Dal too join select few at StKilda

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mcadam05
Club Player

Dal too join select few at StKilda

This week Dal will play his 100th consecutive game for St Kilda becoming the 3rd Stk player too do so

123 Ian Synman
103 Stuart Trott
99* Nick DalSanto
99 Geoff Cunningham

* still going

I would love too hear from anyone the story behind Joffa getting droped on 99

Persuader
Club Player

No small achievement in this injury riddled team.
Congratulations Dal. Long may you run.

Founding member of the Jason Blake Appreciation Society
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Interesting to note that Dal was about our only young mid who did not balloon up with too much weight training......

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Bono
Club Player

The story behind Joffa getting dropped after 99 matches was that the person who's record he would have broken four matches later was on the StKFC Board, and didnt want his record overtaken by Joffa. Selfish. Simple as that. He played in the 2's at the G and was back in the team the next week.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

Bono wrote:The story behind Joffa getting dropped after 99 matches was that the person who's record he would have broken four matches later was on the StKFC Board, and didnt want his record overtaken by Joffa. Selfish. Simple as that. He played in the 2's at the G and was back in the team the next week.
I have no idea if that's actually true. But if it is, it provides a nice little snapshot to the club mindset that has only brought us one flag in 130-odd years of existence.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:The story behind Joffa getting dropped after 99 matches was that the person who's record he would have broken four matches later was on the StKFC Board, and didnt want his record overtaken by Joffa. Selfish. Simple as that. He played in the 2's at the G and was back in the team the next week.
That is absolute rubbish.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Remember when they wouldn't play NDS in 2003?

...and when they eventually put him in, he was just awesome.

Apparently he did his hamstring two or three times, but was still left out even when fit. Amazing.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

??So you expect us to believe that the Coach and selection committee of the time would go along with such a shallow reason.....for a record that is not even that big a deal in the first place????? :shock: :shock:

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

??So you expect us to believe that the Coach and selection committee of the time would go along with such a shallow reason.....for a record that is not even that big a deal in the first place????? :shock: :shock:
It wasnt even the record anyway it was the second most games.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:

Well I heard that Jim Watts has left his job at the AFL to join the StKilda Board and eventually become President so that he can force the Coach to select his son.

In fact I think I started that rumour earlier today so it must be true. :wink: :wink:

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Congrats to Dal on that awesome achievement

Oh brother, any achievement/milestone games, WE SUCK AT THEM
don't count harves 350th, they owed him that.
:)

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
loving_the_dal
Club Player

Re: Dal too join select few at StKilda

mcadam05 wrote:This week Dal will play his 100th consecutive game for St Kilda becoming the 3rd Stk player too do so

123 Ian Synman
103 Stuart Trott
99* Nick Dal Santo
99 Geoff Cunningham

* still going

I would love too hear from anyone the story behind Joffa getting droped on 99
nICE. wELL dONE dALLY. :D

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Well I heard that Jim Watts has left his job at the AFL to join the StKilda Board and eventually become President so that he can force the Coach to select his son.
Great rumour, I'd run with that one

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Stephen Theodore wrote:
Go for it! :)

Maybe it will be in the mainstream media soon? :D

yipper
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:

Don't worry - Caroline Wilson will quote it as something she has received from her very reliable sources!!

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Stephen Theodore wrote:

Don't worry - Caroline Wilson will quote it as something she has received from her very reliable sources!!
No-one calls me reliable, not even my wife! :)

Mooksy
Club Player

Does anyone get the feeling now this has been posted, Dal will get injured? Sanme thing happened earlier in the year with Kosi. Don't tempt fate people.

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:Remember when they wouldn't play NDS in 2003?

...and when they eventually put him in, he was just awesome.

Apparently he did his hamstring two or three times, but was still left out even when fit. Amazing.
I rember goign to Sydney about 2003, we had just been beaten four games in a row, and Baker was challenging a suspension when that big log stood on his foot. I spoke to Craig Callaghan at training during the week, and he said they'd had sorted things out and were ready for Sydney. Told him I'd see him there. Not sure he made the trip.

I remember that night, Jason Blake was first thrown into the ruck, Nick Riewoldt kicked a great goal from the boundary at 50m.

Anyway, yes, Dal did play well that night.

We didn't win, but were right in it until about 10 mins to go.... a similiar story to this year. They blew us apart after that.

Too lazy to update my username
Zed
SS Hall of Fame

and Jack Thompson was the coach,
and wasnt Graham Kennedy the club president ?

it all sounds a bit like a movie plot ..

sheesh :roll:

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

Congrats on 100 , but honestly how many of those games have been below par for Dal's talent. I believe he could be as good as Judd , if he took on more people and had more shots at goal ! ( Iknow he gets tagged each week ,all good mid fielders do )