Just play Baker anyway...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Just play Baker anyway...

Not too sure on the ramifications of this, but an appeal and possible further action may take considerable time to come through. Every man and his dog knows that this verdict is the most insipid, baseless, thoughtless, spineless decision in the history of the AFL (seems to be regularly the case under Demetriou), so why not take a stand in the mean time, and name Baker tomorow, before the appeal, and irrespective of the result, play him anyway...

I know a fine would be first on the agenda, and then the AFL would really try to flex their insipid muscles, but it should just be ignored due to downright stupidity. Will they take 4 points from us again?!!

I may be incorrect, but did a similar situation occur in 1996 with Andrew Dunkly? playing the GF after he had been suspended.. No surprise that it was Sydney, and they probably got off scott-free... Clarification of this event would be appreciated..

So I say, win or loose the appeal, bakes lines up this weekend and sprints then stops to his hearts content... and eye gouges, groin punches and becomes an addict if necassary too...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I believe the Swans went to Court and got a 'stay' (or something similar) so he was legally allowed to play.

Once we lose the appeal tomorrow night there is nothing to stop us also going to court and getting a 'stay' pending a 'legal hearing'.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

That Dunkley case was probably the biggest farce ever to come from the AFL tribunal.
And that's saying something.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Luke Ball#14

wouldnt we get a fine

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

"Play him anyway"

So..we lose the 4 points, the case, and in all likelihood another huge fine..

Be angry and annoyed people, but lets maintain a semblance of common sense

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I believe the Swans went to Court and got a 'stay' (or something similar) so he was legally allowed to play.

Once we lose the appeal tomorrow night there is nothing to stop us also going to court and getting a 'stay' pending a 'legal hearing'.
The pricks I think have said the appeal is that last avenue you can use.

The only thing we can do after appeal is to basically fight the laws of our game and make it into a huge s*** fight.

We know if we take that action our draw will be totally rooted for 2008, you can put money on that one!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Mr X from the West
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I believe the Swans went to Court and got a 'stay' (or something similar) so he was legally allowed to play.

The only thing we can do after appeal is to basically fight the laws of our game and make it into a huge s*** fight.

We know if we take that action our draw will be totally rooted for 2008, you can put money on that one!
Youn don't have to fight the "laws of the game" - we could appeal to the Supreme Court arguing that Baker was denied natural justice.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

We would lose the 4 points (if we win) and be fined...

Another silly idea really.

They walk amongst us...

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

Maybe it's time to have that fight?

Taking it from the AFL hasn't seemed to help us much - we have been and continue to be mistreated by them at every opportunity so maybe we should try the opposite tack?