Interstate vs Interstate

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Interstate vs Interstate

Maybe someone can jog my memory.. if two interstate teams play each other and a player from each team gets reported for punching each other, do they both get off automatically on a technicality?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Interstate vs Interstate

spert wrote:Maybe someone can jog my memory.. if two interstate teams play each other and a player from each team gets reported for punching each other, do they both get off automatically on a technicality?
Freo have the most suspensions for the year but of course the AFL is picking on the Saints.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

So are you saying the Club are ok about Bakes being cited Plugger? Are they confident of justice being seen to be done like it always is in games against Freo?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:So are you saying the Club are ok about Bakes being cited Plugger? Are they confident of justice being seen to be done like it always is in games against Freo?
I honestly think he must be towing some sort of party line tonight.

You can't trust the AFL as far as you'd like to kick them on this or virtually any other matter regarding our club.

We even recruited an ex-Sydney person as our coach and it seems not to have helped.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
snoopygirl wrote:So are you saying the Club are ok about Bakes being cited Plugger? Are they confident of justice being seen to be done like it always is in games against Freo?
I honestly think he must be towing some sort of party line tonight.

You can't trust the AFL as far as you'd like to kick them on this or virtually any other matter regarding our club.

We even recruited an ex-Sydney person as our coach and it seems not to have helped.
What party line. I am a supporter of the club sitting at home reading saintsational. I just dont understand why people think the Saints get the worst decision in a game at the tribunal our fixture and so on. If you think I have anyting to do with the club or the AFL you are dead set wrong.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Maybe someone can jog my memory.. if two interstate teams play each other and a player from each team gets reported for punching each other, do they both get off automatically on a technicality?
well, didn't both Selwood and Headland get off at the tribunial, when for one to be found not guilty, it would mean the other had to be guilty?

but they found a way for both of them to be found not guilty, with the decisions completely contradicting eachother

so i thihnk thats a close example

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Richter
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Freo have the most suspensions for the year but of course the AFL is picking on the Saints.
.....because they're a dirty team.

Some of us get peeved because it is deemed ok for two of our best players (Ball and Kosi) get knocked out and miss many many games for the season with genuinely serious injuries, despite the AFL's suppsoedly tough stance on head-high contact there was not a smidgeon of interest from the AFL.

Whilst other players - Judd, Cousins, Hall, Brown seem to get an easy ride. Justice really needs to be blind, and many of us can see that there the AFL is skewed. So be it, but unless we stand up and scream about it, it will never be skewed in our direction.

Sorry, but for me it's St Kilda first, Australian Rules Football second. Not the other way around.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i argee with you plugger a few ppl on here do like to cry foul over everything that happens to the club and feel the AFL has something against us and yes freo have had more players suspended then us but i think the thing that gives us all an uneasy feeling is our history of getting the raw end of the deal. a simple soloution would be not get reported the the Trybunal would have no impact on our players but i think it just go's to prove a lack of confidence in the Trybunals running where they seem to just make it up as they go .
i dont buy into conspirisy about the afl wanting to punnish any team but i do have my feelings the AFL do have a preferance o some teams success for in the AFL's eyes the betterment for the comp.

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
yipper
SS Life Member

I appreciate you're point of view Plugger - and I too, hope a conspiracy doesn't exist. However, I have very little confidence in the way the AFL Tribunal has been operating over the past few years. And I have a very uneasy feeling about tonight. Despite there being NO video evidence, NO impartial witnesses and NO other incriminating evidence of any kind other than the word of a trainer associated with the aggrieved club, despite all this - I believe he will be rubbed out. Do you have complete faith and confidence in the system Plugger??

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.