who is a member of the cheer squad??

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

who is a member of the cheer squad??

if so...why is that terrible 'goal, goal, goal woooooooo' chant still around??

its embarressing for all not involved even opposition supporters

noone wants to hear it and it makes us sounds like an absolute joke

if anyone on here is from the cheer squad please stop singing it - thats what it is...it doesnt do anything

even typing this maks me cringe

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

If I were a saints player, it wouldn't be particularly inspiring to me.

Cheersquad review committee at the end of the year, please.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

doolz is the ambassador for the cheersquad, speak to him.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

concur! They wont stop it though. Damn cheer squad is full of kids these days, you can hear it in those god awful chants. I have bought it up before and all I get is "but the kids love it" blah blah blah.

Only chance is if you disband the thing and get more adults in it! No other cheersquad in the leaguesounds like a bunch of pre teens!! And on top of that is the disgracefulo chants themselves!! oh lord.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

No argument from me that it's great for the kids. I would have thought the cheersquad should strive to be motivation and encouragement for the players, first and foremost.

When you have players coming out and saying that the banners "say silly things" then there's issues.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

yeh.....come on dooley pm me or something

this is a concerned fan from brisbane here

i go down a few times a year and i dont even want to go near the cheer squad as it sounds awful

and you would think i would want to emerse myself in the 'culture' during my few times down there yeah???

ah god get rid of it

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:No argument from me that it's great for the kids. I would have thought the cheersquad should strive to be motivation and encouragement for the players, first and foremost.

When you have players coming out and saying that the banners "say silly things" then there's issues.
that is just a youngen not thinking about what he is saying...no big deal

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i've said it before, and i'll say it again

our cheersquad is a joke

all u have to do is look at the banner they did for Roo's 100th game....

pathetic

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

what did it say dud???

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

it had a (extremely dodgy) picture of, wait for it, Bart Simpson on it, with a crappy line consisting of "cool dude" or "hey man" or something Bart would say, can't remember exactly, don't really want to...

totally disrespectful for a champion and future long term captain of our club

i recall that whoever we were playing had a milestone game aswell, and their banner was awesome, with a great pic of whoevers milestone it was on the banner

it was an embarrassment to our club

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

must admit that wooooo! chant is probably the most embarrasing thing iv ever heard!

our squads had some shockers over the last few years...i still feel sick when i remember listening to the "we want another one, just like the other one. we want another one, just like the other one."
not only do the words sound shocking but the vocal range that chant hits makes it sound like a bad american football/basketball cheerleader song...all we need to do is get the cheersquad members all wearing tight skirts and having pom poms attached to their hands and they will fit right in with the americans

midas_touch
Club Player

Nails down a blackboard > "we want another one, just like the other one. we want another one, just like the other one woooo wooo woooo woooo."

The sooner that 'chant' gets phased out, the better. It is terrible to say the least.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

who could i talk to - obviously not in this forum - about this???

its terrible and i cant get it out of my head as to how poor and childish

seriously the kids that sing it would get beaten up every monday morning at school

midas_touch
Club Player

PM Dooley, he's in the cheer squad.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Guys..the subject of this chant..and the Cheer Squad in general, has been done to death on here..

Dools and troys_gal are CS members..take it up with them and lets not start ANOTHER "bash the CS" thread eh??

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
gosaintsgo
Club Player

concur! They wont stop it though. Damn cheer squad is full of kids these days, you can hear it in those god awful chants. I have bought it up before and all I get is "but the kids love it" blah blah blah.

Only chance is if you disband the thing and get more adults in it! No other cheersquad in the leaguesounds like a bunch of pre teens!! And on top of that is the disgracefulo chants themselves!! oh lord.
There are actually probably alot more much older people in the cheer squad than young ones. This year the cheer squad seemed to attract a few more young ones into which I think is terrific for the longevity of the squad.

If you can think of some new chants by all means pass them on to any of the cheer squad.

At least sitting in the cheer squad we don't have to put up with bad language and drunk idiots, it's a great place to sit if you do have kids.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

SaintBot wrote:...all we need to do is get the cheersquad members all wearing tight skirts
Have you had a close look at the cheer squad?
I'm not sure many of them could pull this off.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

B W and R all over wrote:
SaintBot wrote:...all we need to do is get the cheersquad members all wearing tight skirts
Have you had a close look at the cheer squad?
I'm not sure many of them could pull this off.
could be a sight worth paying for!

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

pm me if you seriously cant put up with the chants and i will pass on every word.

the woooooooo chant is for the kids, when we kick a goal they wait for the chant to start! they love it and if you dont, go have a cry!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

there you go guys the ambassador has spoken...
and doolz i think the OP was "having a cry" since they started a thread on the issue.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:pm me if you seriously cant put up with the chants and i will pass on every word.

the woooooooo chant is for the kids, when we kick a goal they wait for the chant to start! they love it and if you dont, go have a cry!
no offence but being told to go and have a cry just sums it up really

Brewer
Club Player

Someone posted this a week or two back - what are the odds of the cheersquad having a look at it?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
gosaintsgo
Club Player

Someone posted this a week or two back - what are the odds of the cheersquad having a look at it?

I'm in the cheer squad and I have had a look at it. Not sure if many of you realise that there are only about 150 of us. We dont have the entire area behind the goals.

I am a 38 year single mum and am very proud to say I take my 2 daughters to all the games, in the last 2 years my kids have been to 39 games.

Many of the members do an amazing amount of work before and after games. at the family days etc. and it's all voluntary. ( I would love to be able to help these guys but live too far away)

Many travel to all the games and at their own expense all in support of the team.

It's funny how because we have had a good win this week the team can't be bagged so another target was found instead.

Having a shot at the way they look makes me laugh too, this coming from people hiding behind computer screens.

Leave Doolz alone, he is a great kid.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

gosaintsgo wrote:
Leave Doolz alone, he is a great kid.
whilst I agree with most of the anti-cheersquad sentiment on here, I concur re Doolz - he comes across very well on here considering the abuse he cops!

Brewer
Club Player

I think it is low for anyone to insult volunteers who put genuine effort into something. I'm just happy to see people who love the team being so public about it.

There is definitely a bit of a 'gap' though, between the cheer squad and the regular fans. It would be great to fire up the crowd a bit more by occasionally starting something they can join with - I'm sure the CS do a great job of letting the players know they are loved but there isn't much for the rest of us to work with.

Maybe we need to get Mike Brady to help us out with some new chants that don't seem so, well, lame, for guys to sing...

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.