Bakes v Farmer... any footage?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

getting back on topic, surely someone on here must have seen what happened, i'm keen to know details

were they just remonstrating in the center and Bakes landed a good one?

if so, what a good one it was! :D

every person involved in football, except those with Freo, would enjoy seeing Farmer get carried off the ground

and Voss went on to say later in the coverage that he didn't see the incident exactly, but saw right after it

and Seaford_Saint, is it annoying sleeping in ur bedsheets after you've cut those eye-holes in them?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
Riewoldting
SS Life Member

The_Dud wrote:getting back on topic, surely someone on here must have seen what happened, i'm keen to know details
Farmer was following close behind Baker, niggling, couple of pokes to ribs etc.

Baker stopped suddenly and Farmer ran straight into the rear side of his shoulder, busting his nose

Farmer dropped like the proverbial sack and Bakes moved from a jog to a sprint, making the next marking contest

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:
The_Dud wrote:getting back on topic, surely someone on here must have seen what happened, i'm keen to know details
Farmer was following close behind Baker, niggling, couple of pokes to ribs etc.

Baker stopped suddenly and Farmer ran straight into the rear side of his shoulder, busting his nose

Farmer dropped like the proverbial sack and Bakes moved from a jog to a sprint, making the next marking contest
is that fair-dinkum, or are u just trying to cover for bakes?

cos thats no where near as exciting as Bakes landing one on Farmers glass jaw

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Riewoldting wrote:Baker stopped suddenly and Farmer ran straight into the rear side of his shoulder, busting his nose. Farmer dropped like the proverbial sack and Bakes moved from a jog to a sprint, making the next marking contest
that's what i saw, too. farmer really should watch where he's going

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i'm amazed that a shoulder could do that much damage, especially not at high speed

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

it was actually farmer's nose that did the damage ... to itself. farmer was tailgating bakes and bakes stopped suddenly

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

yeah i can understand the nose going, but its the servere concussion that amazes me

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

The_Dud wrote:yeah i can understand the nose going, but its the servere concussion that amazes me
must have banged his head when he hit the hard telstra dome turf. unfortunate for him really

SainterX1
Club Player

The bloke behind me said thet Bakes was running behing Farmer and Farmer doubled back while Bakes kept running through. Didn't see it myself, but thats ounds right.

Where they were, the forwards would have seen it, and if there was anything wrong done by Baker, they would have done something, so either they couldn't be bothered looking after their mate, or they hate Farmer, or Baker did nothing wrong.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

There are so many different stories on this discussion - some people say shoulder, some say first, some say knee... I would like to have some idea of what actually happened - please, could someone PM me -- and feel free to say "Allegedly" if you want to. Just I would like to know.

Cheers
Mark

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
SaintDippa
Club Player

If there's not video footage, I bet Tony Jones will be watching the proceedings closely to see if the AFL acts on the evidence from witnesses who may have seen the incident.

battye
Saintsational Legend

SainterX1 wrote:...so either they couldn't be bothered looking after their mate, or they hate Farmer, or Baker did nothing wrong.
:lol: :lol:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
RooandKosi
Club Player

AGREE SUCK ON THAT FARMER YOU DOG!!!

Know you know how ya wife feels!!

What did ya get>??? 2 kicks?? from busllhit frees that were a disgrace!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Can someone who saw it please post what the 'really' saw...

....its seems as if people of scared on incriminating Baker to a 4 week suspension.....

Let me play it to yous straight ----- A supporter forum WILL NOT be part of an AFL investigation into the incident.....so someone build up the courage and just post the bloody thing.

battye
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:Let me play it to yous straight ----- A supporter forum WILL NOT be part of an AFL investigation into the incident.....so someone build up the courage and just post the bloody thing.
This is St Kilda we're talking about. Any other of the 15 clubs and their supporter forums would be fine... but I'm sure the AFL would find a loophole to allow evidence from a St Kilda forum :wink:

Feature article: KFC's "Double Down" burger!

TV Ratings: Hey Hey It's Saturday ratings overview

Do you know what C# is? .NET? Then you need to know this: XSD
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Enricco_Misso wrote:The Wife Basher is the most contemptible player in the entire competition.

Couldnt agree more. Would be ironic if Bakes does get off, after laying one on the Wife belter

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Have just had a look at the Dockerland forums at what they have had to say about the incident.

The funniest thing is that one of them is under the misapprehension that Baker is facing charges along with Voss over the Prince of Wales brawl.

Quote: "the thing that strikes me is that Voss might be protecting his co-accused in the hope that Baker will protect him come trial time.

Just another example of the many conflicts of interest in the AFL media..."

I have often thought that Fremantle supporters are the most ill-informed / pig ignorant in the league (about football and other matters), and this just confirms it. :roll:

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

NO FOOTAGE!

DISGRACEFUL! INEPT! PATHETIC!

The AFL can clap themselves on the f****** back cos they've only got themselves to blame....

I'm pretty pissed off about this - because even though the AFL really should do nothing since Bakes should be innocent until proven guilty, we all know that that won't happen because A) we're st.kilda and the AFL doesn't give a stuff about us and b) next week we play their lovechild where players are allowed to be racists and take drugs all the time and go digging for gold in other people's eyes and the afl will turn a blind eye to everything because they must make it to the grand final....

GRRRRRRRR......... I'm so fecking pissed off with this!

he can't go, he simply can't, its simply isn't fair - *sigh* but since when has the AFL cared about anything fair?

my les foote
Club Player

Why is this thread called Baker v Farmer?

Is there ANY evidence that Baker was involved.

The only footage on Channel 10 shows Farmer lying on the ground and Baker involved in trying to chop off a lead. He is not coming from Farmer's direction.

Oh yes, there is Michael Voss's evidence
"I didn't see the incident"
"They were pushing and shoving and one of them finished it"
"I didn't see the incident"

Great player, has no idea behind the microphone.

If he had seen anything you would have heard a great Mike Williamson style "WHHHOOOOOOAAAAAAAA". He wouldn't be able to contain himself.

Still waiting to see the investigation of Baker being put down behind play against the Eagles. That was captured by the cameras.

Win it for HIM!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RL did mention that Bakes had told him it wasnt reportable so I think we can safely say Bakes was involved.

my les foote
Club Player

"I've spoken to Steven Baker and he said, 'I've done nothing to worry about, Ross', so as far as I know Steven Baker played out a game and Farmer went off," Lyon said.

Asked if he knew how Farmer had been hurt, Lyon said he had not seen the incident.

"That happens on footy fields," he said. "We've won (and) Baker said to me, 'I've done nothing that's reportable', so we'll let the authorities — if anyone's concerned with the incident — deal with it."
No evidence there that he was involved with Farmer's injury.

Win it for HIM!
AlpineStars
Club Player

Dan Warna is right if we go back to the Scarlett Reiwoldt incident, they even had grainy footage from a distance but called it inconclusive even though there was no one else around. They can't possibly charge baker with anything!

Wake me up when September ends.
Saint-an

No Premiersips with Blokes like these

He is an embarrassment. And our club - by which I mean our coaching department - are basically cheating by leaving him in the team. If you are a skilful young up and coming player in the two's being left out each week to allow the least skilled thug in the AFL for the last 10 years to play incase we need someone scragged and punched up, I would be rethinking if I'd made the righ choice to join ths club. He remains in the starting 22 so when opposition players start to get on top of us, good old Baker is sent in to smack them in the head. If he is chosen for his skills, we are in trouble. And if he is chosen just to scrag and punch blokes, then that is a disgrace. If he did it by putting his head over the footy and imposing himself in the way the greats of the game have always done it, then no arguments from me. But incidents like the Farmer one keep our club in the dark. If we have to flood, scrag, hit blokes behind the play and push ourselves past our limits to beat 13th placed sides on our home ground, then we have real problems. We will be belted by West Cost this week unless we can join the modern era

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

troll much???

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Re: No Premiersips with Blokes like these

Saint-an wrote:He is an embarrassment. And our club - by which I mean our coaching department - are basically cheating by leaving him in the team. If you are a skilful young up and coming player in the two's being left out each week to allow the least skilled thug in the AFL for the last 10 years to play incase we need someone scragged and punched up, I would be rethinking if I'd made the righ choice to join ths club. He remains in the starting 22 so when opposition players start to get on top of us, good old Baker is sent in to smack them in the head. If he is chosen for his skills, we are in trouble. And if he is chosen just to scrag and punch blokes, then that is a disgrace. If he did it by putting his head over the footy and imposing himself in the way the greats of the game have always done it, then no arguments from me. But incidents like the Farmer one keep our club in the dark. If we have to flood, scrag, hit blokes behind the play and push ourselves past our limits to beat 13th placed sides on our home ground, then we have real problems. We will be belted by West Cost this week unless we can join the modern era
He's won a B&F and if you were a Saints supporter you would know that despite looking a little awkward Bakes' skills are pretty good...but as I said if you were a Saints supporter you'd know this.