nds...farked if i know

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

am i reading this correctly?

after 12 months a player still doesn't understand our game plan and strategy?

bodes ill for 2008...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

dont stress to much dan...someones dragged this out from 1/2 way through the season

Beej
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:in a team that didn't kick enough goals last season could he be of better use in more of a half-forward role? or is he too valuable on the ball?
I think we both know very well that our inability to kick a winning score this year wasn't due to our lack of goalkickers.

With Dal it was always an issue of confidence around the sticks and we've seen this year what he was capable of all along. Twenty goals a season from someone of his ability isn't asking for too much and he'd be very comfortable around half-forward.

I also like him roaming around our backline playing the sweeper role where he can push into midfield unattended. We know he's brilliant in traffic but such is his vision and creativity that when given any space he is absolutely clinical with his use of the footy.

We sorely missed Goddard playing that same role this season. Sam Fisher's outstanding year covered for the loss to a degree but in terms of pure foot skills Goddard is on another level to basically anyone else in the comp.

When the game is there to be won though it's all hands to the pump and our best midfielders need to be amongst it.

spert
Saintsational Legend

NDS has stood still in his development for a couple of years.. until he learns to put four quarters together and works harder on his defensive game, he wont be mentioned in the same breath as other elite midfielders- fantastic talent, but in 2008 needs to go the next step.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

NDS is our second best player imo...he is the most skilful player in the team, has superb vision, can win his own ball, good tackler...what do people want?

Not overrated, apart from Roo who is better and more valuable to the team than Dal?

Nee!