Bluey McKenna done deal at Melbourne.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Bluey McKenna done deal at Melbourne.

or so I have heard just recently.

seems sheedy wont be at melbourne as coach.

cuddles they are umming and arring about.

mckenna teh favourite at this point from a board member.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
busso mick
Club Player

With Red hair and a name called Bluey he would be a good fit. He has coached in the WAFL before with mixed success, but if you think that Laidley was a Malthouse protege then he may go alright.

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

i dont understand what is so good about mckenna...he talks well with the media....and??

but then its difficult to judge anything about any potential coach as noone has seen them do anything yet...from the outside in

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:i dont understand what is so good about mckenna...he talks well with the media....and??

but then its difficult to judge anything about any potential coach as noone has seen them do anything yet...from the outside in
what I heard was sheedy was invited to interview but it seems that sheedy had 'issues' and at least of his 'assistants' was interesting...

connelly comes with baggage however is still an outside chance. This particular board member wants mckenna.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
jackal
Club Player

McKenna wasn't far off our list and was in our final 3 from what I've heard. You would have to assume that is up to it if he gets that far.

Also I must add that he was my boxing/fitness coach a few years back and was very good (Saying that I was a teenager and this is not a prerequisite for coaching an AFL team). He's tough, switchen on, quite smart and a reasonable man. All good traits to lead a footy club.

Just glad we got Lyon.

saintm
Club Player

According to an ABC Radio interview with Cameron Schwab before the game, Mark Harvey is almost certain to get the Freemantle job. Will speak to him before talking to anyone else and if he wants it, it's basically his.

Don't know if their process has changed with the result of today's game...... :)