GT wants $60000 in holiday pay

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Is it wrong to want both GT to stop "telling tales" in the media and the StKFC to stop "telling tales" to the media?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fair call JD

I dont listen to SEN generally so I am taking what folks here say as truth.

either way, i wish it would all go away and we can win games

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
yipper
SS Life Member

I don't care how it got into the media - it is there .... again!! Totally fed up with GT's issues with his ex-employer, enough already.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:same here.

sick of the revisionist history about his coaching by those have an agenda.

sick of GT being a idiot in the press, on the radio and his fights with St Kilda. I wish for the sake of us, his family and the club he pays his debts, pays of his house and gets a good job.

I think if he got the bill express job and out of the media that would ahve been the best for himself, the family, the club etc, i suspect however some folks want to see him fail at everything and would be laughing if he lost his home, i suspect also given his recent activities he might not be that well himself and folks are rejoicing in his recent behaviour. etc.

I find the whole situation depressing and just another episode in the st kilda drama.

Glad Butters has STFU and has gone back to running the club.

would like to see some good football, and for us to go back to discussing how much we gonna whup the opposition by :(
Well written Dan!

Personally I have had enough of Butterss as I have little doubt he is the mole in Caro’s ear, I have no proof but from what I have witnessed of the guy believe this would be his modus operandi!

I have had a gut full and then a whole lot more right down to my A$$HOLE of grant ‘F-cking’ Thomas. IMO he is just as slimy as the president but a hell of a lot more manipulative in his attempts to gain the sympathy of the St Kilda faithful. I believe he’d be rubbing his stubbing fingers together in glee at the clubs current predicament and I believe many long time Thomas supporters are now thinking enough is enough - move on.

I wish he’d P!ss off for good and we never hear of him again.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Life Long Saint wrote:Is it wrong to want both GT to stop "telling tales" in the media and the StKFC to stop "telling tales" to the media?
I reckon you are spot on with both requests!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

blah blah blah. The debate predictably turns to a stoush between those defending GT vs those ripping shreads off him .
I personally couldn't give a toss about Thomas and his claims. If the terms of his contract say he's entitled to holiday pay, then pay it and shut the f*** up. If it doesn't, then he should do likewise. Either way, am SOOOOOOO over still talking about him a,most a year since he's been sacked.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:blah blah blah. The debate predictably turns to a stoush between those defending GT vs those ripping shreads off him .
I personally couldn't give a toss about Thomas and his claims. If the terms of his contract say he's entitled to holiday pay, then pay it and shut the f*** up. If it doesn't, then he should do likewise. Either way, am SOOOOOOO over still talking about him a,most a year since he's been sacked.
Yeah st.byron you are correct, but he is still linked to the saints and we are sytill talking/ writing about him!

Why is this? I can't answer it.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

If 'Caro the Liar' and 'Hutchy the Tosser' were correct in what they said on Footy Gossip last night, it would appear that GT has aunched an 'ambit claim' at teh Saints including anything his advisers (legal and financial) could include. Much like when a Union puts up an 'ambit claim' to the government for far more than they actually expect to receive.

I would think that the 'holiday pay' part of the claim is just a 'bargaining chip' in the whole exercise.

Just like the RB Loan has been eventually settled by mediation (RB has apparently accepted less than he sued for), this claim by GT on the Club will probably also go to mediation and some sort of settlement will be reached.

It would appear that either 1 or both parties is quite prepared to use the media to assist their position. Unlike JeffDunne, I don't think the case is cut and dried that it must be the Saints leaking as it may well be someone from the GT camp briefing 'Caro the Liar' and others to make sure the story gets out and places pressure on the Saints to 'deal'. Then again, JeffDunne may be absolutely correct. None of us will ever know the truth unless the person doing the leaking admits it.

JeffDunne

MM, how would the story getting out put pressure on the club? For the life of me I don't see how it could.

I'm not even claiming the club leaked this - it wouldn't surprise me if Caro is doing what's she's best at. "Of course there's going to be innuendo if people don't talk" was her explaination the last time she was caught out fabricating stories about GT.

I see no reason why GT would want this public - let alone feed her of all people with the story - so I don't understand why people are fingering him for yet another GT & St Kilda story in the press.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Who cares if it is in the press????

The key issue is that GT wants $200,000 out of my club....

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

in the end, ego's form both sides will not relent so this crap is going to continue for a while longer one would feel

i for one am glad i have not taken any interest in this whole charade of back and forth verbalisms

don't know what is going on and don't care

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

correct me if in mistaken but isnt spida everit called a cancer on the club for making similar claims for money ?
again for the sake of the club gt needs to not talk bout st kilda and st kilda need to stop talking bout GT !!!

i can tell you all the talk over the last month with board challanges ect i can tell you if GT is involved in any way with the running of this club again it will be a huge step backwards the GT era is over and we all need to move on
cant the partys see we are becoming a laffing stock down st kilda with this bickering betwwen GT and the club if GT has the best intrest of the club he would stop and if the club wants to move forward it needs to stop looking over its sholder for GT

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
JeffDunne

We became a laughing stock when we claimed we would have sacked the coached even if he won a flag.

Not only did we say it - we repeated it. :shock:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:We became a laughing stock when we claimed we would have sacked the coached even if he won a flag.
So that would have happened if we had have won the flag?

Hypotheticals.

We never won the flag. the coach had us on a downhill path 3rd, 3rd, 8th.

If you believe he would have been sacked if the Saints had have won the 2006 you are delusional.

Just because someone (who was ity BTW and have you got a link?) doesn't make it true.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:MM, how would the story getting out put pressure on the club? For the life of me I don't see how it could.

I'm not even claiming the club leaked this - it wouldn't surprise me if Caro is doing what's she's best at. "Of course there's going to be innuendo if people don't talk" was her explaination the last time she was caught out fabricating stories about GT.

I see no reason why GT would want this public - let alone feed her of all people with the story - so I don't understand why people are fingering him for yet another GT & St Kilda story in the press.
JD, let me be a tad machievalian (spelling?) and paint a possible scenario - maybe far-fetched but still possible.

GT knows that the journalist that likes him least at the moment is the one he called a 'liar' - Caro.
GT wants the story in the media as he feels that it is to his advantage to have Saints fans sympathetic to him in his attempt to get what he feels is rightfully his (monies owed)
He knows he cannot leak it to Caro directly so he gets someone he knows to leak it to Caro on the basis that 'this is not coming from Thommo'. Caro is 'hoodwinked' as to the real 'leaker' and runs the story.

Surely the response on this forum, "If GT is owed the money then the Club should pay him' type posts, is reflective of the general feelings of Saints fans and immediately the Club are forced on to the back foot and either say nothing or are forced to defend why they have taken the position they have.

Sound familiar? The current industrial actions by the Police Association and Nurses against the Government. I would bet that it is not the Government 'leaking' the demands of these 2 Unions to the Media.

Now I'm certainly not saying that GT did this, I'm only pointing out a possible way that he could have, if he wanted to.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:The key issue is that GT wants $200,000 out of my club....
Should not matter if it is GT or JC...if the club owes somebody money then they should pay.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

well Im certain we dont need this shyte from GT, RB, St Kilda or anyone else.

its much more fun when we can lambast carlton, melbourne, freo etc for their actions.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:We became a laughing stock when we claimed we would have sacked the coached even if he won a flag.
So that would have happened if we had have won the flag?

Hypotheticals.

We never won the flag. the coach had us on a downhill path 3rd, 3rd, 8th.

If you believe he would have been sacked if the Saints had have won the 2006 you are delusional.

Just because someone (who was ity BTW and have you got a link?) doesn't make it true.
Did I say I believed it?

Fair dinkum jb, you're sounding more like "Andrew" every day.

Here jb, I'll make it simple for you. The reason the comment was so stupid and why it made it a laughing stock, is that our president & ceo were delusional enough to think anyone would buy it. Actually they were delusional enough to think people would buy any of their lame-arse excuses for the decision.
Last edited by JeffDunne on Tue 14 Aug 2007 1:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Who cares if it is in the press????

The key issue is that GT wants $200,000 out of my club....

EXACTLY

RB & GT both confirmed publicly, when Thomas's last contract was signed that

1. Thomas wanted a $500,000 bonus for a premiership

2. The club agreed to the $500,000 bonus, only in the second premiership season, if this occured

3. The club then as a result of Thomas's performance based criteria, inserted it's own clause, that the contract could be terminated at any time without any finacial obligation or liability

The club and Thomas signed off on this

Thomas agreed to these terms and conditions

If Thomas had stayed with a normal contract and didn't see extra dollar signs and attempt to negotiate $500,000 bonuses to begin with, the club would have been obligated to pay out his contract

The club, although not obligated to pay him one cent, allegedly chose to pay Thomas a settlement based on certain conditions, with the proviso being, he go quietly and not interfere both publicly or privately, behind the scenes

Now apparently Thomas is aside from other claims, wanting $60,000 in holiday pay

This is extortion and a try on, to a football club he claims he loves :roll:

I don't know about anyone else, but to my mind, Thomas recieved 2.5 million dollars for his five years as coach and I would have thought that was very tidy sum, for an untried coach with absolutely no previous AFL coaching experience

If Thomas truly loved the club he would not be threatening legal action, to claim amongst other things $60,000 for holiday pay

To think of Trevor Barker someone who truly loved the club and truly bled red, white and black, who gave up so much, handing back a car he won worth around $60,000 to help keep the club in existence, to even say the same of Thomas is a fair dinkum disgrace

When the club was at it's lowest ebb and not even expected to be in existence as the club we know today, so many, many players took 22.5 cents in the dollar and made the sacrifice to help keep the club alive

Well not Grant Thomas, he made very sure he recieved every cent coming to him and then when he thought he could make more money for himself elsewhere, did a runner and went to North

The club that so many former players made incredible sacrifices for is now seemingly viewed as just another cash cow, for this slimy backroom operator

The only bleeding of red, white and black that Grant Thomas does comes off the clubs bottomline

Do not pay him one more cent of the CLUB'S MONEY

Gee, I thought the 2.5 million he already has been paid, to be a fair whack to begin with

If anyone should be getting paid out it's the former players who made the sacrifice so many years ago taking 22.5 cents in the dollar, that have ensured that this football club is still in existence today and that most certainly does NOT include Grant Thomas

$60,000 for holiday pay :roll:

FAIR DINKUM

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
JeffDunne

Andrew, can I ask a simple question?

How in God's name do you know what he's asking for and what he's threatening?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to know as well if you have facts or if this is all just your opinion?

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

JD discuss the issue wth joffaburns, joffa boy etc, most of them can argue a point wether you agree with them or not. I dont always agree with mr magic, nick, JBoy JBurns, and less and less so on this board, but B4E and teffers are just unwell at the moment.

i think if GT died of a slow and painful disease and his family was sold to slavery that would make B4E happy.

most everyone else is just over it. Even the most ardent GT critic or Fan have moved on.

sadly i think some of them want st kilda to fail so they can chant their new mantra of list management :roll:

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

I know where you're coming from Dan, I've already given up on Teffers.

I live in hope though Andrew might answer a question rather than reading from a pre-prepared speach. It should help his therapy.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Fair dinkum jb, you're sounding more like "Andrew" every day.
Oh and that is a derisive insult? Carry on :wink:
JeffDunne wrote:Here jb, I'll make it simple for you.
Love this line on an internet forum. We need a thumbs up emoticon
JeffDunne wrote: The reason the comment was so stupid and why it made it a laughing stock, is that our president & ceo were delusional enough to think anyone would buy it. Actually they were delusional enough to think people would buy any of their lame-arse excuses for the decision.
Oh fair dinkum? Geez JD you sound more and more like RogerFox everyday :D

And who were the people laughing at us JD? As far as i can remember everyone in the media and football world went soft on the STKFC admin because they had done what they, the AFL admin, and the media had wanted, and gotten rid of Grant Thomas.

Nobody was laughing at St.Kilda, the football industry and provincial small town mentality footy community was happy to see the back of Thomas (rightly or wrongly) and the Saints were allowed to say anything they wanted.

Got the link to where they stated they would sack Thomas even if he had won the 2006 flag? Only place I ever heard that was from Caro.

BTW thats not inferring it was never said or you are making it up, I would really like to read the doofus who actually said such a thing.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:I'd like to know as well if you have facts or if this is all just your opinion?
Ok, perhaps I should have used the word allegedly wants $60,000 in holiday pay

the rest is gospel

indisputable

the contract stuff was confirmed by both Thomas and Butterss when his last contract was signed

amazing how few around here actually pay attention

I found the contract clauses to be very eyebrow raising at the time

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.