My theory on Baker and Farmer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

My theory on Baker and Farmer

I, like everyone else who has been speculating, did not see what happened.

I have, however seen Bakes do a nice little trick a couple of times. (Notably against WC this year vs Kerr)

What he does is he runs around about 30cm in front of a player at good speed. He then stops completely and braces his body and the player behind him can't help but run straight into him, particularly if he's looking at the ball.

Considering their respective heights, it's not inconceivable that Farmer's face would have gone smack bang into the back of Bakes' concrete head, which would do a bit of damage.

Yeah, it's Bakes' fault if the bloke gets hurt but you can't really call it striking or charging for that matter.

Thoughts?

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Sounds conceivable. Ive also seen him do this as a blocking tactic at ball ups around the ground. Only thing is, the ball was nowhere near them this time...

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

its farmer
the bloke hits women in his spare time
he finally met someone his own size and sex and came off second best !

the freo scum can cry foul til the cows come home we got the 4 points and no afl bullshite is gunna take em off us this time !!!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:its farmer
the bloke hits women in his spare time
he finally met someone his own size and sex and came off second best !

the freo scum can cry foul til the cows come home we got the 4 points and no afl bullshite is gunna take em off us this time !!!

Can we lay off the "woman beater" slurrs for f**** sake......

....Sorry st_Trav....but this is just the one that broke the camels back.....

And if the above is correct...it is still reportable....its illegal shepherding more than 5 meters from the contest....

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the bloke belted his missus it was proven why lay off it like everyone lays off on milney for a crime he was found to have nothing to answer for ?!?!
farmer is the lowest form of person and he deserves everything he gets !

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the bloke belted his missus it was proven why lay off it like everyone lays off on milney for a crime he was found to have nothing to answer for ?!?!

People make mistakes....

The bloke is obviously going through problems....Why not just take the incident for what its worth.....

Farmer had a collision behind play....Lay off the s*** about his past.....it dosnt need to be brought up.

The Peanut
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:the bloke belted his missus it was proven why lay off it like everyone lays off on milney for a crime he was found to have nothing to answer for ?!?!
:?: :?: :?:

Sorry St Trav but Farmers personal life has nothing to do with the incident (if there was one).

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:

People make mistakes....

The bloke is obviously going through problems....Why not just take the incident for what its worth.....

Farmer had a collision behind play....Lay off the s*** about his past.....it dosnt need to be brought up.
I agree: didn't the missus subsequently forgive him and they got back together. There are lots of AFL players - past and present - who have done things off the field of which they should be thoroughly ashamed.
It's always midlly interesting when it first comes up, but do we need to keep hearing about it forever?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Lay off the s*** about his past.....it dosnt need to be brought up.

I dont disagree with you, but...
Werent you one of the people who swore they would abuse Cousins for past indiscretions and would have no problem with it?

Am i missing something here?

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

So...I take it you all agree with my theory, then?

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
Spinner wrote:Lay off the s*** about his past.....it dosnt need to be brought up.

Werent you one of the people who swore they would abuse Cousins for past indiscretions and would have no problem with it?

What?

Where are you pulling that one out of????
Last edited by Spinner on Mon 20 Aug 2007 1:15pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Peanut
Club Player

B W and R all over wrote:So...I take it you all agree with my theory, then?
. . . sounds like the most feasable theory that I have heard so far . . . considering all that has been said by GT, RL and V1.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

actually if he stopped, shouldn't it be a push in the back against farmer :D

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
n1ck wrote:

What?

If im wrong i apologise. I thought you were one of the posters who said they would abuse Cousins when we play the Eagles.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

The Peanut wrote:
:?: :?: :?:

Sorry St Trav but Farmers personal life has nothing to do with the incident (if there was one).
point taken
and i agree with you on that
but as for me laying off on him belting his mrs heck no its a low act and he is a dog for doing it but if it annoys ppl on here for the sake of peace ill not make mention of it again

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:actually if he stopped, shouldn't it be a push in the back against farmer :D

Well in "theory" yes....But in reality its Baker making the contact....

How does the points system go....

It would be intentional that he made contact...But negligent that he made contact to the head.....

What are the catorgories peoples....they have slipped my mind.....I think the above is doubling up...

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: My theory on Baker and Farmer

B W and R all over wrote:I, like everyone else who has been speculating, did not see what happened.

I have, however seen Bakes do a nice little trick a couple of times. (Notably against WC this year vs Kerr)

What he does is he runs around about 30cm in front of a player at good speed. He then stops completely and braces his body and the player behind him can't help but run straight into him, particularly if he's looking at the ball.

Considering their respective heights, it's not inconceivable that Farmer's face would have gone smack bang into the back of Bakes' concrete head, which would do a bit of damage.

Yeah, it's Bakes' fault if the bloke gets hurt but you can't really call it striking or charging for that matter.

Thoughts?
This is very similar to what Grant Thomas said hapened when talking about the incident on SEN this morning. GT said it was a clash of heads. He also said that Bakes has a decent bump on his head from the incident. If this version of events is found to be true Bakes has NOTHING to answer. Yes, Bakes was probably around at GT's joint at some time over the weekend, and it had NOTHING to do with football :wink: !!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
Spinner wrote:
n1ck wrote:

What?

If im wrong i apologise. I thought you were one of the posters who said they would abuse Cousins when we play the Eagles.
I will be booing Cousins...

It can be argued that there is a direct link betweek taking drugs ----> cousins' body -----> and the body he uses to play football....

BUT - I cant remeber whether I was one that publicly state that I would abuse Cousins...And if I was how would you remeber me out of everyone else.....

I just found it odd that 'someone' could actually remember whether a particular poster had a particular viewpoint that would have occured months ago within the flood of an entire forum of opinions....

So are you wrong? I cant answer that question. I for one dont know - and im the one that apparently said it......

BUT n1ck - Its all good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was just sick and tired of the constant "woman basher" remarks flying around left right and centre.....I dont know the bloke, like nearly everyone on here. Yeh he seems like a prick on the field but is that who is really is? I mean, posters were calling him a petrol sniffer for petes sake. Farmer is the victim here (assuming Baker is responsible)

Farmer is the bloke that left the field concused, bleeding and sore.....Give him a break.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Re: My theory on Baker and Farmer

Eastern wrote:
B W and R all over wrote:I, like everyone else who has been speculating, did not see what happened.

Thoughts?
This is very similar to what Grant Thomas said hapened when talking about the incident on SEN this morning. GT said it was a clash of heads. He also said that Bakes has a decent bump on his head from the incident. If this version of events is found to be true Bakes has NOTHING to answer. Yes, Bakes was probably around at GT's joint at some time over the weekend, and it had NOTHING to do with football :wink: !!
sounds all very plausible.

But we are talking the AFL and in the same breath CORRUPTION.

So it would not surprise me if Bill Kneebones or whatever he is called "finds" the incident reportable.

The media have already hung Bakes, as they need a story of the week given the coaching saga is a bit like old news now....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

even if he gets off this week, would be interesting to see how he is umpired next week ><

also interesting how ben johnson is off the front pages.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

The Peanut wrote:
B W and R all over wrote:So...I take it you all agree with my theory, then?
. . . sounds like the most feasable theory that I have heard so far . . . considering all that has been said by GT, RL and V1.
Correct me if I'm wrong but did bigcarl and myself not mention this on Saturday night in this thread? : http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... c&start=50

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra