Kosi can: just in time for star Saint - today's Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Kosi can: just in time for star Saint - today's Age

IN today's age - interesting to hear what he says about RL.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/kosi- ... ntentSwap1

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

"He just puts a positive spin on everything. He's worn calipers on his legs his whole life. He can't run. Loves his sport, and can't do it. It just puts it back in perspective … that whatever, I can get out there and run a lap of the footy ground."

great quote

I bought a shirt from Target once.
It had a hard tag on it too.

I know how Dal feels.
Megamaguire
Club Player

K O S A P O S I T I V I T Y !

I love his passion and enthusiasm, and I think he's inspiring.I could say that about Kossi but just as happy to hear Kosi refer to our coach in these words. Seeing Kosi just being a regular player this year has been a fantastic omen for me. Inspite of our precarious position on the ladder and painful possibility that the team will miss their opportunity to push forward into september action i am stil relieved that Kosi continues to develop towards a Saint Kilda side that can soon reach a grand final.

G O K O S I

G O S A I N T E R S !

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

kosi wrote:"He just motivates me. And he's straight up. You know exactly where you stand with Ross. He's brutally honest, doesn't pull any punches, and I think that's why I've got confidence in him. I can tell him anything, and if I've got something on my mind, I can shoot it at him and know that he'll take it in, process it, and give it back. I love his passion and enthusiasm, and I think he's inspiring."
glad to see that at least one player is responding to RL. let's hope it will ultimately translate into results

bigred
Saintsational Legend

He's a great kid Kosi....

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Koschitzke has no shortage of teachers from whom to pick up tips. There's forward coach John Barker. Midfield coach Anthony Rock. And veteran ruckman Matthew Clarke.

Clarke and Michael Gardiner had been recruited off-season to handle ruck responsibilities. Injuries have conspired to keep Gardiner gameless and Clarke to just eight appearances. But with Koschitzke again having to pinch-hit, the advice of the former Brisbane and Adelaide big man has been invaluable.

"He's been great for me," Koschitzke says. "He's been great to bounce ideas off. There's a lot to learn about the caper, just with body positioning and stuff. I used to think it was just three steps, go as hard as you can and jump and get into it. But it really is an artform, and he's helped me a lot with that."

So it begs the question WHAT THE **** was going on previously

Very damning indightment on Thomas and Rendell in particular that nothing was done to teach these guys anything about the ruck

I mean FAIR DINKUM if Rendell was good for anything, then this would probably be it, but it would seem precious little was done

I suppose Rendell was too busy choosing recycled players from Port Adelaide such as Brooks, Guerra and Ackland to give up draft picks for instead of actually passing on any ruck tips

Even Ackland was quoted as saying that there was little ruck coaching at St.Kilda as this was Thomas's way

I mean FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Whats new barks?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

r u still here barks? thought you quit this forum after someoone hurt ur feelings

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
kosi wrote:"He just motivates me. And he's straight up. You know exactly where you stand with Ross. He's brutally honest, doesn't pull any punches, and I think that's why I've got confidence in him. I can tell him anything, and if I've got something on my mind, I can shoot it at him and know that he'll take it in, process it, and give it back. I love his passion and enthusiasm, and I think he's inspiring."
glad to see that at least one player is responding to RL. let's hope it will ultimately translate into results
Kosi isnt the only player to come out publicly and genuinely laud Lyons style.....but that doesnt suit your agenda I guees??

Could you list the bagging quotes from players who are saying they arent responding to Lyon? or do you get all your inside info off supposition??? :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

When was the last time that an AFL player wasn't nice about their coach, and what VFL side do they now play for ? :lol:

Seriously though, you'd hope that the majority of the team were with the program. I don't think we would have one more than two games if they weren't.

And while the season is still alive, there's a chance to turn it on and turn it around.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
SaintWodonga
Club Player

Kosi loves the club.. time to pen to paper Kosi.. :)

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Carl Mynott
Club Player

Kosi didnt play,not sure why he pulled out of today's game.....

Blake did the job in the ruck and did ok.....

The more things change the more they stay the same
mischa
Club Player

Good article. And Kosi also said at the start of this year that GT was going to be a mentor to him for the "rest of my life". I wonder what agenda that falls under :roll:

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

mischa wrote:Good article. And Kosi also said at the start of this year that GT was going to be a mentor to him for the "rest of my life". I wonder what agenda that falls under :roll:
Perhaps in ten years time when Kossie retires he can sue us for $60,000 in holiday pay even if it wasn't in his contract

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
markinUSA
SS Life Member

What was wrong with Kosi? Why didn't he play? I haven't been able to find out. Can someone explain?

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

general soreness was what was said.....

I hope they are taking a very cautious approach with him and thats the reason he missed out rather than he has done something to himself.

jk23
Club Player

ausfatcat wrote:general soreness was what was said.....

I hope they are taking a very cautious approach with him and thats the reason he missed out rather than he has done something to himself.
I hope I am panicking but I have a feeling that it may be something more. I hope I am wrong....... :?