ok, can we go to court?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

ok, can we go to court?

This is unbelievable, regardless of what happened, how the hell can baker be suspended based on no evidence and that dero farmer saying he remembers nothing yesterday, and today changing his story?

I tell ya, im mighty pissed off.

St.Kilda admin, STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING! dO NOT JUST LIE DOWN AND TAKE THIS REAMING FROIM THE AFL!

My god, on the ground, off the ground, what the hell has our great game come to?

JeffDunne

We won't do anything. We're spineless when it comes to challenging the (W)AFL.

Our excuse will be that it's important to be seen as a good corporate citizen. i.e. if we take it up the arse we will be rewarded.

We can't provide decent off field support for our players and this will be further evidence of it.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

JeffDunne wrote:We won't do anything. We're spineless when it comes to challenging the (W)AFL.

Our excuse will be that it's important to be seen as a good corporate citizen. i.e. if we take it up the arse we will be rewarded.

We can't provide decent off field support for our players and this will be further evidence of it.
Well thats just not f****** good enough!!! Something has to give somewhere, its not, by a long way, the first time this has happened to us.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

FFS. We have copped enough of this ridiculous corruption and being on the receiving end of enough bloody mind-blowingly ludicrous decisions to stand up and fight.

It's time we draw a line in the sand, collectively as a club, and challenge these biased, nonchalant and oblivious pricks who run "our" game. It's time we stand together as a club, in a massive call to arms, and fight this as far as legally possible. There is no evidence whatsoever to find Baker guilty. Even if the case was investigated on hearsay, surely the evidence of a neutral observer, Ricky Nixon, a respected man in AFL circles, with interests on both teams should be taken above that of a Fremantle trainer who's vision of the incident was obscured.

Every time the AFL want to set a precedent, they make it AGAINST us, and then never enforce the precedent in future cases. It's complete and utter bull***t. I am so worked up about this now if you can't already tell. If the club doesn't take any action, it's time we stand up as supporters and FORCE the club to take this to the courts, where Bakes will get a FAIR trial, and the complete lack of any substantial evidence will mean he is NOT GUILTY. FFS.

rant over.

P.S. i am taking all this rage with me to the dome on Friday night. In a big way...

The Saints are coming!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think we need to be able to prove that the AFL broke its own rules. Does it have any? or do they make them up on the run? !!

JeffDunne

No it's not, but what have we done about it?

Like most other things, absolutely nothing.

milney044
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:FFS. We have copped enough of this ridiculous corruption and being on the receiving end of enough bloody mind-blowingly ludicrous decisions to stand up and fight.

It's time we draw a line in the sand, collectively as a club, and challenge these biased, nonchalant and oblivious pricks who run "our" game. It's time we stand together as a club, in a massive call to arms, and fight this as far as legally possible. There is no evidence whatsoever to find Baker guilty. Even if the case was investigated on hearsay, surely the evidence of a neutral observer, Ricky Nixon, a respected man in AFL circles, with interests on both teams should be taken above that of a Fremantle trainer who's vision of the incident was obscured.

Every time the AFL want to set a precedent, they make it AGAINST us, and then never enforce the precedent in future cases. It's complete and utter bull***t. I am so worked up about this now if you can't already tell. If the club doesn't take any action, it's time we stand up as supporters and FORCE the club to take this to the courts, where Bakes will get a FAIR trial, and the complete lack of any substantial evidence will mean he is NOT GUILTY. FFS.

rant over.

P.S. i am taking all this rage with me to the dome on Friday night. In a big way...
RIGHT BEHIND YOU. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS BS. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU BE CHARGED ON WHAT SOMEONE WHOSE OPINION WOULD BE BIASED ANYWAY HAS TO SAY, THERE IS NO EVIDENCE, WHAT HAPPENED TO INNOCENT TIL PROVEN GUILTY?? TAKE IT TO COURT SAINTS, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

yes i am shouting, im bloody angry.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I think the problem we will face about going to court is similar to the one that we faced with the Sirengate affair.

The AFL administration is a total mess ATM and natural justice gets denied to clubs (and not just us) on a daily basis. Any club that decided to take the AFL to court on one of these ludicrous decisions would bring the whole house of cards crashing to the ground.

But that club could also expect to cop a lot of flak - and even become ostracised - from most of the other clubs and possibly the media as well.
Once the lawyers and courts get involved, everyone's a loser. There are many things in the AFL that are legally dodgy: the draft, the salary cap, the various monopoly media and marketing deals, the Telsta Dome contracts, the draw, etc, etc. But allowing the legal system to start telling us all how the game should be run could actually make things a whole lot worse.

St Kilda is not a strong enough club to bear the flak: we have to leave this sort of thing to the Collingwoods and Essendons. That's why we didn't challenge sirengate (we'd have won for sure according to the lawyers I know), nor are we likely to challenge this one.

But we should certainly give the AFL's own appeal process a go.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Bullshyt take this to the cleaners...how can we be shafted any worse...

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH :evil: :evil: :evil:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'm sure that even this administration - clumsy and weird as they are - would not be so stupid as to not invoke legal action immediately.

We should have done it with the siren affair - and we should definitely do it again this time.

Ironically, we'd have made top four had the draw been upheld.

Quite simply, we can't get trampled on again and the club needs to do the right thing by its members.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:I'm sure that even this administration - clumsy and weird as they are - would not be so stupid as to not invoke legal action immediately.

We should have done it with the siren affair - and we should definitely do it again this time.

Quite simply, we can't get trampled on again and the club needs to do the right thing by its members.

Yep, spill em if we dont,. its THAT serious.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

iwantmeseats wrote:
evertonfc wrote:I'm sure that even this administration - clumsy and weird as they are - would not be so stupid as to not invoke legal action immediately.

Yep, spill em if we dont,. its THAT serious.
Yup - I have been posting this for two days.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

The (W)AFL have handed down this decision because if they didn't they'd be highlighting their incompetence.

After all that has happened in football is recent years it is staggering to think that any incident could escape video footage.

The (W)AFL had two choices :

- pander to public outrage over a concussed & bloodied player and have down a conviction (regardless of the evidence)

or

- become the target of public outrage for doing nothing and not having any footage.

They chose the first option because we are a soft target.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:The (W)AFL have handed down this decision because if they didn't they'd be highlighting their incompetence.

After all that has happened in football is recent years it is staggering to think that any incident could escape video footage.

The (W)AFL had two choices :

- pander to public outrage over a concussed & bloodied player and have down a conviction (regardless of the evidence)

or

- become the target of public outrage for doing nothing and not having any footage.

They chose the first option because we are a soft target.
Have to agree with that.

They already know well take it.

“Yeah….nah””
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

We're taking this to court, the high court, the supreme court, THE SUPER SUPREME COURT OF THE GODS.

JUSTICE WILL BE DONE.