Mad Props on 5 excellent performances Saturday

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Mad Props on 5 excellent performances Saturday

5/ Matty Clarke - When they announced Kosi was out, I expected it would mean trouble. Without Sandilands at the taps, Freo had no answer to Clarke, who was able to give our mids an advantage all game long.

4/ Raphael Clarke - I wouldn't be the only one who thought it meant big trouble when Max limped from the ground. Looking forward, it probably still does, however Raph did an excellent job filling in, taking grabs, and the accuracy of his kicking should not be discounted either.

3/ Xavier Clarke - IMO, for the last 3 weeks, he's looked a couple of lucky breaks away from hiting some serious form. He works hard to get the ball, he works hard with the ball, his knack for running himself into trouble, and innacuracy in front of goal undo that good work. On Saturday, X used his speed through the ground as we've often wished he would - even if he still leaves me thinking he could do more.

2/ Aaron Fiora - Great game. Set up a couple of goals when the game was on the line. Took grabs whenever he had the chance. Best game I've seen him play.

1/ The woman sitting behind me at the game - one of those folks who comes to te game for a whinge, and never shuts up. Started the game bagging all the players, and the coach... by mid 2nd term, had moved on the the umpires, who were "clearly cheats". When the Saints were taking charge in the 3rd, with seemingly nothing left to complain about, this woman stepped up with some of the finest complaining I've ever heard - the ball itself was against us, only going out of bounds when it would benefit Fremantle! That's an impressive effort IMO, to stick to her guns under trying circumstances. Good work annoying woman!

(The above is not to take any credit from G, Roo, Hayes, Dal or Sammy Fisher who all played well, but IMO the above were what gave the usual suspects the room to do their things in a game where we lost Kosi, Max, Harvey and apparently Ball played very limited time)

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
AP Erebus
Club Player

In total agreement with everyone including the woman, except in my case it was a man the row in front of me... Basically the same...

I would give another prop to Brett Voss... I thought he was finished as a first team player but took some good marks, kicked goals and worked hard... Good job Vossy