Apologies to Xavier and Fraser????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

RooandKosi
Club Player

Apologies to Xavier and Fraser????

A lot of so called supporters on here were calling for Frasers Retirement and for Xavier to be dropped possibly traded WHAT A JOKE!!!

Fraser is a gun full forward who can go on and possibly win 2 more coleman medals.

Xavier was almost if not BOG yesterday he set the tone for my mind.

Apologies anyone?? Hate to say I told you so but they are fantastic players and can we start to stop knocking our players when they have 1 bad game???

Throw in Blake also... he consistently plays a good game for us hard tackling and tagging yet gets no support or praise.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Re: Apologies to Xavier and Fraser????

RooandKosi wrote:A lot of so called supporters on here were calling for Frasers Retirement and for Xavier to be dropped possibly traded WHAT A JOKE!!!

Fraser is a gun full forward who can go on and possibly win 2 more coleman medals.

Apologies anyone?? Hate to say I told you so but they are fantastic players and can we start to stop knocking our players when they have 1 bad game???

Throw in Blake also... he consistently plays a good game for us hard tackling and tagging yet gets no support or praise.

X Clarke was not where near BOG yesterday.

Its a perfect example of the effect of expectation in rating a performace. Upon comparison from last week, X played a brilliant game......dont confuse this by comparing that to the game of Lenny or Gehrig.

X was great....BUT not "near BOG".

milney044
Club Player

well i'd been a fan of X all year until i was bitterly disappointed with him last week and had called for him to be dropped. quite happy for him to prove to me and others though that hes capable of playing a-grade footy, also showed character to rebound so well after such a poor game the week before. on ya x, and sorry?

as for frase, i never wanted the bloke dropped hes a gun and i'll be so disappointed if he calls it quits at the end of the year. when he's on he has to be one of the most exciting players in the game. i'm with rossy, he'd have to do something pretty damn terrible for me to want him dropped. whats the point kicking 10 goals for casey when he could be doing it for us? go fraser, and well done to the midfield, it was the centre who allowed frase to play his role and their work must be acknowledged.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
RooandKosi
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
RooandKosi wrote:A lot of so called supporters on here were calling for Frasers Retirement and for Xavier to be dropped possibly traded WHAT A JOKE!!!

Its a perfect example of the effect of expectation in rating a performace. Upon comparison from last week, X played a brilliant game......dont confuse this by comparing that to the game of Lenny or Gehrig.

I disagree he's tackling and intense pressure and kicking inside 50 in the FIRST HALF when the pressure was ON was SECOND TO NONE!!

He was rated 3rd best on the footy show!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote:
Spinner wrote:

I disagree he's tackling and intense pressure and kicking inside 50 in the FIRST HALF when the pressure was ON was SECOND TO NONE!!

He was rated 3rd best on the footy show!

Yes i know.

But his performance has definitely been heightened by his dismal effort last week. No doubt.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

no need for appologies...they are paid big money to have a crack every week
dont expect bog's every week but do expect an effort...gehrig & clarke have not given their all the past 2 weeks so why should we offer an appoligy for their lackluster performances

they know they have let not only their team mates but us mugs in the outer down & hence the more committed efforts yesterday..

no appology ....expect to see the same commitment every week

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

FRASER is too brave for his own good!

It is obvious he plays injured when he shouldn't and consequently lets himself and the team down. Yes it is brave that he fronts up but the club and he should know from previous experience that sometimes it is better to have the time out and get the injuries right!

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
midas_touch
Club Player

Both players stood up and lifted yesterday after a few dismal performances previously, gotta congratulate them over that. I'd be pretty shattered if G Train called it quits at the end of the year, he surely has at least another season left in him.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
AlpineStars
Club Player

All we want is the same Gerig to turn up every week not just when he feels like it. We all love him but we need consistancy.

Wake me up when September ends.
woooosaints
Club Player

did you hear ross's press conference last 2 weeks frasers been playing with the flu not been sleeping at night its why hes not doing alot of up the ground work etc etc he didnt even tell the club they found out hes a tough soldier

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

will still swap x clarke and r clarke for hamish mcintosh ...

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
AlpineStars
Club Player

I didn't hear that but if the guy has been playing like that it is admirable but also stupid as it could cost us dearly. Selfish to play with the Flu not sleeping and keeping it quiet from the medical staff and club.

Wake me up when September ends.
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Xavier is nearly a 100 game player, he should be playing more like this standard consistantly.

Carpe Diem
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

RooandKosi wrote: Throw in Blake also... he consistently plays a good game for us hard tackling and tagging yet gets no support or praise.
For every supporter we have who questions why Blake rolls over in tough games, we've got 20 who pump him up for playing a reasonable game.

So I don't think your concerns are all that valid - our supporters go way overboard in their praise of certain players.

And Gehrig - for the salary he earns, he should be kicking at least 3-4 every week, not playing when he wants too.

Support the team always, R&K, but don't just pump them up because they fire on the strength of one game. You have to remember the bad times and the good, and then evalutate their contributions.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep well the kangaroos waited 4 seasons for mcintosh to come good...

and we want to axe raphael after 2 or 3?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:yep well the kangaroos waited 4 seasons for mcintosh to come good...

and we want to axe raphael after 2 or 3?
Big blokes take longer to develop, smaller players, runners and mids usually burst onto the scene ready to play in a year or 2.

Carpe Diem
woooosaints
Club Player

we know blake contributes but he also contributes clangers that is what people criticize him about

The Sainter
Club Player

Gehrig and X Clarke were woeful players for us the last 2 weeks before Sat. Don't want to hear Ross say again that Fraser played unfit. If he has the flu or any other injury then don't play him. it's as simple as that. No reason why Gehrig can't play with Sat's fierce competitive spirit every match instead of looking disinterested at times.
Thought his game was as good as i have seen from him at any time and if people here didn't give him best player on this forum then they should stop playing favourites or go and have their eyes tested. Hayes was next best and it was great to see R. Clarke show some of the undoubted talent he possesses. No reason for him to go backwards now, on that effort he could become a class act for us from now on.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

gehrigs game depends on whether the delivery into the forward line is any good

kick it to him quickly one-out and he'll beat his opponet 75% of the time

Plugger would have struggled with some of the crap that Gehrigs had to work with this year....

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
The Sainter
Club Player

Plugger never would have struggled no matter how poor the delivery was to him :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Dud you are a dud.

To say Plugger would have struggled with some of the crap Fraser has to deal with just indicates you never saw Plugger play for St Kilda.
Plugger would never turn his back on the play and just wander around like a sulking lost sook.
He imposed himself on the game no matter what the delivery was like, and it was pretty crap most of the time.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Saint Bev
SS Life Member

X took a magnificant mark, last quarter I think. Should have kicked an easy goal, but didn't. X has enough experience he shouldn't be missing these shots, happens to often. Sorry, still on the fence with the brothers. Very happy to be wrong and hope I am, but one half decent game? As I say, still on the fence.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Dud you are a dud.

To say Plugger would have struggled with some of the crap Fraser has to deal with just indicates you never saw Plugger play for St Kilda.
Plugger would never turn his back on the play and just wander around like a sulking lost sook.
He imposed himself on the game no matter what the delivery was like, and it was pretty crap most of the time.
To say Plugger wouldn't have struggled with some of the crap St.Kilda has been delivering into the forward line this year indicates you have never seen St.Kilda play this year....

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

yep because FF like plugger come around so regularly ><

plugger scored tonnes with a midfield of craven, bowey, winmar as a kid, coughlan and the like.

you just popped in the air and he would pull it down.

ppl are raving that JB scored 23 goals or something in a 3 week rush, thta was a quiet month for plugger.

i think he kicked what 6? 7? centuries in his career? and that was one riddled with suspension, injury etc.

lynch was feted at brisbane and he was a 60 to 70 goal FF for much of his career there.

plugger was a very special player.

at the same time plugger was kicking his tonnes, dunstall was almost keeping up with him being fed by plattan, dermie, dipper, hall, tuck, collins and the like.

if plugger was plopped in the goal square of the hawks forward line he would have kicked eleventy billion goals.

if a player capable of pluggers feats were on the market today, he would command a salary in excess of any other player i the comp IMO.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:plugger scored tonnes with a midfield of craven, bowey, winmar as a kid, coughlan and the like.

you just popped in the air and he would pull it down.
exactly, that is my point

if only they did this week-in-week-out for Gehrig, instead of the stop-wait-stop-chip sideways-stop-wait-allow opposition to flood back-wait-kick it to the pocket with 3 against him tactic they used for half the season

look how well Gehrig did this weekend when we gave him a chnace one-out

and just to note, i'm in no way comparing Gehrig to Plugger