M.Voss all Australian Side

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LTN16
SS Hall of Fame

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:I didn't name any dockers.
Not even Pavlich ??

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I reckon he's quite right not to name any sainters, been a pretty miserable year, sinmilar to Geelong's 2006. Let's hope we have their 2007 next year (only don't f**k it up)

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Matty Scarlett (Competing with Glass for FB) , Dustin Fletcher (About equal with Chips), C. Cornes (Will be AA, but maybe not in defence), J Bowden (No chance), Heath Shaw (Not ahead of Chips), Andrew Macleod (Will probably be AA), Luke Hodge (Little chance), Malceski (not ahead of Chips), and Campbell Brown (No chance), Jarrad Waite (No chance), Jed Adcock (Maybe bench), Firrito (No chance), Milburn (Maybe), Egan (Maybe).
Chips should be AA. Has had an awsome season, but doesn't get much media attention. If he was a high draft pick, had famous parents or had a massive impact in his first year then he would be held in much higher regard. But he was a no-name fringe player recruited with a late pick from the SANFL, who just gradually improved in a side which already had many big names.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Dal Santo, Fisher and Riewoldt are all good enough and have had good enough seasons to make it, but they're not the only ones. Dal Santo probably will get pushed out by less effective midfielders with more disposals. Fisher has impressive stats, but where do you name him? He's played CHB, FB and as a loose tall in defence. Is he more worthy than somebody who played the same role every week? Roo's got less goals than Brown or Pavlich. Does he deserve CHF ahead of them, or do you put him somewhere where he didn't play?

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't have anyone in the team. It's really just a matter of who impresses the selectors.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

homework wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote: Again, not to say either Fisher hasn't had a great season, or that any of these players should/shouldn't go in front of him, but he's certainly not a lock for a spot.
his disposal of the footy hasnt been the best :(
Fisher's? Fisher's disposal is pretty good. He generally hits a target, and generally takes a good option, be it contested or otherwise. Without the numbers in front of me, I believe his eff. is in the low 80s.

He's not freakish ala Goddard regularly hitting running targets 50-60m away (Goddard's eff. over 7 games was something like 88%), but it's certainly good enough that coupled with his ability to command the football from teammates and take it from the opposition that i think it's safe to say he's taken the next step from rebound player to playmaker.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

LTN16 wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:I didn't name any dockers.
Not even Pavlich ??
I was naming defenders only. I'm willing to go out on a limb and predict Matty Pavlich will not be named as a starting back on the AA team. :)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Who would I put in before Sam Fisher? For a start, if he was fit, Brendan Goddard.

Saints94
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:Who would I put in before Sam Fisher? For a start, if he was fit, Brendan Goddard.
how would you know he could have had a shyte year :?: