Thommo's Knee

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

killa_gram
Club Player

Thommo's Knee

His knee has come up ok this week. They were thinking of putting him straight back in the team but have decided to be a little cautious, so are bringing back through Casey.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Saints94
SS Life Member

so we will see him against the tigers?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

thats good news i hope he gets a game next week against the tigs

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

His knee has come up ok this week. They were thinking of putting him straight back in the team but have decided to be a little cautious, so are bringing back through Casey

I reckon Thommo will be invaluable off the bench at finals time.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Good news....and another option to replace Bakes if our appeal is unsuccessful...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

As great as Thommo has been for the club he shouldnt play against the Tigers ubless he deserves a game or we are out of the finals race. Very harsh I know but the finals is more important than anything.

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

If he is not going to play finals he should ge a send-off game against the Tigers.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:As great as Thommo has been for the club he shouldnt play against the Tigers ubless he deserves a game or we are out of the finals race. Very harsh I know but the finals is more important than anything.
from all reports (i know you get down there more than i do), thommo has been racking up high disposal since going back to Casey. Yes, may not deserve a spot in the side but if he is close to selection, i dont see why he can't have a send off against the tigers

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:As great as Thommo has been for the club he shouldnt play against the Tigers ubless he deserves a game or we are out of the finals race. Very harsh I know but the finals is more important than anything.
not for sentimental value but if bakes is going to be gone for the remainder of the year maybe thommo is worth a go for the last game and mybe even finals as we are now down a a mid and i cant see armo or mini making a huge impact
i would prefer experiance

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:thats good news i hope he gets a game next week against the tigs

I hope he makes it in for the month after the tigers game.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I think it was Chook (or was it Killa)????? who posted that Thommo was almost an in last week...but that his injury ruled him out.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

the stats coming through and the articles in the local newspapers say he's been tearing it up in the seconds.

perhaps despite his 'relatively slow speed' he has a mind like greased lightning and a quick hand skills, might be a good support for ball in the engine room instead of the tagging roles he's been getting?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
not for sentimental value but if bakes is going to be gone for the remainder of the year maybe thommo is worth a go for the last game and mybe even finals as we are now down a a mid and i cant see armo or mini making a huge impact
i would prefer experiance
Depending on Baker case but Attards done a reasonable job tagging this year....but I can see merit in Thompsons experience IF we make the 8.

“Yeah….nah””
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Surely you could not bring Thompson into the side when we hit the finals running... He is surely never to play again, he is so far past it and should not have gone on this year, simple as that... His games this year in the 1's have been feeble, and bordering on embarressing for a player of his reputation... Its time for everyone on here, and Thompson himself to move on..

Certainly not worth risking against the tigers next week. We pick our best side availible week in week out, no matter what, and he is not in our best 32, so no point of letting sentiment getting in the way of a crucial 4 points.. This thommo love is beyond me..

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Why wouldn't we try out Thommo against the Tiges to see if he's still got what it takes as another option for the finals?

We have no idea how Attard or CJ or Birss would handle the pressure of finals football. But we know from as recently as the EF last year (when he gave a terrific performance) what Thommo can do.

Sure, if shows he is not up to it against the Tiges, and we make the finals, go back to the Attards and Birsses and CJs.

But heavens above, plugger66, surely you are not suggesting that selecting Thommo ahead of Attard or Birss to play against the Tigers would be a dangerous move for the team? Or that Attard or Birss or CJ have been playing with such brilliance that they would be robbed by being left out? (All three have been dropped at least once this season.)

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Sobraz wrote:Surely you could not bring Thompson into the side when we hit the finals running... He is surely never to play again, he is so far past it and should not have gone on this year, simple as that... His games this year in the 1's have been feeble, and bordering on embarressing for a player of his reputation... Its time for everyone on here, and Thompson himself to move on..

Certainly not worth risking against the tigers next week. We pick our best side availible week in week out, no matter what, and he is not in our best 32, so no point of letting sentiment getting in the way of a crucial 4 points.. This thommo love is beyond me..
You mustn't have been watching the same games as me this year. Sure, Thommo wasn't at his best in most of his performances this year (although I have a recollection of him going ok against someone: the Bulldogs?), but "embarrassing" is a big call.

I don't agree about Thommo not being in our "best 32". Anyway, he's only competing with midfielders and perhaps taggers for a spot in the team and, with Baker out, we have basically three spots for midfielders/taggers up for grabs among Birss, McQualter, Armitage, CJ, Attard, Thommo and Leigh Fisher.

It's not exactly a stellar lineup of available talent. If Thommo is fit and in reasonable form (and his form at the Scorps is apparently better than that of at least McQualter and Armitage), then he is surely in the mix for the Tigers game.

If Harvey is still out against the Tigers, then we have four spots available for this group.

I find "thommo love", as you put it, much easier to understand than the cult of "7 touches a game" Attard that dominates this forum.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote: I find "thommo love", as you put it, much easier to understand than the cult of "7 touches a game" Attard that dominates this forum.
or the Brooks love fest for that matter !!

Saints94
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
meher baba wrote: I find "thommo love", as you put it, much easier to understand than the cult of "7 touches a game" Attard that dominates this forum.
or the Brooks love fest for that matter !!
lol :lol:

killa_gram
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
Sobraz wrote:Surely you could not bring Thompson into the side when we hit the finals running... He is surely never to play again, he is so far past it and should not have gone on this year, simple as that... His games this year in the 1's have been feeble, and bordering on embarressing for a player of his reputation... Its time for everyone on here, and Thompson himself to move on..

You mustn't have been watching the same games as me this year. Sure, Thommo wasn't at his best in most of his performances this year (although I have a recollection of him going ok against someone: the Bulldogs?), but "embarrassing" is a big call.

I don't agree about Thommo not being in our "best 32". Anyway, he's only competing with midfielders and perhaps taggers for a spot in the team and, with Baker out, we have basically three spots for midfielders/taggers up for grabs among Birss, McQualter, Armitage, CJ, Attard, Thommo and Leigh Fisher.

It's not exactly a stellar lineup of available talent. If Thommo is fit and in reasonable form (and his form at the Scorps is apparently better than that of at least McQualter and Armitage), then he is surely in the mix for the Tigers game.

If Harvey is still out against the Tigers, then we have four spots available for this group.

I find "thommo love", as you put it, much easier to understand than the cult of "7 touches a game" Attard that dominates this forum.
Good points. Actually if you comapre the amount of ground time to possies Thommo gets in his games this year he brains them. Would rack up over 20 a game if he had the same amount of ground time as say Fiora.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

thommo ws relegated to the scorpions to gain some form.

from the reports he's been getting 30 odd possessions and one game of 47...

I realise he is carrying an injury or coming back from an injury, but what more can he do?

if his form is good enough then play him, if its not good enough then dont

as for brooks, who loves him? all folks are saying is he is mentioned for weeks as being in good form in teh magoos must be contention for a ruck spot.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Sobraz
SS Life Member

Regarding thommo, i just feel its time to move on, and let the players Meher Baba mentioned above have a real crack at it... He aint going to offer anything more..

Now as for Brookes love, I was there for a while, and would love to still have Brookes love.. Seems like he's similar to a real attractive girl with bad breath; nice to look at, but when its time to get close, it aint worth it..

Fiora, as Killa mentioned before, has been given a real shot this year, but to his credit, i feel he has taken his chance and has come along in leaps and bounds. His last month of footy has been outstanding, and will hopefully only get better...

Hopefully he keeps it up tonight...

Saints94
SS Life Member

he should retire at the end of the season and give his services to the casey scorps

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

ok sobraz fairer response than the thomo 'so far past it comment'.

if he is in the best 22 play him.

as for age, why not drop clarke and give van rheenan or brooks a go if its an age thing.

clarke is a real worry IMO.

Rix tries hard, and frankly I think is marginally ahead of clarke but its like choosing between a red painted carbon rod and a black painted carbon rod.

SHUT UP KRIME!