Member Services "REVIEW" !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Make some Darwin proof car stickers. I think mine lasted about 4 weeks max in the heat this year

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i understand that the older members feel they should get some recognition for their long term commitment but also you dont want to forget the new members and the first time members .
i think what the club need to do is make the members feel like they are part of the club i know of one family who have got memberships for mum dad and the daughter but this year with the membership tin being sent out they decided seeing as though they are in perth and not likly to get to melb to see any games they would save the $$ on the daugters membership as she had already got her goodies . i wonder how many others felt the same ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Winmarvellous
Club Player

And my brother, who also lives in Perth was denied a ticket to both games, even after registering for the first and told he had priority on the next game when he missed out. Flew over for Harve's 350th against Geelong, missed it, and was refused the privilege in his own backyard. Disgraceful. And no word back when e-mailed about it. Great way to keep your members. :x

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:And my brother, who also lives in Perth was denied a ticket to both games, even after registering for the first and told he had priority on the next game when he missed out. Flew over for Harve's 350th against Geelong, missed it, and was refused the privilege in his own backyard. Disgraceful. And no word back when e-mailed about it. Great way to keep your members. :x
its crap but sadly the saints cant be blamed for that the fact is we have over 1000 westernsaints members and only get 250-300 tickets ! so even if he missed the first game there was no sure fire way he was gunna get to the second game but he stood a better chance then those who went to the first game

did you go to the function after the first game im sure he would of had a good time there with a bit of luck the western saints will have another great function for next year as well .

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

StPeter wrote:What about rewarding years loyalty with priority tickets for the grand final if and when we make it?
KInd of happens now

If we ever make the GF and supply oustrips demand..Foundation SC members will have first access to GF tix

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Heres a crazy one..reward LOYALTY!!!In short, we are members of a Club..every effort should be made to make us FEEL LIKE WE ARE!!!!
The members (and other supporters who aren't paid up) LOVE the St Kilda Football Club.

How about the St Kilda Football Club starts LOVING its Members?

We shell out the bikkies every year to do what's right by the Club. We follow the Club through thick and thin EVERY year - we ride every bump, tackle and get pumped with every goal that we see kicked by the boys.

We have put money into the Club when it was struggling. We treat the St Kilda Football Club as our home on the weekend.

A win on the weekend is a good Monday at work or school (or even lining up at Centrelink for those without a job), where we can laud it over our work or school colleages. A loss on the weekend usually ends up being on the receiving ends of sniggers and sarcastic pity(which ensures lively debating until 1pm on a Monday afternoon!!!!)

What does the St Kilda Football Club give back to its members?

Honestly?

Unfortunately this football club's treatment towards its members doesn't resemble its motto "Fortius Quo Fidelius"...........

We just want some friggin rewards. It's not difficult!

Spinner wrote:WE really do get dicked compared to club members of other teams.
12 words which make perfect sense. Spot on!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Id save $$ and merge 'member services' with 'training services'......theyve both done shyte jobs so the only way is up....

“Yeah….nah””
Juggernaut
Club Player

This is my beef with the club
They treat the members second class yet its the very people that keep the club going.
My Pencil case turned up delivered by obviously a filth supporter it was completely mangled even the wanky pin inside had pushed through the tin

As in a previous thread I metioned that when we lost the Bill Express sponsorship to the tune of 1/2 a million bucks a season it pails into insignificance if we got another 10,000 basic 11 game members at $160 a pop means 1.6 million bucks a season.
Give the kids stuff they would like with their memberships like Tatoos face paint etc and adult members Caps
Apparently Archie had a marketing study done with focus groups etc and this years marketing push had ticked all the boxes. There is no need with the high priced studies, just send a flier to all the members asking what they would like and put the savings back into the clubs coffers.

The strength behind you is always greater than the challenge in front of you
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 4:50am, edited 1 time in total.

villasaint
Club Player

i dont really care what i get with my membershiip. i have a full membership and have only been 2 three games because of work. I know that my money goes towards supporting the club I love and thats all that matters. Not some pencil case, cap, scarf or other crap. Must agree though that the website is total crap, not many articles ancient information and too late to update the latest news

widereceiver
Club Player

I would appreciate the club asking us for a slogan if the best they can come up with is believe or burn. Further, the font they chose makes it read believe or bum.

Whether that is a statement on the attractiveness of the style we were planning to play, I can't say.

While we shouldn't expect it to be Santa time, because a freakin' PREMIERSHIP should be what we want, the swag was all junk - pencil case warped in the mail - badge crap - logo crap and calendar - better than last year's but still crap. The lanyard is cheese - I use last year's, which was still red.
Richmond's lanyard is very smart and comfortable while ours would be suitable for garroting a chicken. Aren't the Tiges on the bottom of the ladder?

I'd rather have a cap -predominantly black with white and red - or a scarf predominantly black with white and red than all this junk from a second-rate showbag.

And please p*ss off the Target away strip, it is cheap and nasty looking. There have been better submissions on this site than Archie's artist came up with.
God bless

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
Winmarvellous
Club Player

its crap but sadly the saints cant be blamed for that the fact is we have over 1000 westernsaints members and only get 250-300 tickets ! so even if he missed the first game there was no sure fire way he was gunna get to the second game but he stood a better chance then those who went to the first game

did you go to the function after the first game im sure he would of had a good time there with a bit of luck the western saints will have another great function for next year as well .
I went to the function, and had a blast. My bro was working and couldn't make it. I thought we were allocated 700-800 tix, or that was what I was told when requesting tix. Still, to tell someone they will DEFINITELY get tix, and then not even reply when questioned through the proper channels afterwards, is not the way to treat members who pay yearly for at least a little courtesy for their money. If we can't get tickets to the game it's the least we can expect for our hard earned.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:
I'd ask for more grass roots functions that don't cost an arm an leg.
sounds like if you put your skirt on AOK you could've gone to the Angels function as it only cost 30 bucks.

Perhaps they could have a similar thing for blokes only (ie. a few players in attendance, strippers, pizza and beer) and it would make for a good night if it was only 30 to 50 bucks ish per head!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:

I went to the function, and had a blast. My bro was working and couldn't make it. I thought we were allocated 700-800 tix, or that was what I was told when requesting tix. Still, to tell someone they will DEFINITELY get tix, and then not even reply when questioned through the proper channels afterwards, is not the way to treat members who pay yearly for at least a little courtesy for their money. If we can't get tickets to the game it's the least we can expect for our hard earned.
we used to get more tickets to the dockers games but due to their membership rise and the WAFC stupid rule that a certain ammount of tickets have to be solld to the genral public our ticket allocation was slashed . who ever said he would definietly get tix was wrong to do so even if every one from the first game missed out on the second there would still be 400 who would miss on the second as we have over 1000 members in WA

this is also why its pointless building a 50k seat stadium when the eagles have over 45k member plus the genral admission seats we would still not be able to get every member a ticket any thing less then a 60k seat stadium in perth would be a waste of time !

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:

we used to get more tickets to the dockers games but due to their membership rise and the WAFC stupid rule that a certain ammount of tickets have to be solld to the genral public our ticket allocation was slashed . who ever said he would definietly get tix was wrong to do so even if every one from the first game missed out on the second there would still be 400 who would miss on the second as we have over 1000 members in WA

this is also why its pointless building a 50k seat stadium when the eagles have over 45k member plus the genral admission seats we would still not be able to get every member a ticket any thing less then a 60k seat stadium in perth would be a waste of time !
probably your best solution is pack up and move to Melbourne - no issues at Telstra Dome for Saints fans!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:

probably your best solution is pack up and move to Melbourne - no issues at Telstra Dome for Saints fans!
yeah but you mining industry aint that great over there :lol:

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Saintspremiers, plenty of blokes in attendance last night.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:
I'd ask for more grass roots functions that don't cost an arm an leg.
sounds like if you put your skirt on AOK you could've gone to the Angels function as it only cost 30 bucks.

Perhaps they could have a similar thing for blokes only (ie. a few players in attendance, strippers, pizza and beer) and it would make for a good night if it was only 30 to 50 bucks ish per head!
there were some males who attended. It wasn't a female only function.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Saintspremiers, plenty of blokes in attendance last night.
OK, sorry didn't realise males were welcome....