Thoughts on the game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

midas_touch
Club Player

Thoughts on the game

I'll begin by saying it was our best performance for the year. We were relentless with our attacking and pressure, were slick with our disposal and played some great attacking footy. We made the most of our oppurtunities, and had no real passengers, but rather had a good performance by the whole team. We were also kept the same intensity throughout the whole game.

Some things to note:
- Fraser Gehrig put in a phenomenal performance. There is such a big difference between his best and worst, but you could kinda tell form early on he was gonna have a great day. He could have had 10 if it werent for a couple of marks disallowed in the final term, but overall 8 goals is still a magnificent return. He marked everything that went to him and was too strong for McPharlin in a couple of wrestling contests. Really loved his pile driving tackle early in the game as well. He definitely answered his critics in the media, and I'm confident we will see him around next year.
- X Clarke stepped up today. Some of his runs were outstanding, and took a couple of good grabs in defense. Had great forward pressure. Raph Clarke also put in a solid performance, despite making a couple of errors.
- Although Voss only got the ball 8 times, I reckon he also had a great game. His overhead marking is awesome, and played the role of a
'third tall' well, scoring two goals.
- Lenny, Joey and Dal were all excellent in the middle.
- Second tier players like Fiora and Blake also put in solid efforts. The Blake/Clarke ruck combo proved to work well, with 35 hitouts to 15.
- Some of our contested work was magnificent. One example was the passage of play that led to Joey passing the ball to G in the first term.
- Sam Fisher did very well on Pavlich when Hudgton went down. Took a couple of great marks, and put a few nice spoils on. Is really versitile down back and should get an AA spot.
- Absolutely loved a couple of Gilbo's 'dont argues' he put on. I reckon this will become his trademark in the years to com.
- Farmer going down and getting taken off was a great moment. If you ask me, it was a case of karma, considering the matthew lloyd dive he put on which scored him a 50 and a goal. Hope Baker doesnt get suspended though.

Whilst we made a few decision making errors throughout the game, overall it was a very impressive performance. If we bring play like we did today, I'm confident that we can roll the eagles next friday night.

On a side note, it was good to meet some of youse at the MW today. I guess its hard to recognise people from an online forum, but yeah it was great meeting Snoopy, Luke_l_26, lovin_dal_santo, riccardo and dal_santos_gal (sorry if i missed others). Looking forward to seeing youse next friday as we (hopefully) give it to the eagles. Go saints.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Ball...... His kicking again sends shivers down my spine

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Goood summary ..and nice to meet you today

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
lovin_dal_santo
SS Hall of Fame

great summary,
our attack and desperation was probably the best its been all year.. makes a nice change aye

also nice to meet you today :)

Robert Harvey
What else do we need?