banner sayings rd 21 *entries close tuesday night*

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

loving_the_dal
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:
saintdooley wrote:nothing about the afl or baker because it has nothing to do with this game
if we do there is a high chance the club will have to empty their pockets to the club once again!
but whoever wants to pay the $5000 or $10,000 fine or what ever it is, come to banner making, give us the money then we will put it up for you! :wink:
hand it around to the fans.
$1 from every member is well worth it to get this message accross.
i'll pay $2 hehe.
but seriously we need to say something..
geez..

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Our blokes might start questioning their on-field actions after all of this crap! I think the message should be as follows:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
congorozides
Club Player

rexy wrote:To violence against women
Steven Baker says "no"

.............or howabout..............

its only been 9 weeks
since Harveys great day
thats roughly two sleeps
the Ben Cousins way
that is darn funny!

Rooy_coin
Club Player

the saints are here
it's time to fear
this is the start
of our finals year

or

were at the dome
its time to fly
saints can win
all we need to do is try

or

st kilda time to shine
g-train and rooy
will run shivers
down your spine
Last edited by Rooy_coin on Wed 22 Aug 2007 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

CARN THE SAINTERS!!!
Winmarvellous
Club Player

Kerr's got a boo boo
On one of his fingers
But our thoughts on Bakes
At the tribunal lingers

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

It seems the bias is here to stay
Baker gets 7 weeks
but Cousins gets a holiday

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

SaintWal wrote:Strength Through Loyalty
Solidarity in Adversity
Triumph despite persecution
St.Kilda the Brave
We have a winner!!!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:If there is not something about baker on the banner this week, the cheersquad is as spineless as they come I thinkk.
make your own banner!
hang it off the 3rd level!
we cant do it because we get a fine and its against the rules!
you can, but all that will happen is with in 10 mins security will ask to have it taken down!
for all you people who think the cs is gutless if we dont mention in the banner about the AFL and Baker, we would seriously like to see you guys make a banner for once, then we will see who are the gutless ones!
if you guys realised how much effort is put into the banners each week, you wouldnt be bagging us!

i dont think i have ever seen a post about the CS doing a good job, or anything like that. its always "why does the CS still have the wooooo chant" "why are the CS chants so bad" "why were the numbers in the CS last night so poor?"
what would really make our week is "why do the CS always make the best banners out of the 16 clubs?" "good work CS, you are there every game every year and take the chants wherever you go"

as mum always says to me... "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all!"

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Dools, I started a thread a few weeks back praising you all on how much noise you had made in one particular game & had quite a few people agree. Sorry if you missed it.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dools i commented on the great work you guys who came down for the WCE game this year
mate its always gunna be the same no matter what you do someone is gunna think the CS is lame or are doing a poor job
just remember that you guys do an important job for the club and anyone bagging u guys for giving up your time and effort has no right to bagg you unless they are prepered to do a better job

im telling ya if i was in melb i would be part of the CS !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

i am in the cheer squad, have been for about 12 years... but yes, we need to get rid of the woo chant. On topic though, yeh we can't put anything anti-AFL on the banner. It's been that way since the 70's when my old man was cheer squad president, because i asked him what would happened if we put a banner of something questioning Ackland's commitment and lack of loyalty for the carlton game.

Some banners are good. I liked Fraser's 250th one with the train and nine carriages.

Too lazy to update my username
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Dools, I started a thread a few weeks back praising you all on how much noise you had made in one particular game & had quite a few people agree. Sorry if you missed it.
very sorry snoops, i must of missed that! thanks anyways!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Saints-06-Premiers wrote:i am in the cheer squad, have been for about 12 years... but yes, we need to get rid of the woo chant. On topic though, yeh we can't put anything anti-AFL on the banner. It's been that way since the 70's when my old man was cheer squad president, because i asked him what would happened if we put a banner of something questioning Ackland's commitment and lack of loyalty for the carlton game.

Some banners are good. I liked Fraser's 250th one with the train and nine carriages.
heres a question could the club organise for the CS to be all wearing the same colours ??
maybe even the MW could get the same colour shirts so the saints fans stand out more ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Anyone seen i think it was Arsenal's last game at Highbury or it might have been Liverpool where each bay of supporters wore red in one bay and white in the next and all the way around the ground. It won't work here because we don't segregate crowds.

Too lazy to update my username