Bakes v Farmer... any footage?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

Re: No Premiersips with Blokes like these

Saint-an wrote:He is an embarrassment. And our club - by which I mean our coaching department - are basically cheating by leaving him in the team. If you are a skilful young up and coming player in the two's being left out each week to allow the least skilled thug in the AFL for the last 10 years to play incase we need someone scragged and punched up, I would be rethinking if I'd made the righ choice to join ths club. He remains in the starting 22 so when opposition players start to get on top of us, good old Baker is sent in to smack them in the head. If he is chosen for his skills, we are in trouble. And if he is chosen just to scrag and punch blokes, then that is a disgrace. If he did it by putting his head over the footy and imposing himself in the way the greats of the game have always done it, then no arguments from me. But incidents like the Farmer one keep our club in the dark. If we have to flood, scrag, hit blokes behind the play and push ourselves past our limits to beat 13th placed sides on our home ground, then we have real problems. We will be belted by West Cost this week unless we can join the modern era

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Saint-an wrote:He is an embarrassment. And our club - by which I mean our coaching department - are basically cheating by leaving him in the team. If you are a skilful young up and coming player in the two's being left out each week to allow the least skilled thug in the AFL for the last 10 years to play incase we need someone scragged and punched up, I would be rethinking if I'd made the righ choice to join ths club. He remains in the starting 22 so when opposition players start to get on top of us, good old Baker is sent in to smack them in the head. If he is chosen for his skills, we are in trouble. And if he is chosen just to scrag and punch blokes, then that is a disgrace. If he did it by putting his head over the footy and imposing himself in the way the greats of the game have always done it, then no arguments from me. But incidents like the Farmer one keep our club in the dark. If we have to flood, scrag, hit blokes behind the play and push ourselves past our limits to beat 13th placed sides on our home ground, then we have real problems. We will be belted by West Cost this week unless we can join the modern era

He is chosen as a defender.....

Why cant people get a handle on the idea that MIDFIELD DEFENDERS (ie Taggers) exist.

Baker is a legend. He IS (bar Lenny) one of the only blokes that isnt too piss weak to go in and fly the flag when needed.

supersaints
Club Player

Mmmmmm Nosebleeds and fainting - could be drug related better ask Aker !

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

f*** off troll.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saint-an wrote:Hi Im a whiney assed freo supporter crying about a player felled behind play, he represents everything we hold dear at freo, beating up women, drink driving, assaulting people at nightclubs and sniping behind play, as such we are offended when he himself gets some of his own medicine, now im going to cry into my peter mann photo album collection
corrected for accuracy.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Saint-an wrote:Hi Im a whiney assed freo supporter crying about a player felled behind play, he represents everything we hold dear at freo, beating up women, drink driving, assaulting people at nightclubs and sniping behind play, as such we are offended when he himself gets some of his own medicine, now im going to cry into my peter mann photo album collection
corrected for accuracy.
GOLD!!!

And long live the anchor at Freo which hopefully keeps 'em down for many long years to come 8-)

SteveStevens66
Club Player

[quote="my les foote"]

If he had seen anything you would have heard a great Mike Williamson style "WHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAAA". He wouldn't be able to contain himself.

MLF: The great Mike Williamson would NEVER had said anything as banal as "WHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAAA". He wasn't a cowboy trying to get his horse to pull up.

Unlike M. Voss and just about everyone behind the microphone these days, Williamson was a genuine commentator. He was a real broadcaster who didn't have to play the game at the highest level to know what he is talking about to paint word-pictures, the commentator's job. He wouldn't even get a gig these days because he wasn't an ex-player. It is all about connections, corruption and conflicts-of-interest and nothing to do with skils behind the mike.

Carna Saints!!!
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

SteveStevens66 wrote:He wouldn't even get a gig these days because he wasn't an ex-player.
Bruce McAvaney
John Anderson
Rohan Connolly
Clinton Grybas
Tim Gossage
Dan Lonergan
Drew Morphett
Tim Lane
Steven Quartermain
Peter Walsh
Anthony Mithen
Glenn Mitchell
Clint Wheeldon
Mark Doran

All have AFL commentary jobs.

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Grimfang
Club Player

Goose, on his regular spot on Gold 104, said there was no behind the goals footage from the game.

Patrick Keane from the AFL says they are looking at vision from a couple of non-broadcast cameras though.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons; for you are a quick and tasty morsel.