Come back Brian Collis all is forgiven

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Come back Brian Collis all is forgiven

(And I don't mean the oddball and infrequent poster who uses that name!!)

It was hard to believe that the AFL could ever have come up with a worse tribunal system than the old one.

But, since at least the Barry Hall decision in 2005, we've all known that they did.

They just keep rewriting the rule book as they go along.

How can players be cited for any incident that the umpires didn't see and which wasn't captured on video?

And how can such an unreliable bunch of witnesses as M Voss (who could be accused of bias either in terms of how a suspension might help the Lions, or by the fact that his brother plays for the Saints), Ricky Nixon (probably represents both Farmer and Baker, and all the umps, and all the members of the tribunal as well), and the Freo trainer!!!

Those who think it's a conspiracy against the Saints are dead wrong. It's a conspiracy against any sort of common sense. The decisions are made with reference to all sorts of things that shouldn't enter into the equation: the profile of the accused player, the bleating of the media, the interests of sponsors and broadcasters, the plan to invade and conquer NSW and Queensland, etc., etc.

What a total embarrassment. Why do I bother following a sport with a Keystone Cops administration? :roll: :roll: :roll:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Totally agree (for once!)

The previous tribunal system was inherently flawed in a number of aspects, and received widespread criticism.

The AFL justly reviewed it and formulated the new system, which the football public were assured would work better "given time".

Instead it has been a step backwards.

The verdicts are inconsistent - I mean, how could Roe get 1 week for his hit and Johnson get 8 weeks?

The system upon which decisions are made appears flawed, and often the cases appear media-driven (whether they are or not is irrelevant).

With such a lack of continuity and a process that is utterly devoid of common sense, the AFL Tribunal system completely lacks credibility.

Regardless of the Baker decision, the AFL need to review this area of it's administration.

The man who started it walked away (Peter Schwab).

I don't blame him.

Why stay with something that is disgracefully inconsistent, lacks an adequate judicial process and produces wildly different verdicts for seemingly similar incidents?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.