A Tribunal review...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

Dan Warna wrote: your implication is that justice is a goal of the AFL?

the AFL is about revenue and markets, it hasn't been about justice for sometime.
Sorry to disagree here Dan, but didn't the AFL overturn the result of a drawn game and award it to Freo, despite no such precedent, and in direct contravention of their own rules (a game ends when the umpire hears the siren and signals the end of the game)?

Their reasoning and justification as I recall was to ensure that "natural justice" was seen to be the outcome!

Bit like being equal really, it's just that some teams are more equal than others!

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:Yipper - surely our Counsel should have stated what you stated in his submissions?

Who is the turkey who represents us? We seem to have real trouble with getting half decent counsel.
Phillip Priest QC.

Was only retained by the Saints earlier this year, and has only represented us in one case (the Baker one earlier in the year).

Has an outstanding record as a criminal silk, and is regarded as one of the better criminal and tribunal defence barristers in Victoria.

Has had nothing to do with the club's previous record at the tribunal.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Mr X from the West
Club Player

OWTS - didn't mean to cast dispersions, I'm sure Mr Priest is a fine barrister; must be difficult for anyone appearing with a wig in the kangaroo court that masquerades as the AFL tribunal.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
GRAMophone
Club Player

Can anyone enlighten me?? Do the three past players making up the tribunal acutally have adequate backgrounds/analytical skills to get their heads around the intricacies of a complex case like this. Are they really qualified to do this type of stuff? Is there some sort of legal expertise at all in the tribunal composition??

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED