Angels Function REPORT

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sxc_Sainter
Club Player

Angels Function REPORT

the players in attendance were:
Gilbert
Jones
Armitage
Van Rheenan
Attard
Wall
Eddy
Allen
Geary
Raymond
Gwilt

Surprise guest- Danny Frawley.

Was GREAT hearing from the players- very approachable and vibrant.

Sam Gilbert mentioned his leg was pretty much right to go for this weekend. So GREAT news there.

Past players also in attendance and they were nothing short of inspirational. Hearing just how much our clubs means to them was just truly amazing.
They really encouraged the younger ones to stand up and give it their all for the remainder of the season and beyond.

The night was great overall. It was full of laughter, memories and was definately worth the $30 that went towards the club and also some of it went towards buying memberships for the less fortunate people out there, so that they can attend games and support the club.

Also great seeing some saintsationalists in attendance. :D

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Bless you Bianca, being so young the names of the past players probably meant nothing to you. :wink:

They were Cowboy Neale, Michael Roberts, Allan Morrow & one of my favs. from the 70's Paul Callery. All spoke really well of their time at the club & what they have done since their playing days were over.

The current brigade were all interviewed & are all well spoken, intelligent young men. Definite bond between them.

Was just a brilliant night, I'm so glad I made the decision to attend & will be first in line for a ticket if they do a similiar thing next season.

saintm
Club Player

Thanks for the reports, girls.

Snoopygirl, is Paul Callery the same one that pops up on ABC Radio??

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Yeah, I'd say he would be. He's a sports psychologist who has assisted some of the Geelong players & helped them get their playing careers back on track. Was great listening to him speak even if he did have to stand on a chair to be seen. :shock: :lol:

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Paul Callery is indeed one and the same from ABC Radio.

And a shorter man you are never likely to meet.

Great bloke.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:Thanks for the reports, girls.

Snoopygirl, is Paul Callery the same one that pops up on ABC Radio??
yes he is the same person.

didzee
Club Player

I thought as well as the last b&f at crown, best saints function
i`ve been to.
All players were great,very approachable for photos or a chat,hope to see some pics on here soon.
Past players were awesome was feeling quite emotional as all talked about their time at the club.I could sit forever to hear them recall great times at my club.
Michael Roberts esp. i enjoyed, once when talking about times at the old SC I think, he stopped and said"I wish Barks was here" paused and said it again. :(
Matt Hardy was fantastic as always.
All in all a great night, well done to our Angels.
Cant wait for the next one.

Trevor1Barker

Proud player sponsor 2022
apple_corr39
Club Player

damn, i wish i went!! :cry:

St.Kenny
Club Player

Met a couple of Angels girls when I was up in Sydney. Good fun girls who lov the players and club. Privelidge to shar a game of pool with them.
k

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...