THE game next week...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to see Jones come back into the side also. We can cover for Sir Harvs if we have to.

As for the game this week: EVERY TRUE BLOOD SAINTER MUST ATTEND THIS ONE!! It's not negotiable! The Dome must be made as hostile as ever!!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:that is players that have dropped off a little.... R Clarke is one and another is Leigh Fisher ... Surely Fergs should get a chance to show why he was re selected

i thought r clarke showed today he is on the way to being a lot better than just a GOP and imo no way will he be dropped. l. fisher was also pretty good.

maybe fergs can come in anyway if harvs doesn't come up or baker is suspended.

i'm a fan of picking your best 22 on form and ability and then doing the match-ups ... rather than the other way around.

so despite being a different "type", ferg in for harvs or baker wouldn't particularly worry me if his form is good enough.

just means a reshuffle

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Anyne watch the Eagels game? How did they go? Any injuries?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:As for the game this week: EVERY TRUE BLOOD SAINTER MUST ATTEND THIS ONE!! It's not negotiable! The Dome must be made as hostile as ever!!
If cousins doesn't play, whats the point of going, cos i'd have no-one to boo....

;)

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
westcoastwizard
Club Player

Our boys were ok still a lot of work to do. Judd and Cousins didnt play. Judd is not 100% so didnt play Cuzzy was rested. Cousins should be a certainty next week as to with Beau Waters and Chicky. Not too sure about Judd.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Replace R. Clarke?

Won't happen ... received votes from a lot on here ... and was mentioned especially by Lyon after the game ... said he was "fantastic".

Every Clarke on the ground played well today.
Were you at the game OWTS??

most of his possessions were uncontested and a good amount of them were turnovers IMO
Yep I was there.

Wasn't as rapt in his game as many, but thought he put in a solid effort.

Seems Lyon did after the match ... not that I necessarily disagree with what you are saying, but IMO the change won't happen.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
bigcarl wrote:OUT: Hudghton
IN: Koschitzke

kosi should play forward to stretch west coast's defence like last time.

leave clarke and blake in the ruck.

they were good today and if it's not broken don't fix it

same attacking game plan as today and we should win it
Yep Clarke can really only play at the TD so yes this will be his last game IMO...

I did mention R Clarke before and have stated my reasons....

Fergs has to have a game before the end of the season IMO, otherwise why re draft him???

Fergs plays tall and small, and I believe he plays CHB for the scorps...

he can play in many roles...

We still have a few passengers in our side IMO..

that is players that have dropped off a little....

R Clarke is one and another is Leigh Fisher....

Surely Fergs should get a chance to show why he was re selected
how many games had Ferg played seriously? and u want to bring him in against west coast of all teams?

if he ever gets a game it will be against richmond

Nick_Dal_Santo = ChAmPiOn
Club Player

SaintWodonga wrote:Anyne watch the Eagels game? How did they go? Any injuries?
kerr was killing the tigers last night..

few concerns for the weagles tho. staker reported for striking and dont know if any1 else saw but kerr appeared to have hit Jackson in the back of the head with hhis forearm :wink: hopefully they get rubbed out

Liam_G
Club Player

St. Luke wrote:As for the game this week: EVERY TRUE BLOOD SAINTER MUST ATTEND THIS ONE!! It's not negotiable! The Dome must be made as hostile as ever!!
I have to work, and it is absolutely killing me :( But I still get to watch the game LIVE at work, so It isn't a complete lost cause. Just frustrating not to be at the dome. We need ALL possible sainters there on Friday night! Those WCE fans love to travel, and there are a fair few of them from Melbs too.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Liam_G wrote:
I have to work, and it is absolutely killing me :( But I still get to watch the game LIVE at work, so It isn't a complete lost cause. Just frustrating not to be at the dome. We need ALL possible sainters there on Friday night! Those WCE fans love to travel, and there are a fair few of them from Melbs too.
Its not on LIVE brother.....

RooandKosi
Club Player

Replace R.Clarke???? WHAT? ok then why dont we replace Gehrig with Brooks and maybe Milne for sweeney and hey Watts for Hayes just for fun!!

:shock:

Can Only play on TD??? um you might want to get ya hands on a little game V HAWTHORN circa 2005 where Raph was brilliant at Half Back.

awesome_days
Club Player

Out: Hughton Harvey
In: Ferguson Koschitzke

B: L Fisher Maguire R Clarke
HB: Gilbert S Fisher Gram
C: Montagna Ball Fiora
HF: Dal Santo Riewoldt Blake
F: Milne Gherig X Clarke

Foll: Koschitzke Hayes Baker

Int: Voss Ferguson M Clarke Birss

Matchups:
Maguire - Lynch
S Fisher - Hansen
Gilbert - resting ruckman
R Clarke - Staker

Montagna - Cousins
Baker - Judd
Ball - Kerr
Blake - Cox

Hunter - Riewoldt
Glass - Gherig
X Clarke - Wirrapanda

Washedup
Club Player

I think we need to cover the Eagles far superior ruck division....and hence the inclusion of Brooks.
Playing the reigning premiers, and you want to go into our biggest game of the year with Brooks. That would be a massive mistake, he isn't up to it

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

what is brooks to do? he is dominating in the reserves, he is of the same age of macintosh who has come up after 4 seasons in the reserves, if he's not selected its not his fault, he's doing everything right.

as for who else may be in doubt, hayes and ball took some hits.

as for CJ, he may have pace, but his disposal needs a lot and a lot more work from what I have seen in the seniors.

pity thompson got himself injured, by all accounts he is tearing it up in the reserves that leaves mcqualter who also has been getting good press in the reserves.

kosi if availabe is a walk up start.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Liam_G
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Liam_G wrote:
Its not on LIVE brother.....
But I work for a stats company and my job is to watch it LIVE.... brother :roll:

Washedup
Club Player

what is brooks to do? he is dominating in the reserves
Dominating, not quite the term i would use.
he is of the same age of macintosh who has come up after 4 seasons in the reserves, if he's not selected its not his fault, he's doing everything right.
McIntosh is actually 9 months younger, close to AA and a future 200 game player. Brooks on the other hand has not only wasted space on our list, he came at a very costly price. We have had one of the, if not the worst ruck divisions in the comp since Everitt left and he still has played only 8 games for our club. If you are happy with those numbers then you are EASILY pleased

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

R. Clarke is my new J. Gwilt - I know he has potential - he is just a scapegoat for bad performances and he is young and relatively inexperienced - he needs more game time and I would be happy to eat my words and be proven wrong by him - Keep him in the side, don't omit anyone, only suspensions and injuries to be replaced... I want to see Attard back, he will be valuable - was he injured or what? I don't know what happened with him? Kosi back obviously and hope the great man plays.... UNfortunately I think Bakes will go because let's face it the AFL hates us.... So bring in Attard for Bakes if he is fit and Kosi for Hudgton.... I reckon that after yesterday's game if we can't beat West Coast we don't deserve to be in the finals....and I am confident that we will win....

To the top
SS Life Member

Agree with you on Brooks, Dan Warna.

To add, he was sitting just near the interchange bench yesterday with no other players in proximity that I could see and dressed in his St Kilda garb.

A couple of weeks ago he was sitting with all of the other players in the same area but back a few rows.

I would guess he was right in the mix for yesterday when Kosi missed out, and Clarke finally got the nod so Brooks got to sit where he sat.

He headed off at half time and I did not see him return.

Interesting that Meesen has got a game with Adelaide - after 3 years playing for Norwood in the SANFL.

Those calling the likes of Watts and Brooks a "waste of space" were calling R. Clarke and X. Clarke (2 of our most skilled players) a "waste of space" last week, along with calling for Gehrig and Harvey to retire.

And they could not see the potential in Gilbert from his 2 games last year.

Stick with those who can actually spot potential when they see it!