I hate .....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

I can't understand why we play they way we do :(

Carpe Diem
Winmarvellous
Club Player

It is disheartening. Never have I had to agree with so many that Saint Kilda play crap, and that's after a win! Bad football, and rips your heart out to watch it. But I'm still transfixed. I have to get my fix, like Benny boy. Maybe I should off to California and catch some NBA games or something.

duckduckduckgoose
Club Player

i hate watching this tempo crap also, but to put it in perspective- im pretty sure there are no such discussions about the terrible state of modern football on Cats, Roos, Eagles etc. forums!

i saw the eagles vs roos game on the weekend and it was action packed, fast moving EXCITING football.

OUR team is to blame for us supporters thinking that modern footy sucks... not the AFL or anyone else.

The buck stops with our blokes on the park.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Re: I hate .....

Joffa Burns wrote:Watching St Kilda play football in their current style.

I am perhaps a fair weathered fan, but I am a purist when it comes to sport.

When I watch footy I love a contest, I like seeing long kicks into big forwards who mark and goal. I like hard hits, strong tackles and guys grabbing the ball and taking the opposition on. I want to see goals kicked. I repeat GOALS!!!!
I'm sure you enjoyed today's game Joffa ... I reckon it ticked every one of those boxes.
meher baba wrote:
Perhaps things will be different next year, but so far the new style seems to make us less effective at what we used to be really good at (attacking the ball in midfield, moving the ball forward quickly and marking inside the forward 50) and, at best, about as effective at the things that we were only reasonably good at in the past (clearances, defending against their attacks, etc.)

I sure hope I'm proven wrong in the long run, but every week that goes by............. :? :cry:
Yep ... every week that goes by meher baba.

Every week it becomes more obvious that we are heading down the right track.

Every week it becomes more obvious that when executed properly, the gameplan is fine.

Every week it becomes more obvious that the coach is in his first season, learning and willing to adjust his style.

Every week I am feeling more confident in the players and the gameplan.

Change that emoticon meher baba.

"Every week that goes by ............ :D :P
rogewa wrote:hear ya joffa...in 6 months we have been reduced to a rabble & there's worse to come imo

not only do we not like whats going on but the chyt will hit the fan next yr where it counts

imo(hope i'm wrong) we have picked up the greatest dud along with tony jewell in our clubs history

Giving you a chance to revisit your comments rogerwa ... Tony Jewell was an absolute shocker, and I reckon Watson was a dud too ...

So Lyon is moving up the ranks a bit??

We were so far from a rabble today it wasn't funny ... I reckon it goes to show how the coach gets too much credit when the team wins and too much blame when it loses.

Thanks guys ... I love "I told you so's", even if they might be wrong and short-lived.

:wink:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

just so enjoyed that Sydney :roll: style today....

“Yeah….nah””
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Joffa Burns wrote:I just don’t enjoy watching us play like this!

Am I alone?
No you're not Robinson Crusoe there.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
Joffa Burns wrote:I just don’t enjoy watching us play like this!

Am I alone?
No you're not Robinson Crusoe there.
didnt enjoy 19 goals today Leo?

“Yeah….nah””