Campbell Brown re Chris Judd - "On the Couch"

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintm
Club Player

Campbell Brown re Chris Judd - "On the Couch"

Thought it was a strange thing to say last night and was just watching Fox Sports News channel where they replayed, in part, an interview from last night with Campbell Brown where he basically admitted to fibbing to get Chris Judd off an eye-gouging charge earlier in the year.

Is this something that will be investigated further by the AFL or do we all still accept that players lose parts of their memory at the tribunal to help each other out?

I recall that Aaron Hamill and Ty Zantuck (pretty sure it was him) were investigated by the AFL a couple of years ago for collusion after Hamill was reported and found guilty of tripping Zantuck.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Suprised me too - and good on him for being honest.

But, to be fair, I think players understand the 'heat of the moment' thing, especially if it hasn't been a shockingly bad incident.

Had Brown's eye been damaged, I'd say things would have been different.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

do the crime do the time.

with WCE name tarnished and Judd being about the only good thing at the club of course the AFL wanted to stick their head in the sand.

I notice no legal action from braun to date...and the AFL destroyed (allegedly :roll: ) samples taken from players previously...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
golden hawk
Club Player

i wanted Judd done for that was not happy he got off keep meaning to ask Browny why he fibbed cause we all knew he did the dirty deed

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i remember the eye gouge incedent and my out rage of judd getting off for it
it should be a clean and simple rule : touch the eyes your out for 2 weeks

i personally know a person who has lost theire eye from a similar event and i can tell you it doesnt matter if its in the heat of the game or a pub brawl any perso who go's for the eyes is a low down dirty dog of a person the eyes should be protected !

i lost a lot of respect for judd for doing that it made him no better then libba in my eyes
i wish the afl had treated judd as if it were baker and thrown the book at him for it !!

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Behind Play
Club Player

The footage I saw on the incident, a blind man could tell Brown was fibbing. However, the tribunal still allowed Judd to be exonerated.

Lets be honest Brown only confirmed what everyone knew,but it didn't suit the AFL to interfere, as they did with Hall.

golden hawk
Club Player

AFL have a lot to answer for i reckon they can be shocking at times and players or clubs can not ask why or can they look at this cause they will be fined

SB10
Club Player

Was amazed myself when Brown said that on Foxtel last night. He came straight out and said he lied to the tribunal to get Judd off and that he was actually eye gouged. Even said Judd sent him a text message of thanks!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

lol 2 weeks to brown for lying at the tribunal :lol:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SB10
Club Player

Campbell Brown is about to cop it big time!

AFL has just released a statement saying they are investigating Brown's comments from last night that he lied in the tribunal to get Judd off.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Typical response from the AFL. Been caught out like the fools that they are so they'll go after the victim. :roll:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

snoopygirl wrote:Typical response from the AFL. Been caught out like the fools that they are so they'll go after the victim. :roll:
Nah, they will love this. Brown gave them a way of getting their poster boy off, even though it was obvious from the footage what happened.

Now, they get to whack Brown , and point the finger at him as being the problem.

Ando and dimentiou will gleefully stab him in the throat.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

My point exactly. Brown was the victim originally & will now be made out to be the bad guy.

asiu

just watched it ....certainly made for good telly ....

but i dont think it was real smart

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Smart and the Brown family don't exactly go hand-in-hand.