Conditions of entry to Morabbin Oval

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bono
Club Player

Conditions of entry to Morabbin Oval

I went to the grond the otherday to see if they were training and noticed a big sign stuck to the bottom of the grandstand just where you walk in off Linton St and up under the grandstand to the terrace.

It basically read that you can be kicked off the pemises at any time and that you are not alowed to use any recording devices (video / camera).

What a wank.

When clubs have had times, they turn to the supporters. The supportes who cant take photos at training or sometimes cant even wach training. If it was David Beckham I might understand but it isnt. Why put supportes off going to the ground to see the players trian? Grant Thomas was big on having supporters involved all the time, now it has goine the complete opposite way.
Very disappointing.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Big thread on this earlier in the year ... about June as I recall.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

IIRC it has something to do with the AFL 'cracking down' on illegal videos/photos.

The Club is just being forced into this by Dimwit and Monkeyboy

I have been a couple of times to training over the lsat month and nobody seems to be enforcing this.

Saints94
SS Life Member

since i live in the country is that bad or good :?:

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

just ignore...rules are made to be broken

dimwit's not going to have heavy's standing at every gate at 16 grounds 5 days a week looking out for lowlife taking a couple of photo's

brewski
Club Player

I hope this is in AFL initiative and not a directive from the club because if we alienate our own supporters it will be to the peril of the club.

I have heard though that there are very few teams in the comp with this rule which makes me wonder?

Someone from the inside should tell us if this is an internal or league rule

If its a league thing then there shouldnt be a problem with taking a few shots as Saint management should be there to run a club not police stupid rules of big brother.

I am a full member but live interstate and only get back to Melbourne infrequently and rely and enjoy any pics etc. posted on this forum.

Banned by the censors
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

We've had this whinge session already. :roll:

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Can someone post a photo of the sign?

The Peanut
Club Player

I could be wrong - but as there has been no other official announcements on their website I would suggest that have put the sign up to cover themselves in case they want security to remove someone. Especially on days of closed training sessions. There is generally 20 odd cameras flashing around on a general training session including the media and no-one has ever appeared phased at all. The general training sessions were on the same day as the press conference (Tuesdays) at Moorabbin, but at the pointy end of the season some of them will be closed, if not all of them.