Last Quarters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Last Quarters

R14 vs Collingwood - Lost by 24 pts.
R15 vs Adelaide - Lost by 3 pts.
R16 vs Hawthorn - Lost by 4 pts.
R17 vs Carlton - Lost by 25 pts.
R18 vs Bulldogs - Lost by 16 pts.
R19 vs Sydney - Lost by 13 pts.

As has been stated on this board before, our inability to finish games is very worrying. Surely this must be a focus area for the side this week.
Fremantle have won their last two final quarters convincingly.

supersaints
Club Player

Thats almost too logical for this forum... I agree our last quater efforts have been poor, I wonder if a factor is alll the players that have come back in can run out games? You would think most would be reaching peak fitness soon.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

"soon" is not good enough. We needed it desperately against Collingwood, Sydney, and the Dogs.

I just think we're not up to what's expected due to our gameplan and lack of rotations.

terry smith rules
SS Hall of Fame

my problem with saturday's last quarter was that really at no stage did we actually try and win the bloody thing.

#9 spent half the quarter off the ground and we played with a 5 man forward line with #44 effectively our full forward ffs.

HELLO coaches we need to win games to make the finals, % does not matter so does not matter if we lose by 1 point or 51 points, so what is the point of trying to "not lose"

put our best players in their best positions, attack through the corridor and if we get shot down at least we won't die wondering

I am furious about the insipid "i'm too scared to have a go, in case I fail effort" that we wittnessed on saturday

fqf

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Was speaking to my brother in Melb last night who goes to all the Sainters games. Having the benefit of being able to see the whole ground and not just a TV screen like me, he reckons that the last quarter fade-out might be due to the players running out of legs. Perhaps their fitness isn't up to the huge amount of running required to deliver the flooding and attack in waves from half-back style. Anybody got any thoughts about this?

aussiejones
Club Player

"put our best players in their best positions, attack through the corridor and if we get shot down at least we won't die wondering

I am furious about the insipid "i'm too scared to have a go, in case I fail effort" that we wittnessed on saturday "

Also poor field kicking .....
put our best players in their best positions, attack through the corridor

Geeze...... Its about winning not saving the game .

Goals win games .......

Also , poor accountability 'manning up' .

Re FG .... it must be sooooo frustrating.

At this rate Harves may as well hang up the boots ....the window has slammed shut