Line in the sand

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

brewski
Club Player

Line in the sand

We need to draw a line in the sand on the Bakes case and fight it with all the legal might that we can through the highest courts in the land.
Time to pull out the cheque book RB and get the best legal team assembled and tackle the AFL head on and get Bakes off this bulls*** charge.
The one thing i have always been critical of us doing is rolling over and taking it in the ass just because the league might have given us a few concessions in the past, we have always been a whipping boy!
Time to stick fat and fight, i don't care if there are ramifications for upsetting dimwit and co. i would hold my head high if we make a stand now and let the filth loving league know we wont put up with this s*** anymore.
i was not at the game myself as away with business but a friend of mine confirmed what dozens of people had said on SEN that there was a bit of niggle between the two and bakes was running and farmer was at him and Bakes stopped and moved back and the dog ran into the back of him end of story, no video either, cant understand how there could be any intent there, as for Farmer he is a lying scum bag dog who should be ashamed of himself.
If Rod doesn't want to fund a legal challenge then maybe all the members could chuck in $5 x 30000 or so members would raise a bit of coin and i sure as hell wouldn't mind
Lets FIGHT this guys and girls don't let the Afl rip us off anymore.
BTW as i have been away can someone let me know if Michael Voss had anything to do with this result?

Fortius Quo Fidelius

F**k the afl and Fremantle cheats!
:evil: :evil:

Banned by the censors
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

hard to not agree with all of that- my sentiments also.

“Yeah….nah””
Brewer
Club Player

Re: Line in the sand

brewski wrote:BTW as i have been away can someone let me know if Michael Voss had anything to do with this result?
Technically no, apparently his evidence wasn't heard (not surprising really when it was quite obvious he never saw the incident and was talking out of his rectum).

HOWEVER, just bear in mind that had Baker been cleared, then there would have been some serious questions asked of Vossy why he would make comments implying that he had seen Baker behaving badly. Another court case against him (this time for defamation) might not suit the AFL, so the question 'did Voss have anything to do with this result' may not be as simple as it seems.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: Line in the sand

Brewer wrote:
brewski wrote:BTW as i have been away can someone let me know if Michael Voss had anything to do with this result?
Technically no, apparently his evidence wasn't heard (not surprising really when it was quite obvious he never saw the incident and was talking out of his rectum).

HOWEVER, just bear in mind that had Baker been cleared, then there would have been some serious questions asked of Vossy why he would make comments implying that he had seen Baker behaving badly. Another court case against him (this time for defamation) might not suit the AFL, so the question 'did Voss have anything to do with this result' may not be as simple as it seems.
Whilst Voss didn't appear as a witness in the case, had he not made those comments on Saturday during the telecast I'd be wondering how much less media this case would've got over the weekend???

This is a case of trial by media.

Baker was hung, drawn and quartered by early Sunday.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.