Memo Rupert Murdoch: We want a new Super League

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Memo Rupert Murdoch: We want a new Super League

Time for a breakaway league methinks.

Nothing like some healthy competition.

For too long Anderson and his cronies have had a monopoly on a top-tier Australian Rules football competition in this country.

The laws of the game are set for the AFL and every other comp in the country, right down to junior level, just blindly follows suit. They are simply treated as breeding grounds and feeders for Anderson's corporate empire.

And what do they give back? Sweet f*** all. Amateur clubs around the country hold chook raffles to build new clubrooms, meanwhile Anderson sips a glass of Krug in his new Armani suit.

Like many here I support St Kilda and the institution of football. Those who run the game at the highest level, I have utter contempt for.

Form a rebel league, anyone who want to join can join. I'm sure Footscray and the Kangas would be more than happy. We can even admit Fitzroy and South Melbourne teams.

Sell the TV rights to Foxtel. Inject some capital into the venture, poach a few top tier players from the AFL.

Just farkin do SOMETHING.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra