Matty Ferguson...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Matty Ferguson...

If he plays, would he be the perfect match up for Le Cras? Tallish, quick and good overhead?

The Saints are coming!
SaintWal
Club Player

Definitely, have been talking him up for months.

The fact that he is a reserve in my Dream team has had nothing to do with it.

midas_touch
Club Player

Attard will play on him imo.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Sobraz
SS Life Member

L. Fisher would be my first choice on Le Cras.. Would bring Attard in in Bake's is rubbed out, and use him through the midfield...

Alternatively, with Kerr out for sure and marbe no Cousins and Judd, we may not tag at all, and just try to dominate all stoppages..

Ferg maybe for Max.. I'd prefer Gwilt.

BallBanger
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:L. Fisher would be my first choice on Le Cras.. Would bring Attard in in Bake's is rubbed out, and use him through the midfield...

Alternatively, with Kerr out for sure and marbe no Cousins and Judd, we may not tag at all, and just try to dominate all stoppages..

Why would you prefer Gwilt? Gwilt continually failed, at least give Ferguson a chance.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Gwilts performance down back earlier in the year is quite possibly the most overated set of games any individual has played

he was consistently caught behind and unable to spoil.

it was only because the Fisher brotehrs, Gram and every other player in the vicinity dropped back to play 2-3 on 1 footy that Gwilt's opponents didn't do a lot better

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

BallBanger wrote:
Sobraz wrote:L. Fisher would be my first choice on Le Cras.. Would bring Attard in in Bake's is rubbed out, and use him through the midfield...

Why would you prefer Gwilt? Gwilt continually failed, at least give Ferguson a chance.
Much prefer Ferg over Gwitl - at least Ferg doesnt appear like a startled rabbitt in headlights under pressure and has the composure.

“Yeah….nah””
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I think Ferguson should be delisted. The reason being he has been on the list long enough and can't manage games. I'd rather have a developing kid(a new one) on the list, than Feguson who's been here for a while and they simple arn't giving a game.

Carpe Diem
ben_fff
Club Player

Saint Corin wrote:I think Ferguson should be delisted. The reason being he has been on the list long enough and can't manage games. I'd rather have a developing kid(a new one) on the list, than Feguson who's been here for a while and they simple arn't giving a game.
I find this frustrating as well, I thought he showed a bit in the pre season games but still hasn't been given a shot in the side over guys like Gwilt and Raph who for some reason gets automatic selection when judged fully fit.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Saint Corin wrote:I think Ferguson should be delisted. The reason being he has been on the list long enough and can't manage games. I'd rather have a developing kid(a new one) on the list, than Feguson who's been here for a while and they simple arn't giving a game.
been on our list long enough???

He was delisted then re drafted???

He has had some serious injuries during his "been on the list long enough"

So we should delist him after delisting him and he has been an emergency for about 10 rounds.... :roll:

Yeah righto....

Lets delist Raff Clarke and his bro, gee they have had injuries year after year....

Lets delist Fergs because he has had no games and has been an emergency on about 10 occasions ?????

Lets delist him at the age of 23....with little or no pre seasons...

does the word moron ring a bell :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

have you ever heard of debate and opinions st.fid..

you never contribute anything positive an bitch and moan aout everybody elses opinion.

barks makes more sense than you :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

fonz_#15 wrote:have you ever heard of debate and opinions st.fid..

you never contribute anything positive an bitch and moan aout everybody elses opinion.

Ahhh Fonzy right on que thanks mate. St Fid your attacks are pointless here. Im here to talk some footy not throw insults around.

Ferg been on the list for 5 years is it? for something like 8 games. 10 emergency's for 0 games. Super stats there. Little or no pre-seasons out of how many, well all the more reason.

Nah don't worry we can keep the Clarke's for a little bit longer :wink:

Carpe Diem
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ferguson and talk of delisting him are silly.

Watch him Friday IF he plays and see for yourself.

This guy has what it takes to make it - another Sam Fisher for mine...very steady and capable of playing forward or back.

“Yeah….nah””
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

haha

"I NEVER contribute anything positive"???

and the mention of delisting Fergs is positive??? :roll:

Here is another one...

I would rather see McQualter go than Fergs......

but I hope they are both retained...

Mini has done stuff all this year IMO and Fergs has been far better then him at VFL level..

Fergs plays tall and small...

Mini is just too small IMO

So Saint Corin "Im here to talk some footy"....

Fergs = 187cm

Mini = 179cm

Raphael = 188cm and would never be considered for CHB

Leigh Fisher is 184cm and would never be considered for CHB

Again Fergs is just 23 and can play tall or small (much like Max) and you want to delist him, with minimum pre season and being one of the best players in the VFL on many occasions and being an emergency countless
times...

I have a question to you....

Have you ever seen Fergs play???

Lets talk??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Unfortunately injured his hamstring at the wrong time this year. Missed the pre-season game against the pies, and I remember hearing he was 3-4 weeks away then. Came back slowly and I believe had further injury niggles. It's a shame as he was going really well preseason. Hopefully he can take this opportunity and turn some heads.

Saints94
SS Life Member

perfect match-up for lecras who is in the best form of his carrer this is the game he needs to prove to st.kilda football club that hes finnaly ready to blossom :D

Saints94
SS Life Member

St Fidelius wrote:

haha

"I NEVER contribute anything positive"???

and the mention of delisting Fergs is positive??? :roll:

Here is another one...

I would rather see McQualter go than Fergs......

but I hope they are both retained...

Mini has done stuff all this year IMO and Fergs has been far better then him at VFL level..

Fergs plays tall and small...

Mini is just too small IMO

So Saint Corin "Im here to talk some footy"....

Fergs = 187cm

Mini = 179cm

Raphael = 188cm and would never be considered for CHB

Leigh Fisher is 184cm and would never be considered for CHB

Again Fergs is just 23 and can play tall or small (much like Max) and you want to delist him, with minimum pre season and being one of the best players in the VFL on many occasions and being an emergency countless
times...

I have a question to you....

Have you ever seen Fergs play???

Lets talk??
he played his best game in st.kilda colours against brisbane in the preseason, in the wet he got about 22 disposals playing CHB

Bono
Club Player

Ferguson will play this week. If anyone doesnt believe me I am quite happy to have a bet with them and take their money.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

I hope Fergie plays and kicks some serious booty.

The kid deserves a break.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

If you remember back about 3 seasons ago we were minus our FB & CHB, both injured, and we played Sam Fisher at FB and Ferg at CHB. He acquitted himself well in each game he played. They both did. Leigh Fisher had not played a game at that stage. Since then the two Fishers have played heaps of games, and Ferg very few. In my opinion I would delist L. Fisher before him. He is a better player.

Saints94
SS Life Member

borderbarry wrote:If you remember back about 3 seasons ago we were minus our FB & CHB, both injured, and we played Sam Fisher at FB and Ferg at CHB. He acquitted himself well in each game he played. They both did. Leigh Fisher had not played a game at that stage. Since then the two Fishers have played heaps of games, and Ferg very few. In my opinion I would delist L. Fisher before him. He is a better player.
L.fisher had a steller year last year ferguson on the other hand has struggled and because .L.Fisher has struggled this year best to go with fergo and drop leroy sadly :cry:

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Bono wrote:Ferguson will play this week. If anyone doesnt believe me I am quite happy to have a bet with them and take their money.
has he ever played for us? I'm not sure I can recall him being in the team. I feel awful asking this, but it doesn't ring a bell.... round 8 maybe?

Saints94
SS Life Member

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
Bono wrote:Ferguson will play this week. If anyone doesnt believe me I am quite happy to have a bet with them and take their money.
has he ever played for us? I'm not sure I can recall him being in the team. I feel awful asking this, but it doesn't ring a bell.... round 8 maybe?
nah howard armitage swenney all debuted then

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

homework wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
cheers.... Maybe he was emergency... I know one of our emergencies didn't play because they too were injured so we brought in someone who wasn't even on the list.

Saints94
SS Life Member

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
homework wrote:
OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
cheers.... Maybe he was emergency... I know one of our emergencies didn't play because they too were injured so we brought in someone who wasn't even on the list.
hes been a emg a lot this year