Will Roo get AA berth?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:...and the selectors love to show how smart they are by selecting someone from left field).
Here's one from left field for ya....Brad Fisher.

Has kicked 35 goals so far this year in a team sitting 15th and missed 2-3 games with injury throughout the year. Has consistently kicked 2-3 goals a game and pound for pound is one of the best overhead pack marks in the league.

A potential AA birth if we want to overlook the traditional names.
I would say Kade Simpson as well... not for forward line, but a spot on the interchange maybe. Had a very good season from all reports and would be close to favourite for ya B&F.

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

n1ck wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:
BAM! (shhhh) wrote:...and the selectors love to show how smart they are by selecting someone from left field).
Here's one from left field for ya....Brad Fisher.

Has kicked 35 goals so far this year in a team sitting 15th and missed 2-3 games with injury throughout the year. Has consistently kicked 2-3 goals a game and pound for pound is one of the best overhead pack marks in the league.

A potential AA birth if we want to overlook the traditional names.
I would say Kade Simpson as well... not for forward line, but a spot on the interchange maybe. Had a very good season from all reports and would be close to favourite for ya B&F.
Since being made the stand-in captain, absolutely. Earlier in the year he was a bit off the ball.

Carrazzo on the other hand has been in pretty good form all year and is a shoe-in for the B+F (depending on how well Fish is rated). Whether he has the year to oust some out and out stars for an AA midfield spot (or bench) i dont know.

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Will be interesting. Usually a ruckman or midfileder fills at least one forward spot (ie Everitt FP), but I think MacIntosh and Cox will be named with one IC. Brent Harvey, Ablett, Bartell, Judd (let's not forget he was almost unbackable midyear for the Brownlow), Kerr, Hodge (probably HB), will all be vying for midfield guernseys, and I dare say they'll fill a HFF with one.

jackal
Club Player

Roo may just miss out but will be close. Pav and J.Brown certainties and if Fev gets up in the Coleman (or Franklin for that matter) will snag a 3rd tall spot.

Personally I think the Sammy Fisher and Roo are the only 2 contenders for all OZ that we have. Cos we were so poor for so many games this year (including games we have won) they both copuld miss out. Let's hope this isn't the case.