Whelan and Ball...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Whelan and Ball...

So the scenario that the tribunal believe is the similar to the Ball and Whelan collision from rd1. yet it is more than 15 metres from the play.
www.afl.com - http://afc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/4417/Default.aspx?newsId=40453 wrote:* Contact between Melbourne's Matthew Whelan and St Kilda's Luke Ball. It was the view of the panel that Whelan ran eight-to-10 metres from in front of Ball. Just before contact was made, Whelan turned his body to shepherd his teammate, resulting in contact between his back and Ball's chest. The momentum of the contact resulted in an accidental head clash. Under the tribunal guidelines, this was an accidental head clash.
So what's the difference, except that it was further than 15m from the play?

Does an accident that is legal in play automatically become reportable if it occurs behind the play? Any precedents?

AFAIC the above is a precendent, that an accidental head clash resulting from a sheppard was deemed OK by the AFL.

An accident is an accident whether its behind play or not IMO.

My kids have been asking to go to the circus lately, I might take them up to AFL HQ, they won't know the difference.

Saints94
SS Life Member

what are u going to do so be it :?:

Leo.J
SS Life Member

homework wrote:what are u going to do so be it :?:
huh?

Leo.J
SS Life Member

Sorry Mods delete this thread I did not see the other 1 discussing similar issues.