GT wants $60000 in holiday pay

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

GT wants $60000 in holiday pay

All part of his $200,000 claim

As stated by Caro

Plus RB and GT signed off on the $1.14 million...though evidently was significantly discounted...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

gee wish i could get that much from holidays...

but dont rely on caro as a source.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Evidently claims he never tooka holiday...so wants to be paided now.....

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The hush money was evidently only meant to be $100,000 but GT never actually signed....so the money is not owed....but GT wants it anyway.

Not sure what the other $40,000 is for?????

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

oh dear

he gets the position as coach through a farcical process

he gets $500,000 straight up with no previous experience :shock:

tries to negotiate a $500,000 bonus into his contract for a premiership

the board eventually decide to agree to this bonus for two premierships in the second premiership season

but insert a clause that he can have his contract terminated with no financial payout obligations

Thomas signs off on this

contract done and dusted

and NOW

the club that Thomas apparently bleeds for, the club he says he loves every second time he opens his mouth, very Howardesque as if to convince his constituency

he now is threatening court action because he wants some holiday pay

what
:shock:

$500,000 a year not enough Grant?

Poor Grant never had a holiday, gee it must have been tough coaching an AFL team, getting $500,000 a year with no previous AFL coaching experience

I mean FAIR ******** DINKUM, when every player back in 1984 was taking their 22.5 cents in the dollar to help keep the club in existence, Grant Thomas was not owed one cent

He made very sure of this and when he thought there was more money to be made elsewhere he did a runner to North Melbourne

While other players were making huge financial sacrifices to keep the club alive,Thomas took every cent coming to him

Never had a holiday hey Grant, gee what were the trips to London, Sth.Africa and China all about? oh yeah, training camps , that's right :roll:

Even aside from outside donations, over three years this cost the club OVER $500,000 dollars off the bottomline, that's right half a million dollars for 6 weeks of holiday time at the clubs expense

Thomas is now trying to extort money off the club he, apparently according to some numbnuts, loves like a second skin

Thomas bleeds red, white and black alright, only problem is it comes off the clubs bottomline

Always used the club as a cash cow to support his 8 kids, Brighton lifestyle and god knows what else

Why can't this slimeball just grease OFF, get over himself and move on

This machiavelian maestro and slippery snake oil salesman was always in it for Grant Thomas number one, with the footy club a very very distant second

Take the club to court for $60,000 in holiday pay

No doubt we'll get a whole host of numbnuts, blaming this all on Butterss, demanding that the St.Kilda football club just hand over $60,000 to Grant immediately because the poor man didn't have a holiday

Actually the footy club paid for three overseas jaunts, but hey that's not enough is it Grant?

OH DEAR

A wolf in sheepsclothing

What a conjob

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:oh dear

the board eventually decide to agree to this bonus for two premierships in the second premiership season

but insert a clause that he can have his contract terminated with no financial payout obligations

Thomas signs off on this

contract done and dusted

and NOW

the club that Thomas apparently bleeds for, the club he says he loves every second time he opens his mouth, very Howardesque as if to convince his constituency

what

Poor Grant never had a holiday, gee it must have been tough coaching an AFL team, getting $500,000 a year with no previous AFL coaching experience

I mean FAIR ******** DINKUM, when every player back in 1984 was taking their 22.5 cents in the dollar to help keep the club in existence, Grant Thomas was not owed one cent

He made very sure of this and when he thought there was more money to be made elsewhere he did a runner to North Melbourne

While other players were making huge financial sacrifices to keep the club alive,Thomas took every cent coming to him

Never had a holiday hey Grant, gee what were the trips to London, Sth.Africa and China all about? oh yeah, training camps , that's right :roll:

Even aside from outside donations, over three years this cost the club OVER $500,000 dollars off the bottomline, that's right half a million dollars for 6 weeks of holiday time at the clubs expense

Thomas is now trying to extort money off the club he, apparently according to some numbnuts, loves like a second skin

Thomas bleeds red, white and black alright, only problem is it comes off the clubs bottomline

Always used the club as a cash cow to support his 8 kids, Brighton lifestyle and god knows what else

This machiavelian maestro and slippery snake oil salesman was always in it for Grant Thomas number one, with the footy club a very very distant second

No doubt we'll get a whole host of numbnuts, blaming this all on Butterss, demanding that the St.Kilda football club just hand over $60,000 to Grant immediately because the poor man didn't have a holiday

Actually the footy club paid for three overseas jaunts, but hey that's not enough is it Grant?

OH DEAR

A wolf in sheepsclothing

What a conjob

let it be...if you were anyone important and respected from within the football club you wouldnt be posting the same old, tired charade on an internet forum...

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:
barks4eva wrote:oh dear

Thomas signs off on this

contract done and dusted

and NOW

what

OH DEAR

A wolf in sheepsclothing

What a conjob

let it be...if you were anyone important and respected from within the football club you wouldnt be posting the same old, tired charade on an internet forum...
agree, but he's right. i once did at least respect GT but now he just disgusts me :roll:

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
JeffDunne

Can I ask, if this report is true, how on earth does Caro know about it?

She seems to 'know' an awful lot about supposedly confidential discussions.

She's either a liar or someone's in her ear. I think we can presume it's not GT talking to her.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Great post barks. I'm all ears.

JeffDunne

Do you like fairytales AOK? :?

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: he gets the position as coach through a farcical process

every player back in 1984 was taking their 22.5 cents in the dollar to help keep the club in existence, Grant Thomas was not owed one cent

What part of that is a fairy tale? Other than the 22 cents bit, the rest is known by all and sundry.

brewski
Club Player

hope its not true but if it is, then agree totally with Barks comments

Banned by the censors
JeffDunne

I don't take gossip as gospel AOK. I also think if Andrew believes what he is posting then is pointing the finger at the wrong bloke.

Anyhow, what he is or isn't owed isn't for forum simpleton's to decide. If we owe him money then we should pay him, if we don't then I'm sure the club will dispute it. If it's a baseless claim it won't even make it into a courtroom so I don't really see any point in debating it. If GT does have a claim, then I hope petty politics isn't going to cost the club more money.

Now of course if anyone here has a copy of his contract and the termination agreement I'm happy to read it.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I don't take gossip as gospel AOK.
None of what I quoted is gossip. Go thru the list.

Admits to the process farce - after lying straight faced for 5 years about it.
Gets $500 having never coached AFL before.
Asks for $500 bonus if we win a flag - which it looked like we would.

I believe the bit about 1984, cos no-one here's denied it.

Is he really hassling us for holiday pay? If not, that may be gossip.

Say we make the GF, who would be a great pre game motivator - for the other side. GT. He seems to need large amounts of money to survive, I'm sure he'd happily take the job.

I don't trust him, never have. He might have great lines to spin, but they're all calculated. Even his so called, off the cuff remarks on radio.

I'd trust Caro any day before GT. She's no fool.

JeffDunne

aussierules0k wrote:None of what I quoted is gossip.
I take it you have a copy of his contract?

While you're at it, can you post the terms of Lyon's contract so we can make a comparison?

And how in God's name is it GT's fault if he was paid $500K without any experience? You don't think the bloke that lent him $1m just before giving him the job - and after paying $2m for a bloke to coach not even 12 months - might take some of the blame? Just a little?

Of course you wouldn't AOK, you'd prefer to believe Caro - a proven liar.

I ask again too, how in God's name does Caro know these details? We know she's not talking to Grant, So she's either making it up or someone in the club is leaking the information.

But of course, everything . . . and I mean everything . . . is GT's fault. :roll:

mischa
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Can I ask, if this report is true, how on earth does Caro know about it?

She seems to 'know' an awful lot about supposedly confidential discussions.

She's either a liar or someone's in her ear. I think we can presume it's not GT talking to her.
Bet I can guess how she knows about it. No surprises there, the usual suspect. As for truth re: mass media what seems to pass for it is a whole litany of lies, half truths and innuendo. In other words what ppl want to tell you and you dutifully say or print-claiming the ridiculous 'protecting my sources' defence. Oh and revenge probably plays a large part from Ms. Wilson's point of view :roll: Good to see the other usual suspects-the 'Andrew Bolt' purveyors of truth and justice out in force :roll: :roll: :roll:

quidnunc
Club Player

If I wasn't a supporter of the Saints, I would consider GT's persistent pesterings of St.Kilda Football Club as boring and distracting.

Being a supporter of the Saints however, I still consider GT's pesterings to be boring and distracting.

From this I can only assume then that he may be giving everyone the sh**ts!

Was there on the outer wing as a youngster flying the flag in '66 - still loyal, still passionate!
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

No one person should be judged on any one incident......

But when you see a pattern over time..................though some refuse to see it....

Show me the money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

GT is an asshat.

Seriously.

F*** off already.

And thats coming from one of his longer term supporters. Enough is enough.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:

every player back in 1984 was taking their 22.5 cents in the dollar to help keep the club in existence, Grant Thomas was not owed one cent

What part of that is a fairy tale? Other than the 22 cents bit, the rest is known by all and sundry.
The fact that he was fully paid at the time is also on the public record.

However I cant see a problem with him getting his full entitlemen. If he was savvy enough to do it whats the problem.

Interesting how the usual suspects with agendas try to insinuate that its the clubs fault and in particular Rod Butters that has "leaked" to Wilson.

Also interesting that posters ask for proof of GT's contract (I would like to know also how these people"know" he was on $500k, there are Privacy Laws in this country) but have publicly stated that insinuations about Rod Butters are opinion only and they have no proof. :D :wink:

Anyway hands up who is sick of Grant Thomas and his ongoing battles with the STKFC.

I certainly am.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Behind Play
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
aussierules0k wrote:

The fact that he was fully paid at the time is also on the public record.

However I cant see a problem with him getting his full entitlemen. If he was savvy enough to do it whats the problem.

Interesting how the usual suspects with agendas try to insinuate that its the clubs fault and in particular Rod Butters that has "leaked" to Wilson.

Also interesting that posters ask for proof of GT's contract (I would like to know also how these people"know" he was on $500k, there are Privacy Laws in this country) but have publicly stated that insinuations about Rod Butters are opinion only and they have no proof. :D :wink:

Anyway hands up who is sick of Grant Thomas and his ongoing battles with the STKFC.

I certainly am.
Me too Joffa.
This bloke has become a cancer on the club.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

same here.

sick of the revisionist history about his coaching by those have an agenda.

sick of GT being a idiot in the press, on the radio and his fights with St Kilda. I wish for the sake of us, his family and the club he pays his debts, pays of his house and gets a good job.

I think if he got the bill express job and out of the media that would ahve been the best for himself, the family, the club etc, i suspect however some folks want to see him fail at everything and would be laughing if he lost his home, i suspect also given his recent activities he might not be that well himself and folks are rejoicing in his recent behaviour. etc.

I find the whole situation depressing and just another episode in the st kilda drama.

Glad Butters has STFU and has gone back to running the club.

would like to see some good football, and for us to go back to discussing how much we gonna whup the opposition by :(

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:Interesting how the usual suspects with agendas try to insinuate that its the clubs fault and in particular Rod Butters that has "leaked" to Wilson.
If people are prepared to believe Caro, then surely they believe she has been told by someone in the know?

Given her public anti-GT stance, her clear bias and slant against him when reporting, his comments about her and the nature of this latest report . . . I don't think it's too much of a stretch to believe he wasn't the one talking to her. Call me agenda driven all you like but I think anyone with half an once of common sense could draw that conclusion.

So like I said, IF you believe her, then you believe the club is still leaking information about Thomas and about contracts that should remain confidential. I am amazed people that believe this are having a go at GT for it.
What's interesting about that? :?

That some of us are prepared to differentiate opinion and fact?

Silly me, I apologise for taking the forum down this path. :roll:

yipper
SS Life Member

I too wish that GT would just keep his gob shut, only time I want to hear from him is if he has something good, uplifting and positive to say.

It's getting to the stage that everytime I pick up the paper or turn on the tv - there is some GT controversy going on!! He'll end up losing all the respect he has from a large group of Saints fans.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
JeffDunne

Can someone please post GT's quotes about this?

While you're at it, can someone please also explain to me how he was responsible for this being in the press?

Anyone? :?