
Violent stool by name......and clearly by nature......

Im not saying off load Kosi ya daft pr!ck - Im saying both parties should be sensible in what they offer/take...

Try reading....its fun. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””