Member Services "REVIEW" !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Member Services "REVIEW" !!

Should the club conduct a review of the services it provides to members at the end of the year?

If so, should they try to involve as many member groups as possible (incl Moorabbin Wing & Saintsational?

What would we like to see them do better than they do now?

What do they do well now (eg. Age subscription)?

A few things I would like them to include in the review;

Those pencil case thingys. Scrap them in favor of better quality lanyards, car stickers etc.

Better Communication with members. The re-development saga is a prime example of them not informing the members.

Recognition of (unofficial) groups like the Moorabbin Wing. An idea that springs to mind is negotiating a "restricted area" for MW patrons only at home games.

Member input into future club merchandise.

A $100 club. This would be for individuals and small business who wish to get on the club's sponsors list (Club Membership would be a pre-requirement)

Exclusive StKFC merchandise stands at ALL home games. Close Beyond Sport which is owned & operated by Essendon FC.

Please feel free to add to this list !!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Re: Member Services "REVIEW" !!

Eastern wrote:Should the club conduct a review of the services it provides to members at the end of the year?

If so, should they try to involve as many member groups as possible (incl Moorabbin Wing & Saintsational?

What would we like to see them do better than they do now?

What do they do well now (eg. Age subscription)?

A few things I would like them to include in the review;

Those pencil case thingys. Scrap them in favor of better quality lanyards, car stickers etc.

Better Communication with members. The re-development saga is a prime example of them not informing the members.

Recognition of (unofficial) groups like the Moorabbin Wing. An idea that springs to mind is negotiating a "restricted area" for MW patrons only at home games.

Member input into future club merchandise.

A $100 club. This would be for individuals and small business who wish to get on the club's sponsors list (Club Membership would be a pre-requirement)

Exclusive StKFC merchandise stands at ALL home games. Close Beyond Sport which is owned & operated by Essendon FC.

Please feel free to add to this list !!
i concur about beyond sport, we should have saints spruikers outside.

i often go past and ask directions to the saints merchandise store in a loud voice:)

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

they do have this eastern
near gate 6

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Saints_45
Club Player

Agree with saintbrat and also a marquee out on the concourse.
All run by the saints merchandise store team.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
near gate 6
Yes Brat, they do.

But not what you would call a PRIME POSITION compared to Beyond Sport. Also, I think we should have at least two !!

noddy

I would like to see ALL interstate full social club members get something in lieu of missing out on the Age subscription..
I am not having a whinge but i pay the same as any social club member with a 11 game entry thingyand dont get the AGE.
For us to attend(4 adult social club members) a game in Melbourne is a very expensive operation(we lovbe being members) as do all interstate members. I feel we get very little for our hard earned bucks

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

whatever happened to "The Saint"

I spent $300.00 on my social club membership and due to work have only been able to make it to 1 game this season

would be nice if the package got u something other than match entry for guys who don't get to the games as often as they would like

casey scorp
Club Player

noddy wrote:I would like to see ALL interstate full social club members get something in lieu of missing out on the Age subscription..
I am not having a whinge but i pay the same as any social club member with a 11 game entry thingyand dont get the AGE.
The Age wasn't free this year - cost an extra $25 if you wanted it - still really good value. I tried to talk people into buying St Kilda memberships just to get The Age subscription for $25. Didn't work though!!

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Just give me a member cap....Thats all i ask....Ive written emails to the club in previous years with no response.

WE really do get dicked compared to club members of other teams.

casey scorp
Club Player

The member scarf was a good addition this year - even if it cost $15.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

casey scorp wrote:The member scarf was a good addition this year - even if it cost $15.

No. Thats not a good idea. Its not good marketing/business if you make supporters feel like all they do is give money.

I think our membership figures reflect that.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

regular/daily changes to website AS we make money from it- MAKE it worth visiting.

alerts on front page of website to new information

competitions - or even simple quizzes. games to get people coming back to website

regular updates of player quotes, player page for questions,or wishes- easily found ( 'sainters say' to hard to find,) captains page has dissappeared

as there is heaps of information available the alert system would make it easier for people to check out new info
saints based e-cards-

other;
a PERSON at reception to take information,

membership system has a couple of times 'mucked it up'; when sending out packages and cards- anyway of ensure the SUPPLIER is spot on?

Positives- the photo gallaries are being updated fairly quickly,
Last edited by saintbrat on Tue 14 Aug 2007 11:43pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
mcadam05
Club Player

heres a crazy idea HOW about a socal club that shows StKilda games from interstate!!!

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

The MW seating issue will definately taken up with the Club in the off-season..

Heres a crazy one..reward LOYALTY!!!

Many members put their hands in their pockets many many years running and recieve no recognition. Im stealing ideas from the Tigers and possibly others here but..what about..

Levels of membership..Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum depending on years of consecutive membership. Rewards can include special merchandise for long serving members..and Social functions (Fr instance Richmond hold a free "Cocktail party" at Crown every year for members of 5 years or more standing. Its a little bit of extra incentive to not miss a year.

Scrap that tin box and make sure that ONLY members have access to merchandise branding you as a member.

the website needs a total revamp, but with the current arrangement the AFL have, I cant see that happening

In short, we are members of a Club..every effort should be made to make us FEEL LIKE WE ARE!!!!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
asiu

absolutely agree

reward loyalty

this years push to target those 'supposed' 400,000 saint supporters australia wide ....before the 32,000 who actually care enough to get involved reeked of 'being taken for granted' to me

Goody
Club Player

I have to agree with Spinner about the cap. My wife is a Port supporter( yeah I know!!!!) and she gets a cap, my good mate is a Pie supporter ( yeah I know again) and he gets a cap and even my best mate who is a country/interstate Roo's supporter gets a cap.
I got a pencil case!!!!!
I'm 42, not 10
Give the pencil cases to the junior supporters who will actually use them.
Even our membership badges have gone crap, this years is horrible. Who designs these things? Out of 10 years the only one I like was the year Blighty shafted us.
They really need to consult the fans more I think

Goody

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
near gate 6
cannot close Beyond Sport. restraint of trade, i would think.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Good calls 66 and gaz... completely agree.

Loyalty programs are a fantastic idea and should seriously be looked at. Like many others, my family and I have been members for many years but still dont get recognised (and i dont mean any publick showing of gratitude, just that we dont exactly feel 'part of it' - especially this year). Our marketing team seems to be stuck in the dark ages at the moment while other sides membership numbers seem to be growing.

The Peanut
Club Player

A friend who is a member at Hawthorn apparently gets a scarf each year with a number on it reflecting the number of years that he has been a member. During the past couple of years when the Hawks were way down and he wasn't attending as many games as normal he told me that he was thinking about letting his membership go, but decided not to because he would have to start on number 1 again - re scarf. A good incentive and bragging rights

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

So that scarf would only be good for one year? (out of date == lesser bragging rights)

The Peanut
Club Player

yea - I forget exactly how it works - It must have the current year and number of years as a member

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Yes the Club needs to lift it's game members wise.

Archie will need to make sure that the 2008 Membership Packages and Promotion is a stp up from what has happened the last 12 months.

With exiting Tassie and GT, membership numbers were always going to bea struggle this year, BUT even so the Club's relationship with its members has not been well handled this year.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

yep, agree with most of the posts on here.

would love a loyalty scarf with "20 year member" on it or similar...

Our membership dept are PATHETIC re virtually everything they do.

They simply sat on their rectums and just hoped on field success would do the trick and forgot we are about the biggest bandwagon club membership wise in the AFL.

Heaven help us if we become a bottom 4 side again - can't imagine we'd ever crack 30,000 members like the Beggars have achieved this year, it's not like our supporters don't have money, it's just they can't be bothered becoming members without any incentive.....

It's a MUST DO for our club for 2008 to do something tangible and of REAL benefit to adult fans.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

wheres the value in paying $100 for a country membership to get into 5 home games?

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
StPeter
Club Player

What about rewarding years loyalty with priority tickets for the grand final if and when we make it?