How did Max get injured?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bono
Club Player

How did Max get injured?

9 minutes into the match and he does his quad. Only explanation is that he mustn't have warmed up well enough. If that is the case thre is absolutely no excuse. He is meant to be a professional footballer and the club is meant to have the staff around the players to prepare them in the best and most appropriate way.

midas_touch
Club Player

He pulled up immediately when he was trailing Pavlich on the lead in the Freo F50. Jogged off the ground and went straight into the rooms.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Should have been detected if it was going to go that early in the game.

The fitness staff have a role in the warmup, but Maxie is also a professional 200-game footballer ... he should know that he has a responsbility to look after his body.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The one good break we had all day. If he never plays again it will be too soon.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

what the hell are you on perfectionist?????? Obviously a troll..

Anyway he was closing in on PAV and grabbed his left upper thigh
Last edited by ausfatcat on Sat 18 Aug 2007 11:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

they are saying its his thigh
"Lyon said Hudghton, who came off the field after pulling up abruptly while in pursuit of Matthew Pavlich, has sustained a "significant" injury"

sounds like 2007 could be over for max?
unless we end up deep into september

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:The one good break we had all day. If he never plays again it will be too soon.
go die plz perfectionist and do everyone a favour.

max is a club champion and our best defender and should we make the finals a WALK up starter.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Max got hurt just being Max.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

perfectionist wrote:The one good break we had all day. If he never plays again it will be too soon.

another quality post to add to your previous 13........ :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

Does pose the question I asked a couple of days ago worth giving some more thought though.

Are we in danger of Max breaking down more quickly than we had anticipated leaving us a KP backman short. Is the Max Hudghton contingancy plan advanced enough?

Maybe this year?
duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

rexy wrote: Is the Max Hudghton contingancy plan advanced enough?
good question.
Off the top of my head- the fact that guys like goose raph and gilbo have LOTS of room for improvement (not a negative comment) in their game, makes me think once max retires we should be well covered.

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
rexy
SS Life Member

At the right price ( Ie dollars and pick number) should we be looking at a Jason Cloke type out of the VFL as insurance for a 1 year contract next year? Someone strong enough, mature enough to hold big forwards to under 4 goals.

Maybe this year?
Sam23
SS Life Member

Did it in the first quarter when Pav was on the lead....Pavlich first shot at goal ....about the 8 minute mark...looked like a hammy to me when he first did it but when he ran off seemed obvious it wasn't a hammy.

Such a shame to lose him.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:At the right price ( Ie dollars and pick number) should we be looking at a Jason Cloke type out of the VFL as insurance for a 1 year contract next year? Someone strong enough, mature enough to hold big forwards to under 4 goals.
We wouldn't be able to get anyone cheap that would be any real improvement on Gwilt.

If Max breaks down next year, we'd be right as long as Chips, Goose and Gilbo are fit. If one of those guys are injured Gwilt would come in. If one of those guys are injured then we could play any of Allen, R.Clarke or even Kosi as a tall back.

We have plenty of players who could come in and do a reasonable job, so there isn't any point in recruiting to plug holes in the short-term. What we need to do is draft and develop a player who can do a very good job on monster forwards for 10 years.

rexy
SS Life Member

Agreed with all of your sentiments Mad saint guy. Hope Gilbert can get a little bigger in the off season (weight wise) and that Goose and Raph have uninterrupted preseasons also. We just need to sure ourselves up for the big forwards I think. Someone with a Clement type body, athletic but strong and not pushed off the ball to easily, Gilbert is strong for his size and age and I thought he would be our next full back but it almost looks like he is to damaging up the ground now. Could be Scarlett like with a little extra strength and size, attacking full back.

Maybe this year?
Bono
Club Player

[quote="Oh When the Saints"]Should have been detected if it was going to go that early in the game.

The fitness staff have a role in the warmup, but Maxie is also a professional 200-game footballer ... he should know that he has a responsbility to look after his body.[/quote]

At least one person responded along the lines of what I was getting at. I was at the game and saw him do it!! Its got me stufed how a player can injure himself like that 9 minutes into a match. There no was he could have warmed up properly before he game. Poor on his part and also the fitness coaches.

And about the contingency plan for when he retires - he is 15 months away. His name is Michael Hurley and he plays for the Northern Knights but is to young to be drafted this year.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Hurley will go too high next year for the Saints to have a crack at him (I hope).