5aa

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

noddy

5aa

Just listening to the w ankers on 5aa and they said they had it from a "reliable" source that the Crows are looking to offer a Saints player a 3 year contract. They never mentioned the players name but is that allowable that they can approach a player from another club if he is still contracted? I thought of S Fisher ...is he out of contract at the end of the season? He is from here so..........Scumbag moronic crows :x :x :evil:
Last edited by noddy on Wed 15 Aug 2007 8:26pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: 5aa

noddy wrote:Just listening to the w ankers on 5aa and they said they had it from a "reliable" source that the Crows are looking to offer a Saints player a 3 year contrac. They never mentioned the players name butis that allowable that they can approach a player from another club if he is still cntracted? I thought of S Fisher ...is he out of contract at the end of the season? He is from here so..........Scumbag moronic crows :x :x :evil:
Has another year to go and isnt going anywhere as far as I know. Lives with Grammy and Ferg and loves Melbourne.

Snakeman66
Club Player

noddy wrote:Just listening to the w ankers on 5aa and they said they had it from a "reliable" source that the Crows are looking to offer a Saints player a 3 year contrac. They never mentioned the players name butis that allowable that they can approach a player from another club if he is still cntracted? I thought of S Fisher ...is he out of contract at the end of the season? He is from here so..........Scumbag moronic crows :x :x :evil:
My guess would be Kosi. Lack decent forwards.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
noddy

Thats good to know plugger.. you have any idea whom it may be?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

noddy wrote:Thats good to know plugger.. you have any idea whom it may be?
Cannot help you sorry.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

X ?

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintm
Club Player

noddy wrote: They never mentioned the players name but is that allowable that they can approach a player from another club if he is still contracted?
I'm thinking that the Clubs approach the player's manager and do not speak directly to the player.

devil saint
Club Player

X Clarke, well after his performance on saturday night.....anyway

Agreed that S.F. loves the melbourne lifestyle. Also he couldn't handle being away from grammy. He would miss their regular punting sessions

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd definitely trade Sam Fisher if the price was right.

However, the deal would have to be heavily skewed in our favour.

Something like Reilly + 1st round pick for S Fisher + 3rd round pick...

Never say never.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

As much as I love him, structurally Chips is one player we could afford to lose.

Don't take this the wrong way, but with Gilbert, Goose, Allen, Gram and BJ all young and capable of providing run from the backline (as well as playing tall), we certainly have the depth in this area.

Knights + 2nd round pick and I'd jump.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saintgus
Club Player

no way, i think it would be terrible if we lose Fisher. He's about our best player every week

Saints for the flag 2010
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:As much as I love him, structurally Chips is one player we could afford to lose.

Don't take this the wrong way, but with Gilbert, Goose, Allen, Gram and BJ all young and capable of providing run from the backline (as well as playing tall), we certainly have the depth in this area.

How do we know if Allan can provide run from the backline. He has played 6 games including practice matches and been forward in all of them. Sam Fisher is very very good player and we cannot afford to lose him.

Goose may never come back as good and the same with BJ. Gilbo as he gets noticed more will have more pressure on him and Grammy has been hot and cold this year.

loving_the_dal
Club Player

Oh When the Saints wrote:As much as I love him, structurally Chips is one player we could afford to lose.

um how about NO! Chips is very important to our structure.. we can not lose him! We need him.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Not one of your best OWTS.

Trading a young, etsbalished player who is only going to improve for unknowns?

Nup.

“Yeah….nah””
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:

Nup.
Teffer we agree. Wonders will never cease. Maybe the Saints will win a flag one day.

Snakeman66
Club Player

On the Crowmo board on Bigfooty(2008 puzzle) the talk there is Kosi.

Don't dwell on the past.
Look to the future.
saintrod
Club Player

Adelaide desperately need a quality key position forward. They have been looking for years and even wasted a couple of high draft picks on Carey in search of such a player.

Kosi is the only saint player out of contract that fits that bill. Doubt very much if Kosi would be interested but looks like he is planning to do contract negotiation at the end of the season presumably on the basis that this might lead to a bigger contract than what we would have offerred at the start of the season.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Disgraceful about S Fisher.

Anyone else notice how safe you feel when the ball is in his hands or when he goes up for a contest????? Its called CLASS

100 1st round draft picks CANT BUY THAT.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Spinner wrote:Disgraceful about S Fisher.

Anyone else notice how safe you feel when the ball is in his hands or when he goes up for a contest????? Its called CLASS

100 1st round draft picks CANT BUY THAT.
LOL - Pretty sure they could?

100 1st draft picks..sure there would be 1 or even 2 with some class?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Nup.
Teffer we agree. Wonders will never cease. Maybe the Saints will win a flag one day.
Believe or not, I agree with you too, Teffers. Except for describing Chips as "young". He isn't actually that young relative to most of the rest of our list (like Thommo, he came to the AFL relatively late in his football career).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

On Kosi ... doubt he'd go. He's a Victorian, and Adelaide's premiership hopes are no better than ours (probably worse). So there would be no real reason (certainly not financial) why he would leave ...

On S. Fisher ...

I must have left my rose-coloured glasses to gather dust today!

I reckon Chips is a gun, and certainly in our top five players.

But no-one is irreplacable (and especially a running half-back), and you wouldn't knock back the right deal if it were put on the table.

He's no Riewoldt.

That's all I'm saying.

But I hope he wins a B&F, gets AA honours and finishes a 200-game player for us ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

It couldnt be Fergus Watts?...thats crazy but.....IMO hes tradeable.........I personally would like to see (post gehrig) a Riewoldt CHF, Kosi FF anyway......

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Teflon wrote:

Nup.
Believe or not, I agree with you too, Teffers. Except for describing Chips as "young". He isn't actually that young relative to most of the rest of our list (like Thommo, he came to the AFL relatively late in his football career).
In that case you half agree MB ..........and thats ok.....your getting there....

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i wouldnot be surprised if watts wanted to go back to adelaide...at least they gave him a game occasionally......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i wouldnot be surprised if watts wanted to go back to adelaide...at least they gave him a game occasionally......
My thoughts too.

Hes not getting a game. Hes hearing the coach publicly back in Gehirg come hell or....

Hmmm...Adelaide wanted to keep him....

But if its Kosi - theyve got hold of their johncocks me thinks.

“Yeah….nah””