Matty Ferguson...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintDal
Club Player

I saw Fergs play a preseason game this year and he did some very good things which impressed me as it was the first time I've ever seen him play. He was probably in our top five for the that game. It's a shame he got injured early because he would've been very handy when we were struggling for numbers.

He is obviously pushing for selection as he is an emergency more often than not but considering the position he plays there has not been a lot of oppurtunity. With Max out he might be a good inclusion.

Saints94
SS Life Member

saintDal wrote:I saw Fergs play a preseason game this year and he did some very good things which impressed me as it was the first time I've ever seen him play. He was probably in our top five for the that game. It's a shame he got injured early because he would've been very handy when we were struggling for numbers.

He is obviously pushing for selection as he is an emergency more often than not but considering the position he plays there has not been a lot of oppurtunity. With Max out he might be a good inclusion.
wouldnt that be against lions at cazaly stadium when it was poring down rain?

saintDal
Club Player

homework wrote:
saintDal wrote:I saw Fergs play a preseason game this year and he did some very good things which impressed me as it was the first time I've ever seen him play. He was probably in our top five for the that game. It's a shame he got injured early because he would've been very handy when we were struggling for numbers.

Yeah that might have been it.

Saints94
SS Life Member

saintDal wrote:
homework wrote:

Yeah that might have been it.
sweet then lets just hope he has a game like that against the eagles

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Ahh St Fid (i dont want to quote that massive paragraph but this in in reply to your post on page 1.)

Raph and Mini are pointless in this discussion I miss your point or lack of. Logically stats are important, but they don't always determine your possition. e.g Campbell Brown on Roo, or Leo Barry playing FB.

Ferg when first came to the club had big wraps on him (though as a marking forward). What worrys me is his lack of actaully managing a spot on our 22. When you think his 'great' form in the VFL would hold him in good sted. I mean we have be RAVAGED by injuries in our backline, yet he still can't get a game.

I mean it looks very pretty being an emergency 10 times and what not, but will he ever get a game?. Im stuck between to thoughts, Id love to be proven so very very wrong and him to play and become a good solid player, though at the same time I think having someone on the list for 5 years for 8 games is a bit frustrating. How long do they get before its ok for me to call for their head without fealing the ulmighty wrath of st fid?.

I do understand others take longer to develop. Also if ferg gets a game he will still need time in AFL to find his feet. Though I dont think he has done or is doing enough. He seems to be outputting his best and thats getting him no where so far.(in the context of our best 22 and playing list.)

Carpe Diem