Hypothetical assault case on the street....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Hypothetical assault case on the street....

Ok, imagine this - you are in a park and there is someone nearby going for a run who is giving you a very nasty look.

You believe there may be trouble brewing and decide to run up at an angle and stop in front of him......the person cannons into the back of you and is bowled over, lights out for a few seconds etc etc....

Would this person be able to charge YOU with assault and would it hold up in court of law??

Is this scenario really that different to the Baker case?

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Re: Hypothetical assault case on the street....

saintspremiers wrote:Ok, imagine this - you are in a park and there is someone nearby going for a run who is giving you a very nasty look.

You believe there may be trouble brewing and decide to run up at an angle and stop in front of him......the person cannons into the back of you and is bowled over, lights out for a few seconds etc etc....

Would this person be able to charge YOU with assault and would it hold up in court of law??

Is this scenario really that different to the Baker case?
If I was going for a run in the park and you ran up to me at an angle, stopped in front of me and turned around, I'd ram my knee into your sphincter so hard that you would be shitting through a colostomy bag for a year.

But that's just me

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra