Watts-- and for something differant- nothing on Baker here

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Watts-- and for something differant- nothing on Baker here

http://saints.com.au/Season2007/News/Ne ... wsId=49608

Watts he have to do?
2:01 PM Thu 23 August, 2007 | Back

By Ben Broad

for saints.com.au

News
ALL SAINTS forward Fergus Watts wants is a chance to show the football world just what he can do................

good luck Fergus- I remember chatting to him as he was resuming after the first 6 weeks out with the break over twelve months ago-great guy

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints94
SS Life Member

i hope he plays he can really stretch the weagles defence :D

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Lets just get him fully fit with a good pre-season for 2008.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Watts will not play, he is slow and there are too many ahead of him at the moment. Going in with Roo, G, Kosi and Watts would be a mistake in the modern game.

We would be exposed as our defensive pressure would be minimal when the ball hits the deck.

I'm not sure what the future holds for Fergus, his casey form seems to be solid but it means stuff all if he cant do it at AFL level, this is why i think RL is hesitant to play him.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Saints94
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:Watts will not play, he is slow and there are too many ahead of him at the moment. Going in with Roo, G, Kosi and Watts would be a mistake in the modern game.

We would be exposed as our defensive pressure would be minimal when the ball hits the deck.

I'm not sure what the future holds for Fergus, his casey form seems to be solid but it means stuff all if he cant do it at AFL level, this is why i think RL is hesitant to play him.
well he kicked 7 goals in the V.F.L thats good enough for me :D

RooandKosi
Club Player

Im sorry but Watts is NO gehrig or Reiwoldt will never be a GREAT player might sneak in 40 or 50 games while we wait for a real decent full forward in 3 to 4 years!

Saints94
SS Life Member

RooandKosi wrote:Im sorry but Watts is NO gehrig or Reiwoldt will never be a GREAT player might sneak in 40 or 50 games while we wait for a real decent full forward in 3 to 4 years!
well at least then he can get a game with us :wink:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i also spoke to fergus when he came to perth for the dockers game
he was joking round saying he might have to get at a few of the forwards with a crow bar or somthing and i said "or maybe you could have a go at defence " to his reply "i dont think ive ever played as a defender (and had a chuckle) not that im playing much as a forward !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints94
SS Life Member

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i also spoke to fergus when he came to perth for the dockers game
he was joking round saying he might have to get at a few of the forwards with a crow bar or somthing and i said "or maybe you could have a go at defence " to his reply "i dont think ive ever played as a defender (and had a chuckle) not that im playing much as a forward !
well what ever player he turns out to be i hope he will be a loyal one :wink:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

let us gather up all our players 22 and under who haven't had a 50 games and shoot them...because we dont believe in developing players :roll:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:let us gather up all our players 22 and under who haven't had a 50 games and shoot them...because we dont believe in developing players :roll:
or what lets shoot every player over 27 cause they are too old ?
Ferg has to earn his spot like every player in the history of the game has done
no poing in change for the sake of change

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

ummm

those saying watts won't be a player may want to rethink their statements in a couple of season.

watts in my opinion will be a gun full forward...but i wouldn't know as much as you guys thats for sure.
apart from the fact that i have watched him develop and play for quite some time now :roll: :twisted:

#1 Ryder fan
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

watts is an unknown force he could be the next gehrig or he could be brook's version II
i hope for his sake he can get a chance next year but if hes not up to it hes not up to it

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:let us gather up all our players 22 and under who haven't had a 50 games and shoot them...because we dont believe in developing players :roll:
or what lets shoot every player over 27 cause they are too old ?
Ferg has to earn his spot like every player in the history of the game has done
no poing in change for the sake of change
concur

however the voices were saying the same about monty, goose, heck even when kosi was blitzing they were saying reiwoldt who? and can we trade him for a something soon when he was out injured that first year...

really not every player is a superstar or even an adequate player, some are crap, but the attitude by some to shoot everyone under 22 is ridiculous.

if we listened to those who reckon players who haven't hit their straps by 21/22 we wouldn't have monty, andy thompson, nathan burke, sam fisher, Jason Gram, and a host of other players who were 'late bloomers'.

and every says how wonderful McIntosh is, well he was kicking around for 4 seasons or so doing nothing before this year.

watts maybe a superstar, an average player or a dud, but to write him off at his age is a bit daft.

folks are begging for players with height without realising that most 'talls' take longer to develop.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!