Reverse The Roles

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Reverse The Roles

Ok, now i'm fully aware i'm going to get shot down here but i goota have my say.

I love bakes and he is our number 1 tagger and farmer is an annoying forward pocket who i loved seeing get flattened

but people who are going off saying how can Baker be charged how would u feel if there number 1 Tagger josh carr flattened lets say our annoying forward pocket milney off the ball wouldn't we want justice footage or no footage.

I love bakes and we really need him this week but just coz there's no footage doesn't mean he's not guilty.

I hope he's cleared but if not he did bring it on himself.

shoot me down now folks.
Last edited by LENNY LEADS THE WAY on Mon 20 Aug 2007 9:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

I reckon we'd be pretty pissed off that he got away with it...

BUT...

If there is no vision and no witness with corroborating evidence what could happen?

I actually think we'd just accept that the AFL would do nothing about it.

It would hardly be the first time other clubs have played whack-a-saint and got away with it!

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

If ya didn't know what happened it would be the same deal.

Although being carr he is no doubt guilty and should get ten weeks.

Come to think of it, carr was close by at the time, and he hates that dirty little weed farmer....

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
chook23
Saintsational Legend

No problems here

If he did.............and THERE IS EVIDENCE..............which survives

vigourous debate

We would also be screaming if it was one of ours

saint4life
BakesFan
SS Life Member

LLTW, we've been on the end of the role reversal too many times and have NEVER received Justice.
One incident that springs to mind is Lenny Hayes (in Brownlow form!) being slung into the 'Gabba fence and breaking his wrist.
NO CHARGE ANSWERED BY ANY BRION'S PLAYER. (Full video footage was available)

Don't talk to me about role reversal. We've been 'bent over' too many times.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Oh well just to throw caution to the wind, Blake Caracella ends up NOT playing again because of Tim Notting's crude tackle.

Oh and by the way, Ben Johnson got a fair and just penalty before u flame me.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Oh well just to throw caution to the wind, Blake Caracella ends up NOT playing again because of Tim Notting's crude tackle.

JPB, to be fair we aren't jumping down about what he is getting, just the fact that there is no case full stop, no footage, no witnesses, no charge.....

agreed that if one of our players did do what johnson did, throw the book at him

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
BakesFan
SS Life Member

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:Oh well just to throw caution to the wind, Blake Caracella ends up NOT playing again because of Tim Notting's crude tackle.

what exactly are you trying to say, JPBFC?
Bakes is definitely guilty?
You saw the incident that resulted in Farmer leaving the field?
Please enlighten us; because you'd be the only person on the planet who could state categorically, exactly what happened.

Mate; you may have an 'opinion'.. but unless you can substantiate it with FACTS; STFU!!!!!!!!!

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Noooooooooooooo not at all re: Baker. No evidence, end of story as far as I am concerned. Funny thing is I make one comment and all of a sudden u think I am out to hang Baker. If he got caught fair and square then let justice take its course but nothing seen nothing ventured as far as Im concerned.

Door shut.....

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

JPBFC and the "Fremantle official" apparently.

:roll:

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Wasn't having a crack at u either JPBFC - just rolling my eyes at the Freo official...

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Oh and Bakes take a chill pill and grab a seat first ok before attacking my post. Where did I say or infer Baker should be cited? Or this thread or any thread? I think not.

And FWIW I cant stand Farmer, he did a number on one of our players a few years back too. :evil:

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

All good Ice....long time no speak to anyways. Hope u r keeping well.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Fair enough, my apologies..... and I agree; if Bakes had King-Hit someone behind play then he should be done for it.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Nah all good Bakes Im a filth fan and expect it when I post here :wink: No need for apologies either. Cheers!

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Nah, you're a good sport; JPBFC...... and I'm usually nothing but positive and welcoming to all and sundry.
This incident has gotten way, way under my skin as I feel Baker has been judged by the media (and not only this time).
I can't see how he can expect a fair hearing at the tribunal.

Brewer
Club Player

Re: Reverse The Roles

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:I hope he's cleared but if not he did bring it on himself.
That really sounds like you believe he is guilty. What about the distinct possibility that he WILL NOT be cleared and that HE DID NOT do anything to 'bring it on himself'?

The issue here is what happens when the evidence is inconclusive?

If you can only guess at what happened, is it better to punish an innocent man or let a guilty one walk free?

'Reasonable doubt' is an essential element in law, but the AFL seems to have a different take on it sometimes, especially when the Saints are involved.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Reverse the roles you say.

OK I'll have a go

1) Lenny thrown into the fence and breaks his arm - Demetriou comes out on radio and says Scott apologised so there is no charge

2)Riewoldt throat punched by Scarlett - there is video evidence but Geelonfs own Brian Collis lets Scarlett get away with it.

3) Riewoldt - breaks his collarbone and as he is in the hands of the trainer is deliberately bumped in the broken shoulder by two Brisbane players - no case to answer

4) Kosi - gets a fractured skull from a player jumping into him and clashing heads - no case to answer

5) Luke Ball gets his face smashed in by Whelan - no case to answer

Now look at the BS suspensions the Saints have had.

1) Baker - suspended for attempting to get Alessio off his ankle - get three weeks for it (reduced to one). Alessio - no case to answer

2) Gehrig - gets aweek for a tummy tap. Same week Kerr punches Mitchell. not once but twice in the balls and gets off

3) Baker gets 2 weeks for "attempting" to jumper punch. We see every week players connecting but not put in front of the tribunal.

Add to that the fix of the game against Freo - admitted to by Umpire Dick Head. Four independant witness including reporter Tony Jones. Anderson tries to sweep it under the carpet, but has to "investigate", then sweeps it under the carpet.

Is the cheating umpire who has admitted to corruption sanctioned? is he sacked? No he is still umpiring.

The umpires end a game apparently. Not so if the AFL decided to change the rules. By doing so we miss out on a top four position in 2006 and a shot at the flag.

And you wonder why i have had a gutfull of the disgraceful corrupt cheats at the AFL, and our spineless gutless pitiful arselicking board who wont defend our club or the name or integrity of our players.

Mark my words. This is the final straw. If the club does not take this all the way, if they bend over for the megalomaniacs at the AFL, if Baker gets as much as a reprimand from the AFl and the dont take this to court, they can just go and get farked.

I have given thousands of $ to this club and I'll be farked if I will be party to my club getting up the kyber. Haven't these monkeys any pride? Any integrity?

I have defended this board and Butters in the past. They better repay that faith this time or they are just gone in my book.

Every single farken year we get rogered and I have had enough of it.

So there you have it. How did I go?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Quality post Joffaboy...quality post...

Agree 100%. Sick & tired of being screwed over by the Fascists running our game who only have their interests in mind when making decisision.

The Saints are coming!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep, go back further, ablett was suspended for one of his hits on burke and grant allowing him to play in the GF if they made, it, because they thought he shouldn't be suspended for both to deprive the game of a champion.

anyone who didn't think buckley lined up thompson for the clothesline put your hand up now?

JB not getting reported for his fist flying a couple of seasons ago, because he was just a kid.

cough cough barry hall on maguire.

the only time I've ever seen harvey retaliate...buddha lining him up suspended for 1 week, cleared on appeal. 356 games lined up maybe 500 times, and only once retaliated in that glorious career, harvey knew he was lined up.

etc etc

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
goodie
Club Player

LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:I love bakes and we really need him this week but just coz there's no footage doesn't mean he's not guilty.
Just because he's Baker doesn't mean he is guilty.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems to me that Farmer's concussion was caused by an awkward landing on the hard Phone Dome surface than Baker losing his temper and clocking him on the nose.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

goodie wrote:
LENNY LEADS THE WAY wrote:I love bakes and we really need him this week but just coz there's no footage doesn't mean he's not guilty.
Just because he's Baker doesn't mean he is guilty.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems to me that Farmer's concussion was caused by an awkward landing on the hard Phone Dome surface than Baker losing his temper and clocking him on the nose.
Exactly, no one actually saw Baker hit farmer so everyone can just Shut the hell up! I hate how he is hung drawn and quartered.... yeah, its likely he did hit him but that doesn't mean he actually did.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

I am with you Joffa, enough is enough. We have to fight this all the way, just like Eddie would down at filthland. We seem to be on the end of a hell of a lot of dodgy calls over the last few years, which I put down to a personal fued between G.T and Demetriou. In my opinion we dont winge enough.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

I asked last night, how do you hit someone from behind in the nose ><

its bollux.

its not a king hit.

if he did punch him, it was a fair dinkum snot to the face and if anyone has evidence that he did that, I'd say good on yeah bakes, cop 3 weeks.

but everyone is coming up with king hit, sniping etc.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Spot on Joffaboy! We even breath funny at a player and we're dragged over hot coals! If Baker goes on heresay it'll be the biggest farce the league has ever seen! No video evidence doesn't mean he's automatically guilty. An investigation is fine, but to charge him with an offense is laying blame IMO!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!