Apologies to Xavier and Fraser????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Saint Corin wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:yep well the kangaroos waited 4 seasons for mcintosh to come good...

and we want to axe raphael after 2 or 3?
Big blokes take longer to develop, smaller players, runners and mids usually burst onto the scene ready to play in a year or 2.
Raph is 188cm, 6'2" in the old language. He's 21 years old (he'll be 22 next month), and was drafted #8 in 2003.

Just wonder what the expectations of those who haven't written him off as a dud already are at this point? Personally, I think he's going to be Goddard like in his progress - will generally be servicable, but his mistakes will be visible enough to make him a target until he strings a few great games together and we're all rapt to have him.

Doesn't help Raph that he's got the kind of poise where he looks like he's not even trying (usually comes from having been way too good for the junior comp)... looking like you're not trying while not getting results is a sure fire way to look like a dud.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
villasaint
Club Player

I agree the baggers should be posting about how well they played including Raph. I said last week that X was having a crack whilst others were nowhere to be seen. G had had two bad ones in a row but was pretty good for three in a row b4 that. People are so quick to bag players on one game i dont now if they really mean it or are just looking for someone to blame after a loss. those that said Raph is a dud will be proven wrong. He just needs to get fit and when he does he will prove to be a serviceable player most likely midfielder in a couple of years. I dont mind getting stuck into players but some people show some pretty poor judgement when rating players.