If Freo are fair dinkum, they'll do a number on us!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

If Freo are fair dinkum, they'll do a number on us!

I reckon Freo are in prime position to tear us apart.

Yes I know the game is at TD but we aren't exactly setting the world on fire, whilst they are starting to hit their straps.

Can't see how we can contain Pav, or many of their runners either for that matter.

Can't see how the world will change for our side as it certainly hasn't for the past 3 matches.

Freo must be licking their lips and looking forward to having a narrow lead or being just behind us at 3 quarter time and then going in for the big kill in the last quarter.

......just the way I read it.........

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

excellent positive post, just leaves me full of confidence :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Aussie Bears
Club Player

I am pretty sure we have won 5 of the last 8

Freo have won 3 of the last 4, in review

Freo V Adelaide- Adelaide are an ageing injured team that are ripe for picking every week.

Freo V Geelong - Good Opposition, Freo got SMASHED

Freo v West Coast - Derbies are different games played at a finals type level and forma nd position on ladder does not matter in these games.

Freo V essendon - Bombers are young and going through the motions and Sheedy does not give a S#it. Bombers should have been 5 goals up at Qtr time.

Freo has very misleading form. We can and will smash them.

They have gotten ahead of themselves here in the west and they are ripe for the picking.

A year that doesn't end in frustration...please
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

when we played freo our midfield had their midfield on toast for 3/4 of the game.

I think afterwards that was the first game I applauded RL for allowing st kilda play attacking football.

we were shaded in the defence, we dominated the midfield, and won the forward line EXCEPT for shooting on goal, hence we lost the game.

if we play like the way we played for 2/3 of the freo game, we'd be a dominant side.

it was a bad day in front of goals and that was the only place we failed and thus lost the game. while not usually one to criticise the players, that loss was not the coaches fault. (other games I would apportion blame on the coach, but freo game was mainly the players IMO)

for most of the game we got the match ups right, we got the tactics right and the players executed quality attacking fast moving risk taking football.

I think from memory we shut up shop late, but by then the goal kicking had cost us the game.

I dont think freo have anything to be confident about as we are 'on paper' a much stronger side.

if RL shows as much flair as he did that day we will win the game.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

there are some matchups im a bit unsure of we would have to play max on tarrant and mybe goose on pav but whos gunna take farmer ??
im not sure attard has the speed or agility to play on the wifebeater mybe playing bakes bcak on him could work i dunno grammy is not accountable enuff to play on him and we will need his run out of defence and with freo once the wife beater gets fired up their whole team gets fired up he kicks 4 they lift if pav kicks 4 not much changes for their team morale

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

If we play an attacking brand of footy, as we have been playing at Teltsra Dome, more often than not over the last five years we will beat them comfortably

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

If we played the game like the last quarter like we did against the Swans we'll be eaten alive! A free-flowing, hard attacking game from us will get us not only over the line but well into the finals! I think with our backs to the wall, and at home, we’ll get over the line with a comfortable win. (WE NEED TO!)

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

There are some matchups i am a bit unsure of we would have to play max on tarrant and mybe goose on pav but whos gunna take farmer ??

How about Blake on Tarrant, Goose on Pavlova, and Maxy on wife belter. Blake certainly has the motor to go with Taz. What do you think ?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:There are some matchups i am a bit unsure of we would have to play max on tarrant and mybe goose on pav but whos gunna take farmer ??

How about Blake on Tarrant, Goose on Pavlova, and Maxy on wife belter. Blake certainly has the motor to go with Taz. What do you think ?
baker on farmer.

farmer is a coward and will hit from behind, baker will go toe to toe and what he loses in pace he makes up in smarts.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:There are some matchups i am a bit unsure of we would have to play max on tarrant and mybe goose on pav but whos gunna take farmer ??

blake could go with taz but the question is we may need him in (shudder) the ruck at some point if we decide to go super tall in our forward line with kosi g and roo i honestly thing with our forwards and their forwards milney is gunna be super important for us if hes on he would be able to rip through the dockers backline

in the center i wouldnt mind ball on bell

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Mr X from the West
Club Player

Problem is, we never SMASH anybody.

No doubt it will be another slug fest, with our DEFENSIVE game plan operating big time.

In another universe, we would go out and attack them, put pressure on them, run in waves, get numbers to the ball, etc etc. But no doubt we will "zone off", "protect space", "get numbers behind the ball", "try to hurt them on the rebound" and every other cliched, hackneyed expression that sums up just where we are at the minute.

And quite frankly I'm sick of it. The bloody game plan sucks.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Is anyone really any more confident labelling Fremantle as "Fair Dinkum" than they would be St. Kilda?

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:Is anyone really any more confident labelling Fremantle as "Fair Dinkum" than they would be St. Kilda?
true point i spose this will be the game to see who is more unpredictble or less dissapointing

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

They wear purple - god love 'em.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Freo are dead set monty's...

Never been a surer thing...

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: If Freo are fair dinkum, they'll do a number on us!

if we're fair dinkum we'll do a number on them.

but i'm not convinced we're fair dinkum

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:Problem is, we never SMASH anybody.

No doubt it will be another slug fest, with our DEFENSIVE game plan operating big time.

In another universe, we would go out and attack them, put pressure on them, run in waves, get numbers to the ball, etc etc. But no doubt we will "zone off", "protect space", "get numbers behind the ball", "try to hurt them on the rebound" and every other cliched, hackneyed expression that sums up just where we are at the minute.

i agree. we should back ourselves to win a game. we have the talent. we are at home. make them match up on us

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:if we're fair dinkum we'll do a number on them.

exactly my point!

I hope some of our players read this post and it get's up their collective goats....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:

exactly my point!

I hope some of our players read this post and it get's up their collective goats....

I hope none of the players read anyting on here and I am pretty sure they wouldnt.

my les foote
Club Player

Did you post this before the Eagles game as well?

Win it for HIM!
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:

exactly my point!

I hope none of the players read anyting on here and I am pretty sure they wouldnt.
i know of two who have visited this site but dont think they would take what we say seriously anyway

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Freo are in form, but don't have a super quick midfield. Play Bakes on Carr, and see how far the niggle gets him. Farmer is the wildcard, but control him early and he loses interest. Pav will get his, we've got to limit their others, especially Bell and, if he plays, Headland. When they get a couple, they usually win. Give Roo his head and let him roam where he wants. Gehrig owes us for the last few weeks and will hopefully come out fired up. Gonna be close, and whoever gets on top early usually wins these ones. Fire up boys, or turn in for the season.

PS. Why am I always so disgusted after the weekend, but optimistic again by Thursday. I barrack for the Saints, and it comes with the job.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Perfectly put! And thats it in a nutshell. If we are going out to play that sort of bulls*** again, I hope we LOSE. I have never been so bored and frustrated at the footy this season. I want it to be over and then hope RL has a good hard look at himself ( and game plan) in the mirror over the summer.

hAyES
Club Player

*claps*

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Agree with the OP.

On form, talent and coach, Fremantle should beat us by around 30-40 points.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.