Milne not nominated for GOTW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Milne not nominated for GOTW

Davis and Lloyd I can understand but how they didn't put Milney in annd did Lovett's shitty goal.... its bulls***. St.KIlda screwed once again by the AFL.... :evil:

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

that is fkn b*llsh*t

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Because it was obviously an accidental goal perhaps?

That's how it appeared - unless Milney has perfected the reverse floater flat punt fader. I which case their may be a case to include it.

carn_sainter
Club Player

Johnathon Brown kicked Goal of the Week, if not year after the siren

Milne's wasn't anything special really...lots and lots of luck

GOTY always goes to a gimmick anyway so he probably was ripped off

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

carn_sainter wrote:Johnathon Brown kicked Goal of the Week, if not year after the siren
Absolutely - I can't remember which show discussed it on Sunday morning (offsiders?) but they were correct when they said that the speccy athletic "impossible" goal was now a weekly occurence when the skills of modern footballers are on show.

Those clutch booming kicks under pressure were still the domain of the chosen few.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:Because it was obviously an accidental goal perhaps?

That's how it appeared - unless Milney has perfected the reverse floater flat punt fader. I which case their may be a case to include it.
In this instance was attempting the team thing and was kicking to the top of the square.....

did not hit it right for that but then floated and swung at the last sec

saint4life
Mr X from the West
Club Player

Milney admitted on "After the game" that he wasn't attempting a shot on goal, but was trying to square it.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:Because it was obviously an accidental goal perhaps?

and fevs goal against us didnt get a lucky bounce did it?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Come on guys - admit it, it was an accident.

Just like Jeff Farmer getting his snozzle spread across his face was an accident.

Geez plenty of accidents at those footballers workplace. Mabye the AFl should call in Workcover to investigate.

Mabye Farmer could go on compo.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

the goal was good and a fluke, but not worthy of GOTY, nothing that special.

Carpe Diem
saintm
Club Player

cowboy18 wrote:
carn_sainter wrote:Johnathon Brown kicked Goal of the Week, if not year after the siren
Absolutely - I can't remember which show discussed it on Sunday morning (offsiders?) but they were correct when they said that the speccy athletic "impossible" goal was now a weekly occurence when the skills of modern footballers are on show.

Those clutch booming kicks under pressure were still the domain of the chosen few.
Do you listen to the "Sunday Inquisition" on ABC Radio or is Gerard Whateley on the television show as well because he was very adamant yesterday that J Brown's goal should be right up there but probably wouldn't be because it wasn't "flashy".