Was Tim Lane abused as a child?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Abused as a child? Possibly.

Bet you dollars to donuts he is abused a hell of alot more now, though!

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I think that some of the paranoia displayed on this forum about commentators is way over the top.

However, I must agree that Lane - for whatever reason - really does seem to hate the Saints like poison.

From some of the things he says, I have drawn the conclusion that he thinks in particular that we don't deserve to be where we are: shouldn't have gotten all those draft picks (especially BJ, I guess).

To be fair, he has consistently had a go at teams (including his beloved Blues) that seem to be deliberately losing games in order to improve their position in the draft. And I must say that I support him 100% in this: I can't stand this aspect of the modern game.

But it's always seemed quite unfair to target the Saints, who - at worst - surely can only be accused of doing it in a deliberate way in 2002.

I think our sin is that, unlike most of the other cellar-dwellers, the succession early draft picks seem to have helped to enable us to rise permanently up the ladder.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
markinUSA
SS Life Member

When we are having all these discussions about spelling and grammar, I just couldn't help but asking: Spellchecker, where are you????

Spelly, you will NOT be forgotten!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.